News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

This NASCAR fan is stupid

Started by General_01, March 12, 2006, 01:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

bull

Hmmm. Cop cars on the circle track might be a nice touch.

General_01

Maybe thats how Mike Helton will start cracking down on over-aggressive drivers. :icon_smile_big:
496 stroker
4-speed

Arthu®

??? huh how does it have anything to do with NASCAR? Was he running shine or something?

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

dkn1997

RECHRGED

General_01

Here is the article. Notice the last paragraph.

Updated: 10:41 PM EST
IM This E-mail This

Wisconsin Man Blames NASCAR After Fleeing Cops

OSHKOSH, Wis. (March 10) - A man who claimed he tried to outrun police in part because he's a NASCAR fan will be taking a pit stop - in the county jail.

David Fox, 25, of Appleton was sentenced in Winnebago County Circuit Court Friday to eight months in jail with work-release privileges, followed by three years of probation.

In a plea deal, he pleaded no contest to reduced charges of obstructing officers and fleeing police. He also was ordered to pay more than $2,000 restitution for damage to three squad cars and had his driver's license revoked for a year.

Three charges of reckless endangerment were dropped.

The criminal complaint said a sheriff's deputy tried to stop Fox Oct. 1 for driving with a cracked windshield, but Fox kept driving even after the deputy lit his emergency lights. Over a 50-mile chase, Fox forced vehicles from the road and hit the three squad cars as they tried to stop him, the complaint said.

He eventually hit tire deflation devices set up by the officers but kept driving until his front tires came off, and he then resisted arrest until a stun device was used on him, according to the complaint.

Fox told authorities he decided to flee because he didn't want to get a ticket and is a fan of NASCAR, the complaint said.

496 stroker
4-speed

RallyeMike

From the description of his driving, I bet he was wearing a black #3 hat.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

General_01

Quote from: RallyeMike on March 12, 2006, 04:17:30 PM
From the description of his driving, I bet he was wearing a black #3 hat.

:haha:
496 stroker
4-speed

BigBlackDodge

He eventually hit tire deflation devices set up by the officers but kept driving until his front tires came off, and he then resisted arrest until a stun device was used on him, according to the complaint.

He must have wondered to himself why the yellow flag did not come out!!!..................'Debris on the track'

BBD

Dale The Bold

Quote from: General_01 on March 12, 2006, 01:29:51 PM
Fox told authorities he decided to flee because he didn't want to get a ticket and is a fan of NASCAR, the complaint said.
With an excuse like that, how could they not let him go?  Oh, yeah, the excessive stupidity.

My friend is a police sargeant in Winnebago County.  I wonder if he's involved with this case at all.  I'm sure he knows of it.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

Shakey

50 miles is a long chase.

I also don't see what NASCAR had to do with it.

chrisII

when i raced there was a car painted in black and white with a set of cop lights on the roof..he would kick em on during parade laps. not cool in the mirror lol.

Iceyone

And people wonder why the cops want to beat the hell out of people like that, once they're caught.  :icon_smile_question:
68 Charger
70 Super Bee
11 SRT8 Challenger
30 Chevy Universal

4cruzin

Yep that was pretty stupid!!   
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

694spdRT

Maybe he is a Junior Johnson fan pretending to be a moonshine runner.  :rotz:

1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto