News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Reward for my VIN, fender tag, and title

Started by typars, September 02, 2014, 03:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indygenerallee

This thread is worthless without PICS!!!!  :-\
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

1974dodgecharger

but computer saavy enough to get internet at your home, buy a computer, know how to turn on it, type in DC.com, register, and start posting madly about your hemi charger.... :2thumbs:

familymopar

I don't know what is going on here and don't know Typars from Adam.  I end to take people at their word until given good reason not to.

It does seem like a while to figure it out, but that depends on how motivated he is, who knows.  I will say it took me a while to figure out how to resize a pic to get it on here.  And now that I know how my method is kind of a pain to do it.

1968 Charger R/T 440 727
1971 Duster Pro-Street
2009 Challenger SRT8 6 Speed
2009 Jeep Cherokee SRT8

Indygenerallee

StoneCold

http://www.resizeyourimage.com/

Never had to use one of these sites before.  Took 3 minutes to figure it out and test.  Just sayin'   :laugh:

TUFCAT

Quote from: familymopar on September 14, 2014, 09:10:38 PM

The question is..... who gets the reunited package.  

I think that's the Ten Million dollar question!   :think:

Moparpoolman

I'm starting to believe that there are more holes in Typars story than in the radiator support of "wildfire".  The facts so far are the car with tags was on ebay in Dec. 2003 with a reserve not met and then the car and tags with title was back on ebay from the same seller in June 2004.  The next 10 years are still in question.  Typars????got any answers?

Dreamcar

Its been 12 days since the first post. If I was going to ask the DC.com community to help find the documentation to a VERY RARE HIGH DOLLAR car, I would have had the detailed story and pictures ready to go from the beginning.  :Twocents:
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

AKcharger

Quote from: Patronus on September 14, 2014, 05:39:24 PM
It was there. It was a black '68 like the Bullet car with an older 65-66 belvedere drag car next to it on a flatbed...
Something fishy going on... :drunk:

Guys Guys...It was me, confusion is all my fault. I thought Typars had left and just (as usual) just started posting pictures to keep the thread alive/have fun. Once I saw Typars was back and the thread was still relevant I pulled picture and edited my comments to avoid confusion...too late.

Was just a random Google search for a '68 black charger...funny thing is I can't find it now??

TUFCAT

No problem AK, ....it just adds to the mystery!  :cheers:

familymopar

Quote from: AKcharger on September 14, 2014, 09:52:04 PM
Quote from: Patronus on September 14, 2014, 05:39:24 PM
It was there. It was a black '68 like the Bullet car with an older 65-66 belvedere drag car next to it on a flatbed...
Something fishy going on... :drunk:

Guys Guys...It was me, confusion is all my fault. I thought Typars had left and just (as usual) just started posting pictures to keep the thread alive/have fun. Once I saw Typars was back and the thread was still relevant I pulled picture and edited my comments to avoid confusion...too late.

Was just a random Google search for a '68 black charger...funny thing is I can't find it now??

Well then at least one mystery has officially been solved by this thread!

1968 Charger R/T 440 727
1971 Duster Pro-Street
2009 Jeep Cherokee SRT8

Indygenerallee

IDK I get a bad vibe from the whole thing. Bad JuJu

familymopar

Quote from: Dreamcar on September 14, 2014, 09:50:44 PM
Its been 12 days since the first post. If I was going to ask the DC.com community to help find the documentation to a VERY RARE HIGH DOLLAR car, I would have had the detailed story and pictures ready to go from the beginning.  :Twocents:

I have been and am still trying to give Typars every benefit of the doubt.  But you're right.  Pictures aside (for the moment) it is strange that he does not want to tell us anything about the transaction or anything else.  There are some real simple questions here: when did you get it, where did you get it, etc.

Quote from: 6bblgt on September 13, 2014, 08:01:29 PM
Pictures of the cut up racecar & the question "How can I figure out what this car WAS based on the body numbers?" was asked on Moparts by a "friend" of the current owner a few months ago (core support & trunk rail numbers intact).

