News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got me a new rotisserie!

Started by green69rt, August 15, 2014, 02:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SovereignZuul

Welp... I'm convinced.  You guys convinced me.  When the time comes I think I'll bite the bullet and buy a rotisserie.  Only problems is, I don't have a garage. :lol:  3/4" plywood on grass and a car tent work?
1970 Dodge Charger - 1969 Dodge Dart - 2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4 - 1997 Dodge Neon (Sold for Charger Parts)

six-tee-nine

You'll love it once you start to use it.

I made my own rotisserie. Wich is not nearly as nice as the one shown here but it does the trick.
I based mine on the drawing from : http://www.69hemi.com/
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

green69rt

I was working on the bottom of the car yesterday and found a bunch of rust around and under the E brake cable bracket.  No matter what I did I couldn't get the rust out so I built a little dam out of plumbers putty and poured phosphoric acid into the dam.   Bubble and foam....when I got no more foam a rinse and it looked good but who knows what really lurks between the parts??  Without the twirler, this would have been impossible.

64dartgt

Nah...you could have just bought some Naval Jelly.

green69rt

Quote from: 64dartgt on October 22, 2014, 10:03:43 PM
Nah...you could have just bought some Naval Jelly.

Well, that's another way.

warpspeed

Quote from: green69rt on September 11, 2014, 01:09:58 PM
Quote from: 74charger07ram on September 11, 2014, 11:26:38 AM
Where did you get the plans to build your rotisserie? I thought about building one but don't know where to start.

I had several choices on how to get mine, ended up buying just because it was the lazy way.   There are several plans on the internet and a DIY kit on several of the vendor sites (gears, wheels, jacks, etc along with plans.)  I had considered going to the local high school welding shop and asking them to build it ( they like that sort of thing as project for students. )
Just as a note to anyone interested in a good rotisserie, we supply a quality unit for less than $1000 plus shipping.  Ours has all the bells and whistles to make it work as good as the more expensive ones.  And it comes powder coated from the factory!  Just saying.  In fact a steel fabricator customer of mine recently stated he couldn't build a unit for the price we sell it for. PM me for details.

kpkube

Hi,
  Do you know what the full length of the Rotisserie is with the charger mounted to it?

green69rt

Quote from: kpkube on January 01, 2015, 12:28:07 PM
Hi,
  Do you know what the full length of the Rotisserie is with the charger mounted to it?

19' 8"

kpkube

68ChargerJMP

Agree.....gotta love the rotisserie!

PlainfieldCharger

68ChargerJMP

Yessir!.....built it for about $300-400 a couple three years ago. Still works like a champ. I really didn't want to invest $1500 or more on one since I will not be doing another resto of this caliber ever....EVER!

plasticman-32

Quote from: green69rt on August 15, 2014, 02:59:32 PM
Got a new toy last week and have been spending my time setting it up.   I tried to find a used rotisserie but didn't get any bites so ended up buying one from Dereck Weaver  (Dallas, TX.)

Came in a huge box, weighed 580 lbs.  Only way to get it into the garage was to have the freight Co. load it into the back of my pickup and then unbox while it was still in the bed.

Seems like a nice setup to a newbe like me.    Came with parts that other people offer as option.  Included where a set of casters,  2 hydraulic cylinders to lift the car and a set of adapters for attaching to the car.   It also included a gear operated rotating unit that was not included in the description.  What it didn't include was a set of useful instructions on how to put it together.

Pic #1 shows it as it arrived.

After getting it put together I had to figure out how to mount the car.  Front was pretty easy, just drilled tow sets of holes in the front adapter arms, buy some 3" x 1/2" bolts and bolt it up to the front bumper mounting bracket holes.  Pic #2.

The rear was a little harder.  I ended up modifing the adapters that came with the unit.  Pic #3 shows what happened.  On the left is the part I adapted as it came originally.  I cut it to a narrow piece (right) so that it would fit against the bumper mounting holes on the back of the charger.   Then got a piece of 3/16" stock from Lowe's (center) and drilled holes to match the bumper mounting holes.  Welded the stock to the adapter and done!

Pic #4 shows the car up and tilted!!  Much easier to get to the bottom now and even to get into the trunk!

Green this is perfect  :popcrn: