News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

71-74 B-body oil pressure gauge non-rallye gauges where can I get one?

Started by WH23G3G, February 11, 2014, 10:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

I saw one of these non-rallye instrument cluster oil pressure gauges that fit where the clock mounts, on EBAY one time and it was reasonably priced. I even had the part number one time but I can't find it anymore. If you have a copy of the Feb 2014 issue of Mopar Action you can faintly see it in the 1973 Dodge Coronet CHP car gauge picture. I'm guessing it came on the police cars but I can't find it in my 73 parts catalog. I have an nos perfect working clock in mine but I'd love to have this oil pressure gauge because I hate having an aftermarket one under the dash. Plus I have the police package speedometer and ammeter already I got from a 1972 Coronet patrol car but interestingly it didn't have an oil pressure gauge there and it was a highway patrol car with a 400. I know someone is making repro gauges but does anyone know of this one? Don't have a pic of it because I can't find one.

ODZKing

This it?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Mopar-1973-Satellite-Charger-oil-pressure-gauge-/310838069939?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item485f648ab3&vxp=mtr
But is 3740166 correct?  That is a Oil Gauge for a rallye dash - according to the parts book.
BUT, oil gauge is with fuel on non clock/tach dashes. So if you look at Fuel gauge w/o clock its 2985211 and with the clock (smaller) its 2985214.  Which would lead me to believe that it is either a misprint or something weird in the book.
Thing is, it is NOT in any other year but 73. Interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WH23G3G

Yeah that is the one. I could have sworn that I found it in my 73 parts book where it says w/o Rallye instrument cluster but I looked backed and could not find it. I'm wondering if a separate harness would have to be hooked up to it to work or how difficult it would be to incorporate it into my cluster. I think I figured out how they have the part numbers listed. The oil gauge with rallye instrument cluster is for the Challenger and Cuda I guess and then if you look under that for W,R it doesn't say anything about Rallye so it means it's a standard cluster. I think that's how I figured it the first time I was searching for it and now realized why I missed it.

ODZKing

Well, you should have an idiot light I'm guessing. You are going to have to change the sender to the bigger gauge sender anyway which would make the light in-op. So use that wire.
Anyone else ... will that work?

WH23G3G

Right now I have an aftermarket mechanical gauge under the dash. Which I hate because if it ever leaks it won't be good and it will ruin my new carpet if it drips. Plus it just doesn't look right. I'm using the oil light sender with a fitting so that I can have both the light and the gauge working. I'm wondering how much warning the light gives you if I just do away with the gauge. I know even having a gauge on my daily driver Ford didn't help much, when as soon as the pressure dropped it was too late.

ACUDANUT

A mechanical gauge, is a lot more accurate.  In the event it leaks, you will find it fast and it is a easy fix.  I would not recommend one with white carpet.

ODZKing

The sender for the light is on/off.  No in between. If you are going to use the Chrysler gauge you will need 3488609.