News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

parking brake

Started by tucknroll, February 08, 2014, 08:21:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tucknroll

I have drums all around and they are ok but my parking brake is not hooked up if that's what you call it. everything is there. the cable is zip tied up underneath .I'm going to fix that when it warms up but does the parking brake have any affect on my back brakes?

twodko

The parking brake locks the rear drums when engaged or "parked".
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

1974dodgecharger

Yup, what he said.  U can adjust it within the drum and spin that star and then tighten up the Line mid way.

b5blue

Quote from: tucknroll on February 08, 2014, 08:21:01 PM
I have drums all around and they are ok but my parking brake is not hooked up if that's what you call it. everything is there. the cable is zip tied up underneath .I'm going to fix that when it warms up but does the parking brake have any affect on my back brakes?
Inside the rear drums there is a lever that they attach to. If there is no tension on the on the cables (The cables still slide in the jackets.) then no they are not effecting rears. With all drums assembled properly they self adjust by briskly backing up and slamming on the brakes several times repeatedly.

tucknroll

Lord Warlock

A question, if the e-brake isn't connected on one side, but is on the other (rear) will engaging the e-brake work only one side? or is tension from both sides required?
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

b5blue

You "could do that" but you'd need to do something at the equalizer, it would end up all jimmied to one side and might not hold the cable ball end.  :eek2: