News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

110 Octane gas at one of my local gas stations

Started by troy.70R/T, May 18, 2014, 12:00:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

troy.70R/T

I was filling up my Oldsmobile today and had to do a double take when I seen a sign that said 110 Octane. It is $8.00 a gallon but at least I have the option. :2thumbs:  :coolgleamA:

myk

Where's this at?  Not Kommie-fornia, for sure...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

troy.70R/T

Ghoste

I bought 6 gallons of 110 leaded for my own precious in Detroit yesterday.  More octane than I need?  Yes.  Expensive?  Yes.  Do I regret it?  No.

troy.70R/T

Its just going to be cool to pull up to the pump and dump some 110 into my Charger. :icon_smile_big:

Ghoste

JB400

I'll have to look and see what prices are at the local dirt track.

myk

Wouldn't we have to retune our cars to account for the higher octane?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Ghoste

To make it effective, without a doubt.  In the case of my car, it had some old fuel in it and it was pinging some plus I wanted to get a little of that lead on the valve seats.

xoman60

We have it here also in St.Pete, FL. I've been running it about 4 months now. It's 8.39 a gallon.

Ghoste

7.99 a gallon in the motor city yesterday.  You have to wonder why so much difference.

ITSA426

I haven't bought any yet this year but probably this week,  the hemi car likes it.  Last time I bought it it was 7.99 a gallon.  I get six and a half mpg.  It's worth every penny.

1974dodgecharger

Does higher4 octane increase mpg in our old cars? Ma6be it was but I filled up twice on 110 and it increased mpg, maybe in my head since I tried to justify the purchase.

Kern Dog

Quote from: myk on May 18, 2014, 01:22:31 AM
Wouldn't we have to retune our cars to account for the higher octane?

Running 110 octane in a car that runs fine on 91 is like a regular guy buying MAGNUM condoms. You'll never need or use what you are paying for.
I do like the smell of leaded fuel when I've ran it. Personally, I'm more impressed with high performance engines that are set up well enough to run on traditional pump gas.

taxspeaker

I agree with Red70-the 110 Octane is usually as useful as a Magnum condom. Bt then again both come in handy when you just want to get on it.