News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When did they Change from a C440-D,E etc.

Started by ChargerMad, March 11, 2006, 09:10:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerMad

Hi,
Can anyone help.When did they Change from a C440-D,E etc. As ive heard some 68 Chargers have matching 67 engines.

Troy

You could have a 67 "casting date" on the motor but the "stamped" numbers would say 'D' which would be for a 68 "build date".

Here's more information:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,10606.0.html

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bull

Any '68 Charger R/T built in late '67 and many R/T Chargers built in early '68 would have a '67 casting date with a "D 440" stamp at the distributor base unless of course they were Hemi cars and then I have to assume they are stamped with a "D 426" but I've never seen one to verify that. D=1968. All the Chargers built in early '68 would have '67 motors until they ran out of them and started installing engines with a '68 casting date. My Charger left the factory in Jan. of '68 and has an Aug. '67 motor with "D 383" stamped on the dist. base. Is that what you're asking?