News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

To add RH mirror or keep original

Started by workworkwork, August 15, 2014, 04:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sublime/Sixpack

Quote from: John_Kunkel on August 16, 2014, 04:08:35 PM

I would debate the "useless" idea. I like to find a lone car in a parking lot and adjust my car's position so that the parked car is in the most blind spot (using a quick glance to the right rear as a reference) and adjust the mirror to that spot. Definitely not as good as modern panoramic mirrors but better than nothing.

As far as originality, just don't show your build sheet to anyone.  :icon_smile_big:

I agree. :2thumbs:
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

RJS

Quote from: Sublime/Sixpack on August 20, 2014, 10:46:53 PM
Quote from: John_Kunkel on August 16, 2014, 04:08:35 PM

I would debate the "useless" idea. I like to find a lone car in a parking lot and adjust my car's position so that the parked car is in the most blind spot (using a quick glance to the right rear as a reference) and adjust the mirror to that spot. Definitely not as good as modern panoramic mirrors but better than nothing.

As far as originality, just don't show your build sheet to anyone.  :icon_smile_big:

I agree. :2thumbs:

The safety factor alone trumps Originality for me.  Would you rather do body work or tell whoever it's not on the sheet?
Ron

six-tee-nine

When your car is an all original true unrestored survivor I'd say leave it alone.

otherwise I dont see the problem when you car gets restored to add several options to your personal liking.
For me personally as long as it was kinda factory available it's OK
I will for instance add a RH mirror, a 6 way seat adjuster and rocker moldings to my 69 just because i want to or like some particular item.
I can simply do that because its my car.....
On the other hand I would never put a 6pack scoop on top of a Charger hood.
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

71charger_fan

I put a pair of Cordoba mirrors on mine. Most people can't tell the difference in style and they mount more security to the doors.

Shakey

I added a RH mirror so that I can back into the garage without having to call my wife, children or a neighbour to guide me in without hitting the wall/garbage cans etc.   :eek2:

familymopar

The owner before me, who restored my car, added enough non-original options that I am comfortable with adding the RH mirror.  And I have been putting it off but I think I am going to do it.  The safety factor being the main reason but I also like the symmetry.  It's hard to drill those holes though!

1968 Charger R/T 440 727
1971 Duster Pro-Street
2009 Challenger SRT8 6 Speed
2009 Jeep Cherokee SRT8

SovereignZuul

How something looks > How something works

Everyone knows style is more important than function...  :coolgleamA:
1970 Dodge Charger - 1969 Dodge Dart - 2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4 - 1997 Dodge Neon (Sold for Charger Parts)

EccentricMagpies

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on August 15, 2014, 07:09:22 PM
Unless you're building a rare numbers matching car, then I'd put one on.   The C-pillar on these cars is about 3 miles wide.

I agree.
'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

workworkwork

This turned out to be a good thread for me. Overwhelmingly, the majority seems to agree to add the mirror. Great feedback.