News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Error/Banned because of hosting or colocation issues...?

Started by 68ChargerJMP, June 03, 2014, 07:06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68ChargerJMP

I was using my wife's Kindle and got this message...What does this mean?

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

68ChargerJMP

Troy

That message comes up when the IP address belongs to a datacenter. On rare occasions a business may have a "managed" internet connection (usually including corporate email, firewall, spam filtering, etc.) and their outbound connection will appear as the colocation facility who provides the service and not their own business. At times, members here will get blocked at work due to this. Otherwise, servers shouldn't be trying to connect to this site so I have nearly all of them blocked. If you were at home and your other devices were connected through the same outbound connection then all of them should have shown you as banned. In this case it's solely based on your location and not your user account. You should be able to fix it (once it has a different IP address) by clearing all cookies from this site in the browser.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

68ChargerJMP

I will try that...but I did grab the laptop when this happened and was able to sign right on with no issues. Sooo, I am not sure what happened. Thanks.