This is interesting.  It was just a few months ago?  I am pretty sure that Typars knew he had a 1968 Hemi Charger. I guess the friend could have been looking for more than that.

1968 Charger R/T 440 727
1971 Duster Pro-Street
2009 Jeep Cherokee SRT8

BluesCuda

OK...time to clear the air a little bit and to hopefully help Typars post a picture.  Here's a pic of the car from last month.  I am the 'friend' that posted pictures on Moparts for Typars a month or 2 ago.  At that time, Typars had no idea documentation existed.  6bblgt provided some pics of the documentation that he had on file in a response to the Moparts thread I posted.  Again...no idea documentation existed up until 6bblgt spoke up just recently.   There is no conspiracy here.  Take off your tin-foil hats.  Typars is a guy that works his ass off for a living, has several project cars, and finally got the Charger out of the shed after more than a few years of sitting.  He does not live on the computer & has many other interests in life.  I will also attest to his lack of computer abilities.   :yesnod:  His career involves a skilled trade, not being a keyboard commando like most of us.

Yes, this is my first post on DodgeCharger.com.  I am the one that suggested that he look into this forum since it is strictly Dodge Chargers.  I have been on Moparts since 2003, so search your heart out on there for my posts if you want to question my background or whatever some of you people do to pass your time.  :popcrn:  Additionally, I never had a reason to come onto this forum in the past, for I do not own a Charger.    :cheers:

(Post was edited to correct the popcorn and cheers gifs... :2thumbs:)

Scott

TUFCAT

Quote from: Indygenerallee on September 14, 2014, 09:55:07 PM
IDK I get a bad vibe from the whole thing. Bad JuJu

Some Good JuJu just appeared. ^^^

familymopar

Quote from: BluesCuda on September 14, 2014, 10:01:14 PM
OK...time to clear the air a little bit and to hopefully help Typars post a picture.  Here's a pic of the car from last month.  I am the 'friend' that posted pictures on Moparts for Typars a month or 2 ago.  At that time, Typars had no idea documentation existed.  6bblgt provided some pics of the documentation that he had on file in a response to the Moparts thread I posted.  Again...no idea documentation existed up until 6bblgt spoke up just recently.   There is no conspiracy here.  Take off your tin-foil hats.  Typars is a guy that works his ass off for a living, has several project cars, and finally got the Charger out of the shed after more than a few years of sitting.  He does not live on the computer & has many other interests in life.  I will also attest to his lack of computer abilities.   yesnod  His career involves a skilled trade, not being a keyboard commando like most of us.

Yes, this is my first post on DodgeCharger.com.  I am the one that suggested that he look into this forum since it is strictly Dodge Chargers.  I have been on Moparts since 2003, so search your heart out on there for my posts if you want to question my background or whatever some of you people do to pass your time.  popcrn  Additionally, I never had a reason to come onto this forum in the past, for I do not own a Charger.   cheers

Scott

Is that the car now?  Looks like about the same condition as the photos posted earlier in this thread.  That is still a heck of a lot of car.

EDIT: I just saw you said the photo was one month ago.

1968 Charger R/T 440 727
1971 Duster Pro-Street
2009 Jeep Cherokee SRT8

AKcharger

Thanks Blues...

And Tylar we are here to help...we all LOVE chargers but understand there are kooks out there. On multiple occasions People have "found" all kinds of cars and people here are happy  to help and offer all kinds of help and advice only to find the entire story was a farce. Some people just like to be trolls

Indygenerallee

I like it, looks bad ass. If it is redone it needs to be done exactly back like this!!! paint scheme and all!!  :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:

familymopar

Quote from: Indygenerallee on September 14, 2014, 10:14:46 PM
I like it, looks bad ass. If it is redone it needs to be done exactly back like this!!! paint scheme and all!!  :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:

That's what Typars said he was gonna do!  And I agree!

