News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone knows how much a complete interior cost for a '68-69?

Started by cavemanno1, September 03, 2014, 05:23:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavemanno1

Hi guys!

Does anyone know the whole cost of a complete interior?Is everything available or there are some bits that not reproduced?
Just trying to figure out what the whole restoration would cost!

Thanks

Ghoste

Including recovering the seats?  New foam or existing?  Doing all the labour yourself?

Back N Black

1968 69 70 Dodge Charger Carpet 68 1969 Daytona 1970.
 $126.95

PG Classic 7507-100 Mopar 1969 Dodge Charger Front & Rear Door Panels Black (Fits: 1968 Charger)
$306.00

PG Classic 1810-68RG Mopar Dodge 68-69 Charger Upper Rear Door Panels Pad (Fits: 1968 Charger)
$ 319.00

PG Classic 1810-69FG Mopar Dodge 1969 Charger Upper Front Door Panels Pad  (Fits: 1968 Charger)
$335.00

68 Charger RT Front & Rear Seat Upholstery Covers W/ Center Armrest Cover Black (Fits: 1968 Charger)
$635.00

68 69 CUDA DART ROADRUNNER GTX CHARGER FRONT AND REAR SEAT FOAM BUN (Fits: 1969 Charger  
$263.00

1968 1969 1970 DODGE CHARGER BLACK HEADLINER USA MADE TOP QUALITY
$69.99

MOPAR A B E Body Dome Light Lens
$ 16.00

MOPAR 1968-70 Dodge Charger Package Tray Jute 68 69 70.
$29.75

68 CHARGER PACKAGE TRAY W/O SPEAKER CUT OUTS.
$ 56.00

Mopar Front/ Rear Armrest Bases Black Pads Set 66-70 B-Body.
$209.00

Mopar B and C body Arm Rest Bases REAR NEW.
$ 50.00

Mopar 66 up B and C body Long Arm Rest Bases NEW PAIR.
$50.00

PG Classic 1850-69BUK-100 Mopar 1968-69 B-Body Seat Belt Set Bucket Seat Black (Fits: 1969 Dodge Charger)
$455.00

1968 1969 1970 68 69 70 Dodge Charger Scuff Sill Plate - Pair / 2 PCS CHMG6870-1 (Fits: 1969 Dodge Charger)
$96.99.

TOTAL  $ 3016.69

Does not include dash restoration.  :2thumbs:

green69rt

Quote from: Back N Black on September 03, 2014, 08:03:06 AM
  $126.95

PG Classic 7507-100 Mopar 1969 Dodge Charger Front & Rear Door Panels Black (Fits: 1968 Charger)
$306.00

PG Classic 1810-68RG Mopar Dodge 68-69 Charger Upper Rear Door Panels Pad (Fits: 1968 Charger)
$ 319.00

PG Classic 1810-69FG Mopar Dodge 1969 Charger Upper Front Door Panels Pad  (Fits: 1968 Charger)
$335.00

68 Charger RT Front & Rear Seat Upholstery Covers W/ Center Armrest Cover Black (Fits: 1968 Charger)
$635.00

68 69 CUDA DART ROADRUNNER GTX CHARGER FRONT AND REAR SEAT FOAM BUN (Fits: 1969 Charger 
$263.00

$69.99

TOTAL  $ 2054.94

Does not include dash restoration.  :2thumbs:

I would add the package tray cover, door arm rests, and maybe misc small metal trim pieces (another  $500??)  Also small misc items like correct screws, coat hooks.

Also what about seat belts ( a new reproduction set can cost $1000.)

Back N Black

Quote from: green69rt on September 03, 2014, 08:12:50 AM
Quote from: Back N Black on September 03, 2014, 08:03:06 AM
  $126.95

$306.00

$ 319.00

PG Classic 1810-69FG Mopar Dodge 1969 Charger Upper Front Door Panels Pad  (Fits: 1968 Charger)
$335.00

$635.00

$263.00

$69.99

TOTAL  $ 2054.94

Does not include dash restoration.  :2thumbs:

I would add the package tray cover, door arm rests, and maybe misc small metal trim pieces (another  $500??)  Also small misc items like correct screws, coat hooks.

Also what about seat belts ( a new reproduction set can cost $1000.)

Fixed it!  :2thumbs:

BananaDan

I didn't do a final tally when I did my interior, but I spent close to $7K.  I did all Legendary items which run more than PG Classics.  I also had my cluster redone, new dash plastics and wood grains, new woodgrain steering wheel and all new wire harnesses.  I did the labor myself except for covering the seats and restoring the instrument cluster.  It's not cheap, but not a difficult job to do yourself either.
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Troy

If you buy the upper door pads from PD Classics/BE&A they come with medallions. If you buy Legendary they don't.

To do it all you'll also need door handles, window cranks, interior trim screw set (you never have all of them and half will be rusted if you do), headliner insulation, trunk divider, sunvisors, dome light lens (and maybe even the whole light assembly), door lock knobs, rear window trim, seat hinge covers, seat backs (at least the vinyl), A pillar trim, pedal pads and trim (if SE), door jamb windlace, kick panels, and the entire center console (if needed).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

cavemanno1

Thanks guys!It is way more than i thought it would be!
Just wanted to know so i can add up all the cost for a restoration in the future!

Thanks again!

