News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hotchkis Springs

Started by twenty mike mike, January 28, 2014, 11:55:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twenty mike mike

Anyone have pics of a 2nd Gen with the Hotchkis "geometry correcting" lowering springs?

myk

Some of the guys in here are running them; they'll be sure to post up soon...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

MSRacing89

We run them.

Careful.  They do settle quite a bit in the first year.  Probably a good ½" +.  We also run an additional ½" block with a 6º shim.  

First pic is year 1
Second is after settling year 2
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1203phr_1968_dodge_charger/index.html

'68 Charger 440, 11:1, ported Stealth Heads, Lunati voodoo 60304, 3.23 gear, Mulit-port EZ-EFI, Gear Vendors OD and Tallon Hydroboost.

WHITE AND RED 69

Hotchkis on mine. Same as MSRacing89 mine settled about a 1/2" after a while.  Been installed almost 3 years and have been great.  :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

twenty mike mike

bill440rt

You guys running drop spindles, too?  :scratchchin:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

WHITE AND RED 69

No drop spindles here Bill. Just cranked down the torsion bars. But the aftermarket control arms were needed to get a proper alignment with it that low.   :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

MSRacing89

Nope, tubular QA1 front end here. Drop spindles actually doesn't help get the roll center in the front down. I like to stick with stock spindles and work on bump steer and other areas.

'68 Charger 440, 11:1, ported Stealth Heads, Lunati voodoo 60304, 3.23 gear, Mulit-port EZ-EFI, Gear Vendors OD and Tallon Hydroboost.

myk

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on January 29, 2014, 01:10:03 AM
No drop spindles here Bill. Just cranked down the torsion bars. But the aftermarket control arms were needed to get a proper alignment with it that low.   :cheers:

Hmmm...So with stock control arms and my torsion bars cranked down about as low as you guys have them, my alignment must be a mess?  I drive the car so infrequently that I've never had abnormal tire-wear symptoms...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

1974dodgecharger

I got maybe 2k miles on mine and no abnormal wear on my fronts so far....I drive her 3 to 4 days a week total average 150 to 300 miles per week.  I have stock UCL myself....I need more money for those where as Im spending it elswhere now  ::)

MSRacing89

Quote from: myk on January 29, 2014, 01:35:29 AM
Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on January 29, 2014, 01:10:03 AM

Hmmm...So with stock control arms and my torsion bars cranked down about as low as you guys have them, my alignment must be a mess?  I drive the car so infrequently that I've never had abnormal tire-wear symptoms...

No, your alignment will be fine for normal driving.  Stock UCA just don't allow you be able to get additional +caster numbers.  You might get 3º while Tubular UCA's give you more options in that regard.  Upwards of 6º+.