1968 Charger R/T 440 727
1971 Duster Pro-Street
2009 Jeep Cherokee SRT8

TUFCAT

a perfect candidate for the MCACN barn find exhibit  :coolgleamA:  

tan top

OK...time to clear the air a little bit and to hopefully help Typars post a picture.  Here's a pic of the car from last month.  I am the 'friend' that posted pictures on Moparts for Typars a month or 2 ago.  At that time, Typars had no idea documentation existed.  6bblgt provided some pics of the documentation that he had on file in a response to the Moparts thread I posted.  Again...no idea documentation existed up until 6bblgt spoke up just recently.   There is no conspiracy here.  Take off your tin-foil hats.  Typars is a guy that works his ass off for a living, has several project cars, and finally got the Charger out of the shed after more than a few years of sitting.  He does not live on the computer & has many other interests in life.  I will also attest to his lack of computer abilities.   :yesnod:  His career involves a skilled trade, not being a keyboard commando like most of us.

Yes, this is my first post on DodgeCharger.com.  I am the one that suggested that he look into this forum since it is strictly Dodge Chargers.  I have been on Moparts since 2003, so search your heart out on there for my posts if you want to question my background or whatever some of you people do to pass your time.  :popcrn:  Additionally, I never had a reason to come onto this forum in the past, for I do not own a Charger.    :cheers:

(Post was edited to correct the popcorn and cheers gifs... :2thumbs:)

Scott

hello & welcome  Scott ( BC )  :cheers:   , thanks for posting the picture &  info   :cheers: :2thumbs:

Quote from: familymopar on September 14, 2014, 10:04:20 PM
OK...time to clear the air a little bit and to hopefully help Typars post a picture.  Here's a pic of the car from last month.  I am the 'friend' that posted pictures on Moparts for Typars a month or 2 ago.  At that time, Typars had no idea documentation existed.  6bblgt provided some pics of the documentation that he had on file in a response to the Moparts thread I posted.  Again...no idea documentation existed up until 6bblgt spoke up just recently.   There is no conspiracy here.  Take off your tin-foil hats.  Typars is a guy that works his ass off for a living, has several project cars, and finally got the Charger out of the shed after more than a few years of sitting.  He does not live on the computer & has many other interests in life.  I will also attest to his lack of computer abilities.   yesnod  His career involves a skilled trade, not being a keyboard commando like most of us.

Yes, this is my first post on DodgeCharger.com.  I am the one that suggested that he look into this forum since it is strictly Dodge Chargers.  I have been on Moparts since 2003, so search your heart out on there for my posts if you want to question my background or whatever some of you people do to pass your time.  popcrn  Additionally, I never had a reason to come onto this forum in the past, for I do not own a Charger.   cheers

Scott

Is that the car now?  Looks like about the same condition as the photos posted earlier in this thread.  That is still a heck of a lot of car.

EDIT: I just saw you said the photo was one month ago.

:yesnod:    still the real J code charger  IMO  , tags or not  :yesnod:  
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Ghoste

Dreamcar

Typars/Scott:  is there any indication as to where the tags may have gone (state/country)? This may help narrow the search.

p.s. thanks for finally adding some details and pics. I really like the vintage racer look on that one
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

Moparpoolman

Blues cuda, this is a quote from you from another thread about the car  

"I know the current owner does not have the documentation, for he is a good friend of mine. He wanted a period-correct drag car purely to have fun with, but has too many other projects in front of it at the moment. He picked the car up from a mutual friend. That friend pulled it from behind a repair shop south of St. Louis, MO probably around 8 years ago if I had to guess. I can say with confidence that friend would not have withheld that documentation. (A very respected and well-known Mopar family in the St. Louis metro area.)

The car appears to have been campaigned out of the Hendersonville, NC area judging by the washed out lettering. How it ended up south of St. Louis, MO is a mystery at this point. "

"Pulled it" does not sound like "bought it" or "purchased it", any comments on that :shruggy:

J.Bond

Pulled it......

Very bad, choice of words.

They almost had me with the pic, however, first thing comes to mind, that car was not that far gone, and for sure, should have gone back together....
Now that I hear...., pulled it, were the tags pulled from the car to keep them and the car safe from thieves, while parked outside, and if the car went missing from behind that shop in early 2004, may the original owner at the time may have thought someone stole the car for scrap money?