Peter

BananaDan

Quote from: Troy on September 03, 2014, 03:36:37 PM
If you buy the upper door pads from PD Classics/BE&A they come with medallions. If you buy Legendary they don't.

To do it all you'll also need door handles, window cranks, interior trim screw set (you never have all of them and half will be rusted if you do), headliner insulation, trunk divider, sunvisors, dome light lens (and maybe even the whole light assembly), door lock knobs, rear window trim, seat hinge covers, seat backs (at least the vinyl), A pillar trim, pedal pads and trim (if SE), door jamb windlace, kick panels, and the entire center console (if needed).

Troy

I got the medallions from PG Classics and mounted them onto my upper door pads from Legendary.  PGC doesn't do charcoal interior, but Legendary does.   :Twocents:
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

bigdsul

Tagged for later. I might have found a car that has some interior work needing to be done. :icon_smile_big:

six-tee-nine

Since you are on the same side of the atlantic as I am, you need to consider import taxes and vat.
I get billed 21% on everything part that I buy in the US. That is for Goods and shipping costs.
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Dino

Quote from: six-tee-nine on September 05, 2014, 02:25:42 PM
Since you are on the same side of the atlantic as I am, you need to consider import taxes and vat.
I get billed 21% on everything part that I buy in the US. That is for Goods and shipping costs.

That used to tick me off so bad that we had to pay taxes on the shipping cost.  Every time I hear people whine about how much taxes we pay in the US, I kindly remind them of how things work in Belgium.  It usually shuts them up.   :lol:

I used to get together with a few people that also needed parts so we could rent a small container and marked everything as used parts.   :D
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

cavemanno1

My plan is to buy everything i need for the car and ship the parts with her!Therefore wouldn't have to pay tax and shipping fees!

Shipping sucks big time!My fuel pump cost me three times over by the time it got here and it was a small item only.
Asked for a quote for a gastank and they said they would retire from what they would have to charger me for it!So just got it on the plane with us while we were in the States!It was my better half idea,sure i married a smart one!

krigel

Is the PG Classics stuff good quality? I have a set of their seat belts, and they showed up with some surface rust on the mounting tabs. Nothing major, and the rest of them are really nice with great chrome. I'm just concerned about getting seat covers, foam, door panels, and dash parts that don't fit right.

I talked to Peter (the P in PG) on the phone, and he says he sells some of his stuff to Year One and Classic Industries. Anyone else hear that?

Ghoste

He didn't say what stuff did he?  I thought YO used Legendary for most stuff, don't know about Classic.  PG have a wide variety of repro parts so he may have been talking about almost anything.

krigel

No, he didn't say. I'm interested in anyone who has used PG for interior stuff. I'm in Canada, and so is PG Classics. The shipping is way more reasonable, and there aren't brokerage fees to get things over the border. That makes it really attractive for me, but I'd rather pay a little more for quality if their stuff doesn't have a good review.

Dino

From the little I've seen, they are pretty decent.  The material may be a bit thinner than Legendary's which in itself may be thinner than stock material.  I'm getting PG covers myself probably.  I don't mind paying more for quality either but I don't call buttons popping off left and right quality.  Eventually I'll end up with a custom interior so the PG covers will do fine for a few years.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

68pplcharger

Troy

Not true Legendary sells with and with out medallions. I just bought the upper door pads from Legendary, and purchased the set that included the medallions. They are beautiful... FYI

Troy

Quote from: 68pplcharger on September 10, 2014, 11:53:41 AM

Troy

Not true Legendary sells with and with out medallions. I just bought the upper door pads from Legendary, and purchased the set that included the medallions. They are beautiful... FYI
That's a new development then because BE&A makes the badges and Legendary refused to buy from them because they had competing pads.

Troy

krigel

Are the BE&A pads any good? They are made by PG classics.

Troy

Quote from: krigel on September 12, 2014, 03:19:57 PM
Are the BE&A pads any good? They are made by PG classics.
Same manufacturer, 2 brand names. (There use to be a third.)

When I had a chance to compare BE&A and Legendary pads at the same show I thought the BE&A ones looked more correct. The Legendary pads looked too puffy and the character line looked a bit goofy to me. Both have incorrect vinyl - but that's because the original stuff is nonexistent.

Troy

68pplcharger

Quote from: Troy on September 12, 2014, 03:10:00 PM
Quote from: 68pplcharger on September 10, 2014, 11:53:41 AM

Troy

That's a new development then because BE&A makes the badges and Legendary refused to buy from them because they had competing pads.

Troy

They must have lost a lot of business, I'm curious now to know the difference in price.... :brickwall:

Nickrc3

I also need to purchase a complete interior kit (seat covers, foams, door panels, carpeting, headliner, etc.) for my 68'. Does either Legendary or PG Classics offer any discounts as we approach the Holidays, or at any of their scheduled car shows?
Thanks.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Nickrc3 on September 16, 2014, 07:14:20 PM
I also need to purchase a complete interior kit (seat covers, foams, door panels, carpeting, headliner, etc.) for my 68'. Does either Legendary or PG Classics offer any discounts as we approach the Holidays, or at any of their scheduled car shows?
Thanks.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

68pplcharger

Quote from: Nickrc3 on September 16, 2014, 07:14:20 PM
Thanks.
I got a nice discount because I bought everything from Legendary at once.