News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tubular K Frame

Started by Aussiemadonmopars, March 10, 2006, 10:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aussiemadonmopars

:-\  I'm not sure if I have posted this topic before or not, but here goes. Does anyone know of anyone who has the tubular K frame set-up similar to that offered for sale by Magnum Force Suspensions, or any similar set-up. Is it any good?? Looking at the complete kit and comparing it to re-building a standard front end with aftermarket brakes, shocks, bushes etc. the price seems comparable if the benefits are really there.

700HPCharger

I have heard that these are better than most of the other tubular K-members. It's what i plan on running.
http://www.reillymotorsports.com/alterktion2.html I forgot to add the actual link :-\

Blown70

I think the other is Alter K... .something  Riley motorsports?  Not sure I know a board member here has one.  Not sure how it is working.

What are your plans as Most K-frames if done and re touched can be very good.

Tom

Chryco Psycho

http://www.redtopspeedshop.com/
these guys are designing a road race front K , take a look at it

dqhemi

We're doing an aluminum K-Member as part of our Level II suspension system.  We'll also be running aluminum upper and lower control arms and aluminum spindles.

Watch Dream Car Garage and you can see how it is getting engineered.

My website under the engineering section has pretty detailed info on the process and tools we are using.

Check out the TV show and you will see for yourself.  They are doing a segment each week on the development and engineering of our cars.  This weeks episode, which has two runs left on Sun at 10 PM and 3 AM EST, shows much of the technology, four post, torsion tests, simulations and more. 

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

Johnny SixPack

Some great looking products on your site.

Really looking forward to seeing the pricing on the 14" fr. and 13" rr. brake kit since you are including the Hydroboost system.

You're gonna have the MoPar high speed performance market cornered once all the items are ready for sale.
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Aussiemadonmopars

I still would be interested to hear from the actual people who have put these in their cars and hear from "the horses mouth" so to speak or even some road-test data. I have a 69 Charger H code I am restoring but would like to make changes to bring it out of the dinosaur category and keep up with some of the later model cars, give it some modern wheels/tires, brakes, suspension and engine changes.
As for the TV shows, I have seen a couple of series of some other shows but unfortunately down here in Western Australia we don't get to see much other than what's on the cable networks i.e. Rides, Monster Garage, American Chopper. I hope we see some more American Hotrod shows come through soon, as there is quite a following down here and demand is high. We love Mopar muscle-cars!!!