News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ROUTE 66 4497.1 miles We're Home

Started by gymratt30, July 18, 2014, 04:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gymratt30

last ..too slow of connection this morning.
"2 superbirds sittin side by side"

billssuperbird

nvrbdn

i have pictures of my family driving through that tree when i was a kid. moms 65 chrysler newport was still new, so 65-66 era. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Grm2159

There are two cars but they only had one restored by graveyard carz.

Redmanf1

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Grm2159 on July 23, 2014, 06:28:34 PM
There are two cars but they only had one restored by graveyard carz.

I would have waited and picked them up at the same time. :Twocents:

nvrbdn

the orange one was restored starting in 2008. http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,85867.225.html   page 8 starts the restoration. :2thumbs:  now the second one has been completed.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Aero426

Quote from: ACUDANUT on July 24, 2014, 01:18:33 PM
I would have waited and picked them up at the same time. :Twocents:

Aside from the other car already being finished several years ago, these cars still take a lot of money to restore.    Hard to financially swing two cars being worked on at one time.

Bob T

Trip of a lifetime, keep up with the photos.
Have a great run home
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

mopar4don

Can't wait to see them finish your car on GYC.
Good luck to you on your road trip!

djcarguy

CAN YOU SPOT----- THE SUPERBIRD-----WHAT STATE IS IT IN NOW????

REWARD AN PRIZES FOR SPOTTING AN POSTTING THE RARE WHITE S-BIRD ON ITS MIGRATION EAST,HA HA.

FUN AN SAFE TRAVELS... WHERE YA AT???????       LATTER DJ  :popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs:

69_500

Following this thread, and on Facebook. Looks like you two are having a blast. I have not ever driven my 500 cross country, but have logged a few miles in it. Gotta say there are a lot of people who will break their necks trying to get a look at your Bird.

Ghoste

Cross country in a fresh Superbird, almost seems like a movie plot.  :cheers:

41husk

No word for a while.  I hope all is well, and you are having a blast.  Despite being 96 outside I think I am going to get the black car out for a spin today.  You have inspired me! :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

gymratt30

quick update..were moving and taking pics...no problems to speak of ..13.1 mpg 1800 miles logged.
look me up on Facebook to see all the pics.

Mike Hill

gymratt30

.....pics from yesterday

hemi68charger

Thanks for entertaining us... The images are great Mike...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Ghoste

I just finally noticed the trailer hitch.  :2thumbs:

held1823

Quote from: Ghoste on July 27, 2014, 12:43:05 PM
I just finally noticed the trailer hitch.  :2thumbs:

i think that's the graveyard cars logo on a second plate. there's a better view in a photo on the previous page
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Ghoste

Ah yes, okay.  I was also going by the 2nd last photo where that GC logo plate drops down and the passenger exhaust tip seems like its coming out of it.  Between the two pics I thought it was a hitch.

gymratt30

DAY 7 of our Cross Country Trip. We visited Metor Crater in the morning, and hit the road for our goal of 500-600 miles . (made 585miles...to the Town of Tocumcari) The Famous Blue Swan motel was booked solid, so we took a few pics of the famous Neon Motel, and ended up staying at the new renovated Roadrunner Motel.
Today we make TEXAS and beyond

gymratt30

more from yesterday...................................

Ghoste

You pretty much had to stay at the Roadrunner anyway, any pics of the Superbird at that one?

gymratt30

last from yesterday......look me up on Facebook, (mike hill) lots more pics there

gymratt30

Quote from: Ghoste on July 28, 2014, 08:58:13 AM
You pretty much had to stay at the Roadrunner anyway, any pics of the Superbird at that one?

yep, Ghoste, worked out for the best.