News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I saw two Challengers at the Toyota plant today.

Started by Telvis, March 13, 2006, 11:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telvis

As most of you already know from my previous whining rants that I have started working full time hours at Toyota. Today I was walking through the plant and saw a picture of a concept Challenger on an office wall. It was above somebody's desk right in front of a window so that everyone who passed by could see it. Then about an hour later I was in a breakroom in another area of the plant. They have computers for the team members to use during break. There on the breakroom computerwas a picture of thenew Challenger on the desktop background. It was pretty funny to see. Unfortunately there wasn't another mopar fan around to appreciate it with me. They don't allow cameras in the plant. If they did that would be one great set of pictures!

RD

that is pretty funny. its amazing that the brass allows that type of display of a competitors vehicle.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Telvis

I will check everytime I go back there to see if they stay.

Silver R/T

cool, nice to know someone else appreciates Mopar
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Steve P.

That will be the next thing we'll see. A Toyota that looks like a retro Challenger.. I bet their numbers would scream....
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

sixpack70

Toyota might get mad if they don't see one of their old people cars on the desktop. I think you need to help toyota out and switch all of the computers you find to new challengers.
1966 Falcon
1969 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Charger R/T 440+6 4spd

bull

Now you're going to get canned for telling us about it. It's like the Pepsi guy drinking Coke.

Brock Samson

the latest Car and Driver has a drive of the new Chally, says it weighs very nearly as much as the 4 doors.. great pics...

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=19&article_id=10492

"Rumor has it that production versions might get an optional 500-hp, 392-cubic-inch V-8 shown at the SEMA show. The engine puts out 425 horsepower and 420 pound-feet of torque. We don't expect the Challenger to weigh much less than the Charger's roughly 4100 pounds, which will make it far heavier than the 3575-pound, but less powerful, Mustang".

&

"At best, the Challenger is probably 18 to 24 months away from your Dodge dealership..."

Mike DC

The O.E.M.s sure love weight, don't they?  They won't build a car for less than two tons. 

If you ask them to remove weight they just add plastic & stamp the sheetmetal even thinner.  But you couldn't get them to leave out the electric butt-heaters if you put a gun to their heads.

Telvis

I went by the office today and the picture was still there.....I don't think they will can me for mentioning I saw the picture. They might get the guys who have the pictures posted. I don't think they can get you for looking. :icon_smile_big: I'm a temporary contractor anyway.

41husk

Quote from: Stratocharger on March 14, 2006, 08:58:23 PM
the latest Car and Driver has a drive of the new Chally, says it weighs very nearly as much as the 4 doors.. great pics...

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=19&article_id=10492

"Rumor has it that production versions might get an optional 500-hp, 392-cubic-inch V-8 shown at the SEMA show. The engine puts out 425 horsepower and 420 pound-feet of torque. We don't expect the Challenger to weigh much less than the Charger's roughly 4100 pounds, which will make it far heavier than the 3575-pound, but less powerful, Mustang".

&

"At best, the Challenger is probably 18 to 24 months away from your Dodge dealership..."

I hope they build it
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Charger Aficionado

If DCX doesn't build it I would ACTUALLY BUY it from Toyo!!!  I would STRIKE!!!  A-hole F-tards...