News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

brake problem

Started by tucknroll, August 08, 2014, 07:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tucknroll

my 69 brakes have always been fine until today when it felt and sounded like the hose to the booster came off. i checked and it was connected but there was a small leak . i fixed the leak but it still feels the same and i hear a lot of air from somewhere around the brake pedal. could something be leaking where it goes through the firewall ?

b5blue

Yup also the main diaphragm could have a leak.  :eek2:

tucknroll

is that the black rubber piece against the firewall on the inside?

tucknroll

also, would i fix it by taking the booster off or by taking the brake pedal stuff off?

Mopar Nut

Quote from: tucknroll on August 08, 2014, 09:31:10 PM
also, would i fix it by taking the booster off or by taking the brake pedal stuff off?
Both and removing the booster if bad from the car. You'll need to take the brake linkage and booster mounting nuts off from the inside the car.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

b5blue

Quote from: tucknroll on August 08, 2014, 09:31:10 PM
This topic has pics of how to remove stuff: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,70877.0.html

tucknroll

thanks. this forum has never let me down!

tucknroll

one more question, there is no leak from under the hood section and it is definitely got plenty of vacuum but inside when i push the brake pedal, i hear a loud hissing of air so shouldn't the booster definitely be bad?

b5blue

I'd give Wayne a call. http://www.theramman.com/
(In my link you can see I gave up on boosters.)

tucknroll

got the new booster from yearone on and everything is good!

Mopar Nut

Quote from: tucknroll on August 13, 2014, 10:10:12 AM
got the new booster from yearone on and everything is good!
Do you have YearOne's part number that you used?
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."