News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WANNA-BEE

Started by 01-RT-SE, March 18, 2006, 06:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

01-RT-SE

Well I did a little work this week to the Coronet. Got it all one color and cleaned it up some. Car is definantly a WANNA-BEE contender. Body is pretty solid, floor pans and trunk have small holes but are all there. Neighbors are not that pleased.
69 FEELS FINE

01-RT-SE

Inside
69 FEELS FINE

01-RT-SE

Looks pretty neat from behind.
69 FEELS FINE

01-RT-SE

Motor is locked up from sitting too long. Story is that the engine was rebuilt and started three times and never ran again.
69 FEELS FINE

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

TruckDriver

I'd LOVE to have a '68 like yours! I like those as much as Chargers. It's a shame about the engine. And tell the neighbours to get a life. Tell them you could deal in drugs instead of cars. And ask them which they would prefer. Tell them you decieded to have your kid get into cars yourself  ;)

A little tip; I have one of my friends dad do this once to free up a locked engine that was also rebuilt and then sat. Take the heads off, then spray the crap out of the cylinders with WD40. and let them sit a week or so, then take a big breaker bar, and connect to the crank, and try to rock the pully/crank back and forth. Over a weels time of doing that on a old Willys Jeep, He got the engine freed up and running again. And it didn't burn oil after that either. Worth a shot.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Lowprofile

Nice car bro!  I love those 68-69 Coronets! Good luck!   :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

rt green

love that car!!! i think your niehbors and mine should get together and have yuppie fest 2006. you've got your kid on the right track. their kids probbobly wear their pants to big, hat on backwards, and listen to that awfull rap crap!  their just jelious! keep doing what your doing, and keep putting "new house" real estate news papers in their mail boxes. worked for me once.    bruce 
third string oil changer

bull

That brute looks pretty nice. Except for the dash pad the front interior looks pretty nice too.

mopar_madman

great car, What are your plans? color?
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

dkn1997

To free up that motor, try marvel mystery oil in all of the plug holes, let it set for a few days, try to break it loose w/breaker bar on crank.

If that won't work, you can yank a head, use a block of wood on top of a pison and tap with a lump hammer.  I freed up a 4cyl mazda motor like that, worked great.

the body on that car looks real solid. 
RECHRGED

hemihead

Keep the car, get rid of the neighbors.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Charger_Fan

Quote from: hemihead on March 19, 2006, 11:12:29 AM
Keep the car, get rid of the neighbors.
:iagree: :smilielol:

Great looking car. :thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

BigBlockSam

car looks great. i like that body type

QuoteTake the heads off, then spray the crap out of the cylinders with WD40. and let them sit a week or so, then take a big breaker bar, and connect to the crank, and try to rock the pully/crank back and forth.   
:iagree:

you can also get a friend with a piece of wood and a small mallet to tap on the top of the pistens while your working the crank. i use rust buster on the cylinders. i spray them every day for about 5 days before i try to loosen the motor. good luck.
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Silver R/T

nice project you got there, dont mind neighbors. What are your plans for it
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

tan top

Quote from: BigBlockSam on March 19, 2006, 04:01:50 PM
car looks great. i like that body type

QuoteTake the heads off, then spray the crap out of the cylinders with WD40. and let them sit a week or so, then take a big breaker bar, and connect to the crank, and try to rock the pully/crank back and forth.
:iagree:

you can also get a friend with a piece of wood and a small mallet to tap on the top of the pistens while your working the crank. i use rust buster on the cylinders. i spray them every day for about 5 days before i try to loosen the motor. good luck.
   :iagree:   looks good ,  :thumbs:   i do same with the WD40  and fill the cylinders with  AUTO TRANS fluid ,  and let it sit , it has worked for me ,
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Iceyone

Looks like a good start to a nice car. I'd to find a Coronet in that good of shape.
68 Charger
70 Super Bee
11 SRT8 Challenger
30 Chevy Universal

69 OUR/TEA

Hello 01-RT-SE,Nice project,I thought you'd like to see your twin.1968 coronet 440 ,EE1 blue,two tone light blue-dark blue interior,318,auto,23K ORIGINAL MILES !!!!!! Here is the story about this car.....In 1998 when looking for a 69 R/T charger a friend (who does not know alot about mopars)tells me he found me a charger right in my own town 2 miles away.When I get there ,it was not a charger but a 68 coronet 440.The first thing I thought was wow! it looks all original.The owner comes out and starts telling me about the car and that it has only 22k miles.At first I did'nt believe it,but upon inspection,the underside,engine bay,even under the dash was beautiful.Still wearing original paint,and having only six dings on the whole car.He even had the original tires and rims which were removed from car in 94 when it had only 13k miles.He bought it from guy that owns a speed shop,which I know as well.So the phone call was made to him to verify car,and it was legit!!His employees neighbor was the original owners daughter,who has had this car in her garge from 1970 to 1994.Needless to say I could not pass it up and brought it home.One of the interesting things about this car is that I still retain the orig title because it was never handed in,and right on the title shows purchase date of Nov 1967,and owners date of birth 1-29-1895!!!!!As I do body and paint,I thought this car,even though only a 318,deserved a full detailed show quality resto,and would be fun to take to the mopar shows.I removed drivetrain and suspenion,stripped body to bare steel,painted engine bay,door jambs,trunk and then the body in the correct color,sanded and buffed.The engine got new gaskets and was detailed,NOT rebuilt.Tranny was also regasketed and detailed,also NOT rebuilt.Carb,water pump,alt,starter,radiator,etc, still all original.Original bumpers and chrome letters  were rechromed.Interior got a new carpet,and front seat was redone(because of one split).Rest of interior is still factory.The friend who owns the speed shop puts on a show every year and called me to see if I could bring it there because the orig owners daughter and husband were coming in hopes to see the car.After finally seeing it a talking with me,they were glad it ended up the way it did.Now right from her I got the whole story.Her father bought it new at a local dodge dealer Nov 1967,she took away his keys in 1970(13k miles)put it in her garage,and only did around the block warm up drives every few months!!Smart thing to do!!!! This is how it currently has 23k miles.Anyway,thought you would like see your cars twin.I am currently doing my 69 R/t charger now,and will be getting some pics in the paint and body section soon.Here are some pics of the coronet.

69 OUR/TEA

Some more pics

Nupe

For the motor I tried the same thing on my old motor, but wouldn't budge.  My friend told me to try the starter a couple times and it did the trick.  And that motor was locked up big time.  :icon_smile_dead:

Hey 69, nice car.  A little too nice!  :yesnod:  Cool story on the car and I love the color combo.

'79 Lil'Red Express.