News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Factory radio repair

Started by 66FBCharger, September 04, 2014, 06:27:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

66FBCharger

I suspect my factory AM FM radio needs repair. Who repairs these radios? Who would you recommend I have repair the radio?
I am looking for a repair, not a resto or upgrading to modern internals.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

ODZKing

66FBCharger

Thanks ODZKing.
Has anyone used any of the companies ODZKing listed?
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

gtx6970

I used Turnswitch , twice actualy and have no conplaints

www.turnswitch.com

ODZKing

A friend used SM,(Turnswitch) and was happy. I thought they only did conversions though which is why I didn't list them. But good work if they do repairs I'm told.  :2thumbs:

Dino

If you don't need any upgrades then a regular electronics shop could fix it as well.  If you can still find any.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Brock Lee

They really are not all that hard to service. If you look on eBay there are people selling "Sam's Photofacts" service manuals for these radios. Often they will tear out each model and sell it to get more money. Anyway, the AM/FM thumbwheel is covered in issue AR58 January 1969. What goes bad in the little can looking capacitors. Change as many as you can (they are cheap and the book clearly lists every component), then follow up with a tune up.

Redmanf1

I have used Turnswitch on several radios and some with 8-track and they are great to work with.

moparnation74

I used retro radio.  Factory looks and digital guts with a mobile device hookup.  Great service and no complaints.

Ghoste

There's a guy in Ontario, Canada too who does good work but the name escapes me at the moment.  I'll find it though. (for the Great White North folks)

Dodge Don

I used Wards....top notch experience  :2thumbs:

Shakey

I also used Greg at Turnswitch.  Very pleased with the sound and quality of the radio.  He also supplied me with speakers and included a jack to plug in an mp3 / iPhone.   :cheers: