News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern Bullitt build

Started by keepat, April 30, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fy469rtse

fantastic work,
keep posting, more shots please , love your work  :2thumbs:

WHITE AND RED 69

Nice touch on boxing in the support! Looks cleaner as well.   :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

VegasCharger

keepat

Quote from: fy469rtse on March 06, 2016, 05:26:32 PM
fantastic work,
keep posting, more shots please , love your work  :2thumbs:

Will do! thanks for checking in!
Pat

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on March 06, 2016, 08:06:13 PM

It made a big difference in the stiffness and I think someone like US Car Tool should make it as I think it would sell!
Thanks
Pat

Quote from: VegasCharger on March 06, 2016, 08:41:44 PM
Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on March 06, 2016, 08:06:13 PM

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Thanks!!!
Pat

keepat

1st coat of primer on the engine bay and fender wells.
Thanks
Pat

Maxed

Wow what a thread!  I cannot wait to start on my wife's 66 now.  Pat your work is excellent! My wife looked over my shoulder as I read through this entire thread this afternoon.  She is a pretty decent tech at our shop and has even built up a few engines. She cannot wait to start on her 383 now and she is pushing me to get a rotisserie so we can hers prepped for it.

keepat

Quote from: Maxed on March 20, 2016, 07:41:57 PM
Wow what a thread!  I cannot wait to start on my wife's 66 now.  Pat your work is excellent! My wife looked over my shoulder as I read through this entire thread this afternoon.  She is a pretty decent tech at our shop and has even built up a few engines. She cannot wait to start on her 383 now and she is pushing me to get a rotisserie so we can hers prepped for it.

Thanks for checking out the build! It sound like you are a lucky man as you have a wife that loves you and loves to work on cars.  My wife also enjoys working on cars but it's been a few years and the next project will be hers (old woody)  good luck with your 66 project!
Thanks again!
Pat

keepat

Received my restored dash and instrument panel from Auto instruments very happy with their workmanship and the re-plastic plating.
Thanks
Pat

mike69440

Pat

What no wood Veneer?  Has the Clock been rebuild with Digital movement? 

Looks great, even without the fake wood.

charger chris

That is really nice looking. Hope mine looks as good as yours when I get done with it.
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

keepat

Quote from: mike69440 on March 29, 2016, 06:16:42 PM
Pat

What no wood Veneer?  Has the Clock been rebuild with Digital movement? 

Looks great, even without the fake wood.

Mike,

Wood dash would look nice, but 68 Chargers did not have that option. And yes the clock is updated!
Thanks
Pat

keepat

Quote from: charger chris on March 29, 2016, 06:24:39 PM
That is really nice looking. Hope mine looks as good as yours when I get done with it.

Thank You!
Pat

Patronus

Oh, so thats what it's supposed to look like!   :scope:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

VegasCharger

Your gauge cluster is absolutely stunning!!!  :drool5:

Yea NO wood grain on 68s, thank god. Not a big fan of the wood grain except maybe the steering wheel.

And on 70s they over do the wood grain IMO.

Chalk another one up for the 68, at least in my world.

igozumn

Ammeter's been converted to voltmeter, yes?  Just when I think, "Go with the Dakota Digital and fix it all in one swoop...", I see a restored original cluster.   :drool5:

I actually ran across the empty package the other day for the clock Quartz conversion I bought from JC WHitney some 25+ years ago.  Quartz conversion stopped working again about 5 years ago.   :shruggy:

Looks awesome, Pat!
A man walks into a psychiatrist's office wearing nothing but underpants made from saran wrap.  The psychiatrist says, "Well....I can clearly see your nuts...."

keepat

Quote from: igozumn on March 29, 2016, 10:18:12 PM
Ammeter's been converted to voltmeter, yes?  Just when I think, "Go with the Dakota Digital and fix it all in one swoop...", I see a restored original cluster.   :drool5:

I actually ran across the empty package the other day for the clock Quartz conversion I bought from JC WHitney some 25+ years ago.  Quartz conversion stopped working again about 5 years ago.   :shruggy:

Looks awesome, Pat!

Yes I had them convert the ammeter to work as a voltmeter, did the same on my 1st Charger and it worked well!
Thank you!
Pat

keepat

Removed all the paint and carpet glue from the floor, next is the inside of the firewall (fun!)
Thanks
Pat

WHITE AND RED 69

Looking good Pat! What's your plan for coating the floors? Are you just gonna paint it or add sound deadening as well?
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

keepat

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on April 03, 2016, 05:17:47 PM
Looking good Pat! What's your plan for coating the floors? Are you just gonna paint it or add sound deadening as well?

Epoxy primer, black paint, and Dyamat.  Unfortunately I think I'm a good 6+ months away from put Dyamat on this floor :-(
Thank you!
Pat

1970Moparmann

Pat, did you use a chemical stripper on the floor? 

Looking great!
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

mike69440

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on April 04, 2016, 07:47:04 PM

Looking great!

http://www.masterseriescoatings.com/index/

Pat,

IMHO this stuff works well, I really would not recommend it if I had any doubts

keepat

Looking great!

No chemicals,  3  different wire wheel on a grinder or drill along with a heat gun to soften the paint. Finished up with a DA sander and 80 grit paper.
Thanks
Pat

keepat

Quote from: mike69440 on April 04, 2016, 08:03:40 PM

Looking great!

http://www.masterseriescoatings.com/index/

Pat,

IMHO this stuff works well, I really would not recommend it if I had any doubts

Mike,  thanks for the link I will check it out, looks pretty interesting.
Pat

BLK 68 R/T

Car is looking great. The gauge cluster looks fantastic  :coolgleamA:

keepat

Quote from: BLK 68 R/T on April 05, 2016, 04:34:27 PM
Car is looking great. The gauge cluster looks fantastic  :coolgleamA:

Thank you sir, I'm very happy with the quality of their work and I can't wait to install it one day.
Pat