News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

can we get a "introduction" section

Started by Stegs, June 24, 2014, 12:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegs

im a new guy here, so take my advice with a grain of salt

im on a lot of forums and they all have a introduction section where new people can tell about themselves, and their car...family/pets/hobbies etc

It would be a good spot for new guys to post pics of their cars too

just a suggestion, this is about the only forum im on with no section just for new guys/girls

maybe it don't make sense here, but when I joined I looked all over for one....

Troy

Generally, you should just put a new thread in Off Topic - or in General Discussion if you also want to share your car(s). We have some individual threads that have been active in the past but none are "stickied".

A little secret... a lot of times those new member sections are for security/anti spam more than getting to know someone. New members will be locked out from posting in all sections but that one so they have to make at least one post in there before being able to post anywhere else. This foils a lot of the automated Spam bots.

To be honest, we're steadily growing but not at a high rate. Nothing worse than putting up a section for new members and not having anyone post! Maybe I could make a generic "Introduce Yourself" section and have existing members fill out a Bio (or whatever you'd call it)?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Stegs

Quote from: Troy on June 24, 2014, 01:32:01 PM
Generally, you should just put a new thread in Off Topic - or in General Discussion if you also want to share your car(s). We have some individual threads that have been active in the past but none are "stickied".

A little secret... a lot of times those new member sections are for security/anti spam more than getting to know someone. New members will be locked out from posting in all sections but that one so they have to make at least one post in there before being able to post anywhere else. This foils a lot of the automated Spam bots.

To be honest, we're steadily growing but not at a high rate. Nothing worse than putting up a section for new members and not having anyone post! Maybe I could make a generic "Introduce Yourself" section and have existing members fill out a Bio (or whatever you'd call it)?

Troy

yea something...it doesn't have to be a big deal...but just a place where people can post details on themselves and their car/hobbies/job whatever they want.

Its just a suggestion, maybe it will work, maybe not....I thought I would just throw it out there