News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I don't want to be notified of old threads that I have posted in. Can I??

Started by green69rt, March 14, 2014, 03:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

green69rt

On occasion I have posted in a thread, monitored it for a while, then it may be of no more interest to me and I would like to stop receiving notices under "show new replies to your posts".  Is there a way or am I just stuck?

Troy

Go to your profile (menu at the top of the page) and click on the "Notifications and Email" link on the left side menu under the "Modify Profile" heading. On the page that comes up you will see a big list of topics you are currently subscribed to. Check the ones you no longer want notifications about and then click the "Unsubscribe" button at the bottom of the page.

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

alfaitalia

Quote from: Troy on March 14, 2014, 03:19:28 PM
Go to your profile (menu at the top of the page) and click on the "Notifications and Email" link on the left side menu under the "Modify Profile" heading. On the page that comes up you will see a big list of topics you are currently subscribed to. Check the ones you no longer want notifications about and then click the "Unsubscribe" button at the bottom of the page.

Troy

This is the standard answer to this question...but it is not correct. If I go to this section is shows that I'm not subscribed to any threads...which is not true. I want to unsubscribe from several of the Off topic discussion threads I've replies to (Answer question with question, three words game etc) so they do not keep popping up in my Unread posts list....does not seem possible.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

green69rt

Quote from: alfaitalia on April 04, 2017, 05:02:54 PM

Troy

This is the standard answer to this question...but it is not correct. If I go to this section is shows that I'm not subscribed to any threads...which is not true. I want to unsubscribe from several of the Off topic discussion threads I've replies to (Answer question with question, three words game etc) so they do not keep popping up in my Unread posts list....does not seem possible.

This is exactly my problem.  I always get the "word association game" which I foolishly replied to some years ago and now it keeps coming up in my "new reply's to my posts".  Yet it doesn't show up in the "current notifications list".

Troy

Quote from: green69rt on April 04, 2017, 10:25:12 PM
Quote from: alfaitalia on April 04, 2017, 05:02:54 PM

Troy

This is exactly my problem.  I always get the "word association game" which I foolishly replied to some years ago and now it keeps coming up in my "new reply's to my posts".  Yet it doesn't show up in the "current notifications list".
Those 2 things are totally separate. I'll look into the notifications. There's a chance that if they were turned on at some point then turned off that it didn't remove the setting on existing threads.

Troy

alfaitalia

Not trying to argue....but I'm pretty sure we are both taking about the same thing. Posts being on the unread posts area that we cant remove....that is notifications right?

hemigeno

The notifications Troy is talking about is an email notification sent to you whenever someone replies to a subscribed thread.

The "Show new replies to your posts" will list all threads - with new posts - to which you've replied in the past, not just the ones to which you've subscribed.

AFAIK, there's no way to eliminate threads from your "Show new replies" results... but I'm no expert.

Troy

Quote from: hemigeno on April 06, 2017, 02:12:01 PM
The notifications Troy is talking about is an email notification sent to you whenever someone replies to a subscribed thread.

The "Show new replies to your posts" will list all threads - with new posts - to which you've replied in the past, not just the ones to which you've subscribed.

AFAIK, there's no way to eliminate threads from your "Show new replies" results... but I'm no expert.

Right. After re-reading all this... the "show new replies to your posts" is automatic. It just looks for all threads you've ever replied to (or started). I never use that. Subscriptions will send an email notification.

Troy

alfaitalia

Understood...it's a pity because I use the " show replies to your posts" link all the time as it's the easiest way to follow the builds etc that I am interested in and have subscribed to. I think from now on I will just try not to post in the Off topic sections or there well just be more and more of them getting in the way of the real reason in come here...I really should not have posted in the word association type threads as they are very popular and appear in my thread list most days!

green69rt

Quote from: alfaitalia on April 07, 2017, 05:03:36 PM
Understood...it's a pity because I use the " show replies to your posts" link all the time as it's the easiest way to follow the builds etc that I am interested in and have subscribed to. I think from now on I will just try not to post in the Off topic sections or there well just be more and more of them getting in the way of the real reason in come here...I really should not have posted in the word association type threads as they are very popular and appear in my thread list most days!

Ditto.