News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparfan

turning old mopars in to works of art.

WHITE AND RED 69

Amazing quality you are putting into this one! Love the tires and the stance, makes me want to tub mine now.  :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

keepat

Quote from: RamZCharger on January 22, 2015, 11:15:34 AM
Quote from: timmycharger on January 22, 2015, 10:28:37 AM
Quote from: Patronus on January 05, 2015, 08:18:41 PM
This thread makes me happy

X2

X3, love this build.  Keep up the awesome work Pat . . . and let me know when I can come hang out in your garage.

Thank you, I'm glad you guys enjoy it!
I'm at the shop just about every night from 7:00 pm to 10:00 stop in when you are in Edgewater MD.
Thanks
Pat

fy469rtse

white and red 69 , so your going to show us how to do it with out needing to re paint qaurters, ?
going four link it as well , Dana  ? please start thread ,  :2thumbs:
if you manage to do this , please post , and im going to follow suit, need much bigger tyres to mine , spins at will   
have i mentioned love your work, and recent photo's are just plain beautiful , cars in very good hands

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: fy469rtse on January 23, 2015, 12:29:18 AM
white and red 69 , so your going to show us how to do it with out needing to re paint qaurters, ?
going four link it as well , Dana  ? please start thread ,  :2thumbs:
if you manage to do this , please post , and im going to follow suit, need much bigger tyres to mine , spins at will   
have i mentioned love your work, and recent photo's are just plain beautiful , cars in very good hands

Thanks! I'd love to but I couldn't cut into my baby at this point, just bolt on parts for now. I wish I had the skills to pull it off but I don't have the metal skills that Pat has. Hopefully another project will be in my future that I can go crazy with, I just need more money and more garage space.  :lol:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

keepat

Remove what was left of the trunk floor and cut some dead weight out of the frame by removing the rear spring mounts. I also removed the left side trunk drop to do a little rust repair that I found when the trunk floor was removed. I could've bought a new trunk drop but I enjoy saving as much of the original steel as I can.   
Thanks
Pat

Ryan

Damnit.... Your going to make me spend more money  :lol:

Love this build.
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

keepat

Out of town for a few days working at the Miami boat show, but got back on the Charger this weekend. Remove most of the paint, undercoating, and surface rust in the trunk.
Thanks
Pat

Heat-gun and a putty knife and then wipe down with lacquer thinner makes quick remove of the original sound deadening.

fy469rtse

:popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs:
great work , keep posting

VegasCharger

Great work Keepat :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

I love lacquer thinner, does many wonders when you're in this hobby :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

keepat

Before installing the trunk floor I started on the back window as it would be easier to clean up the welds under the window frame without the trunk floor.

Made a few template of the corner before cutting the rust out as to match the shape.

Welded in the lower half of the corner before cutting out the top half to help hold the shape.

Use the trim to confirm the shape as I tacked welded the new metal in.

One corner done and one to go.
Thanks
Pat

Fitz73Chrgr

:popcrn: Really enjoy seeing progress on this one! 
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

keepat

The right side was a little more work but turned out nice.

Next project is the trunk floor and mini tubs.
Thanks!
Pat

freddyd02

Sure am glad i came across this build! Your metal skills are amazing. Cant wait to see the finished product!  :cheers:

keepat

Test fit the trunk floor today so I can measure for the inner wheel wells. With the back seat cross braces removed and upper corners slightly bent up. The only other modification need was to bend the right side aft wheel well corner which I was planning on as I didn't weld that corner on yet in anticipation to a tight fit at the widest point of the trunk floor.
Thanks
Pat

Cncguy

Thanks for the detailed write up on the rear window corner repair. I will be using this to repair mine.

keepat

Quote from: Cncguy on March 07, 2015, 10:10:08 PM
Thanks for the detailed write up on the rear window corner repair. I will be using this to repair mine.

You are welcome, good luck with your repair!
Thanks
Pat

tan top

awesome Job   :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:  ,  looking good !!   :yesnod:   thanks for sharing the pictures ! keep them coming   :popcrn: :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Back N Black

jaak

keepat

keepat

Fit and butt welded the US Car Tool mini tub kit to one of the wheel wells. The left side fit great and I'll let you how the right side works soon. Would be nice if someone made wide stock looking wheel well like they have for GM & Ford cars!

I screwed on the extension to the outer wheel well. The shape of the kit is spot on!

With the extension in place I screwed the inter wheel well on so I could remove it as one part to weld it together. 

Added about 2 ½" to the wheel well, a lot of work for a 335 tire but it will look cool!
Thank you!
Pat

72Charger-SE

Very impressive metal shaping & welding work. 

:2thumbs:

RamZCharger

After seeing this I wish I tubbed mine!  Great work Pat.

BLK 68 R/T

Very impressive work. Looking good.  :2thumbs: