News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keepat

Installed the parking brake cable pass-through tube in the frame connector. I also remove the original floor mount for the parking cable as I'm going to install a small roller to redirect the cable along the frame.
Thanks
Pat

MxRacer855

fy469rtse

mike69440

Quote from: keepat on January 28, 2016, 09:03:15 AM
Installed the parking brake cable pass-through tube in the frame connector. I also remove the original floor mount for the parking cable as I'm going to install a small roller to redirect the cable along the frame.
Thanks
Pat

Just to bust your chops, did you use a Stainless Steel piece of tubing for that cable pass thru?  it just might rust up and freeeze the cable in another 50 years. :laugh:

keepat

Quote from: mike69440 on January 28, 2016, 10:26:50 PM
Quote from: keepat on January 28, 2016, 09:03:15 AM
Thanks
Pat

Just to bust your chops, did you use a Stainless Steel piece of tubing for that cable pass thru?  it just might rust up and freeeze the cable in another 50 years. :laugh:

Funny you say that as I tried to find some 1/2" stainless with the right wall thickness. I have 3/4" S/S but I though it was to large. I'll use a long spray tube to paint the inside of the pass thru so it will say rust free ;-)
Thanks
Pat

70mopar500

Hey Pat,  I just binged read you thread and I'm in awe of your skills :notworthy: I used the US car tools box's and sub frame connectors too. I got to weld them up on my back though :eek2:  : ::)lol: will you be removing the piping to get it sealed up behind it? Rich
Rich 70 charger 500 440.  07 Ram Quad cab 1500 5.7 HEMI, 80 Camaro RS 350

keepat

Quote from: 70mopar500 on January 30, 2016, 05:01:32 PM
Hey Pat,  I just binged read you thread and I'm in awe of your skills :notworthy: I used the US car tools box's and sub frame connectors too. I got to weld them up on my back though :eek2:  : ::)lol: will you be removing the piping to get it sealed up behind it? Rich

Rich,
I also welded the frame connectors in on my back when the car was all together, not fun but a good way to be sure the car is loaded correcty. As for the piping, everything I have fit on the car has been or will be removed before body and paint work.
Thank you!
Pat

472 R/T SE

Excuse me Pat.

Hey Rich!   :wave:   He's one talented, frickin' dude, huh?

Pat has an old Low Rider that's all original he got from his Dad.  I too had one all original from my Father that Mom bought him new.  I thought it was pretty cool that another classic Charger owner also owned an old putt identical to mine.  Pretty sure his Father was the original owner as well.

keepat

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on February 01, 2016, 05:28:18 PM
Excuse me Pat.

Hey Rich!   :wave:   He's one talented, frickin' dude, huh?

Pat has an old Low Rider that's all original he got from his Dad.  I too had one all original from my Father that Mom bought him new.  I thought it was pretty cool that another classic Charger owner also owned an old putt identical to mine.  Pretty sure his Father was the original owner as well.

Thanks Mike! and yes my Father bought the 78 Low Rider new, very cool bike!
Pat

keepat

I had a small section of the driver's side floor with pin holes that needed to be replaced.  I cut about 18" from a new left side floor pan and grafted it along the cross member so it would be hard to tell if it was repaired. Some high-build primer should make any imperfections disappear.

VegasCharger

Ah now I know where the remaining piece came from on you "for sale" ad  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

70mopar500

Yes he is Mike!  I would love to sharpen my welding skills up with Pat  :2thumbs:
Rich 70 charger 500 440.  07 Ram Quad cab 1500 5.7 HEMI, 80 Camaro RS 350

keepat

Quote from: VegasCharger on February 02, 2016, 04:43:23 AM
Ah now I know where the remaining piece came from on you "for sale" ad  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Yes it was nice to make a little more room in the shop, I shipped it out today ;-)
Thanks
Pat

68RT440

Great work. It's not easy grafting in a piece of floor and make it look untouched with all of the stampings. It looks like you succeeded  :2thumbs:
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

keepat

Quote from: 68RT440 on February 02, 2016, 05:08:43 PM
Great work. It's not easy grafting in a piece of floor and make it look untouched with all of the stampings. It looks like you succeeded  :2thumbs:

Its time consuming and fun! (well I know it time consuming ;-))
Thank you!
Pat

XS29L9B2

whooooooooooooo your work is amezing
dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

keepat

keepat

Fitted and welded the last torque box (left front) next up is welding the unused holes in the firewall.
Thanks
Pat

keepat

The RMS suspension requires a few holes drill through the frame and they tell you not to over tighten these bolts so you don't collapse the frame. So I welded in 2 reinforcements to help prevent that from happening. The 1/8" plate is welded on both sides.
Thanks
Pat

SnoPro440

I haven't had a Charger for 3 years but I still come back to this site to check on your progress.  Outstanding work!
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

keepat

Quote from: SnoPro440 on February 06, 2016, 12:08:09 PM
I haven't had a Charger for 3 years but I still come back to this site to check on your progress.  Outstanding work!

Wow, thats cool! THANK YOU!
Pat

keepat

I started filling all of the unused holes in the engine well and have the left inner fender and core support finished, so far over 50 holes.
Thanks
Pat

Dino

Reading your posts and looking at progress pictures is like a fix for a junkie, I just gotta have more! Absolutely beautiful work.  :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

keepat

Quote from: Dino on February 20, 2016, 05:40:09 PM
Reading your posts and looking at progress pictures is like a fix for a junkie, I just gotta have more! Absolutely beautiful work.  :2thumbs:

Thank you sir! I Feel like a junkie too, except I think it's from all the burning paint fumes ;-)
Pat

Dino

Quote from: keepat on February 20, 2016, 05:51:43 PM
Quote from: Dino on February 20, 2016, 05:40:09 PM

Thank you sir! I Feel like a junkie too, except I think it's from all the burning paint fumes ;-)
Pat

Well, you're allowed to inhale once in a while.   ;)
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.