News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Grille Installation Hardware on 1968 Charger

Started by 4402tuff4u, March 09, 2006, 07:32:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4402tuff4u

Got a call from my body guy, he wants me to bring him the grille installed on the headlight front end cross member because he wants to adjust the fenders on the Charger. Last night I picked up the painted headlight cross member brought it home and started installing the grille on the cross member and came to a halt when I started sliding the pressure "c" nut clips that get slid on the plastic grill. The new kit came with 10 of these thingy's but there are more locations/holes on the grille than clips. My Charger was missing many of these when I bought it, so pictures that I have are not helpful.

Is it 5 on the top and 5 on the bottom? and can anyone point out wish ones?

I have the Charger service manual but the diagram only shows one end (pass side), they don't show the middle and it's not that clear! :icon_smile_sad:  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

8WHEELER

I only know of 10 of those clips used, five on the top and five on the botom side.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

4402tuff4u

Thanks 8WHEELER. The only problem I have is that there are more of those locations shown on your photo than clips. That's what I did, I started pushing these clips on and by the time I was finished on the opposite side I had used the 10 clips and there were still two locations left. I looked at the diagram again on the shop manual and I think I got it. I think what they meant is to have two clips on the bottom and top at each headlight and one on top and bottom on the middle. Anything in between does not get one.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"