News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Might be selling the Dart....

Started by TheGhost, August 08, 2005, 03:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGhost

Because I found this car.

1967 Barracuda Notchback.

Saw this car, and, decided to ask the owner if she was for sale.  He answered with "Make me an offer".  I want to know what a decent offer would be.  She's a 273 auto car, driver.  The original rims would come with it.  Some rust in the usual places, like the lower 1/4s, but, no worse than my Dart.  2nd gen Barracudas are one of my favorite cars, so, I'd really love to buy her.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Chris G.

:shruggy: Have no idea, but I'll take a guess of 3K-6K? Parts can't be easy for those cars. It's much better than a 4 dr. though.  :Twocents:

Lowprofile

:drool5: Thats a Sweet ride ,bro! One of my favorite Mopars! I have no idea what its worth, but it looks to be in great shape! Good Luck. :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Old Moparz

Other than the initial purchase being higher than the Dart, you'd be much better off putting the money into it, (Rather than the Dart.) for several reasons.

A)   You like it better.
B)   Will hold it's value better.
C)   The V8 will be more fun.

It looks decent in the photos, so maybe it won't cost much in the way of body work. If it's ready to roll, it might be worth somewhere between $3500 to $4500? Tough to say without actually crawling through it & driving it though. Keep in mind a lot of the exterior trim is tough to find & not reproduced. If the front fenders have any rust, they're harder to find than Charger fenders. The areas prone to rust are the headlight locations, the rear lowers. & the tops of the inner edge where it bolts to the inner fenders.

I never liked making an offer to someone for a car that wasn't for sale, it's tough to say whether you're insulting them ot offering 10 times what they expect.   :shruggy:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

41husk

I would agree with the 3K-6k, but I would rather have her let me know what she wants out of it.  If she says between 3 and 6 you can negotiate if she says 10k you can leave your contact info and offer 5k.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Old Moparz

Bob                

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

TheGhost

Quote from: Old Moparz on August 09, 2005, 01:31:20 PM
Spotted this recent sale:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6409&item=4557028088

And, that's for a 318 fastback, with buckets, and a console auto.  This car is a 273 notchback, bench, with column auto.  I think I'll offer him 2500.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

moparguy01

unfortunately having a car like that insures winter driving on salt filled roads, causing massive rust on mopars, since we all know salted roads + mopars = nothing left of lower quarter panels. :icon_smile_big:

I wouldnt want something like that as a year round daily driver. not trying to turn you off from it, but someone has to point out the downsides. id try to find a 200 dollar beater for winter and store the cuda.

thats just my take after driving old mopars during the winter and seeing the carnage in the spring.

TheGhost

Quote from: moparguy01 on August 09, 2005, 04:07:09 PM
unfortunately having a car like that insures winter driving on salt filled roads, causing massive rust on mopars, since we all know salted roads + mopars = nothing left of lower quarter panels. :icon_smile_big:

I wouldnt want something like that as a year round daily driver. not trying to turn you off from it, but someone has to point out the downsides. id try to find a 200 dollar beater for winter and store the cuda.

thats just my take after driving old mopars during the winter and seeing the carnage in the spring.

That's the plan right now.  I'm thinking some old Honda, or something, good gas milage, and it wouldn't matter much if it rusts out.

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

MoparYoungGun

I would offer the guy $3k and see what he says. I wouldn't pay more than $4500 for it though. Good luck Ghost, hope it all works out for you :cheers: !

89MOPAR

Gotta post as this happened last week.
Saw a house for sale and got a flyer, in the house picture I can see the rear bumper of a Barracuda {?!}
So I look around the house but it is fenced, and I can't see more than the back 1 ft of a notchback barracuda.
Go there the next day and Old guy[ maybe 75 yrs ?]  is walking out. Ask if Cuda is for sale ,as he has other things with a for sale sign on them [ old boat trailer]
There are also about 5 other cars and trucks, all looking like junkers, in the yard, he mentions he needs to get rid of two of the other cars....

Guy says "how much will you give for it"
I say " what is it exactly ?"
Him   " 67 notchback barracuda, 318 , bench seat, bad interior, runs"
Me " Well I can only see the back 1 foot of the car from here...!"
Him    " how much are you offering ?"
Me " Does it run, and when did it last drive around"
Him     " It runs, but hasn't been on the street for 5 or so years"
Me " Well, I don't know , maybe $1000, depends on what I can't see"
Him    " Not enough, It's an old car. My son has 5 old Vettes, old cars are worth a lot"
Me "How much is enough ?'
Him   " 35 "
Me  " 3500 dollars ? "
Him " No, $ 35,000 "
Me, stifling a laugh " Old cars may be worth a lot, but no '67 318 barracuda is worth $35,000 "

Talked with dude about his sons + deceased wife for a few minutes, nice guy but warned me he's an ex-cop and will shoot anyone in his yard. Then later says," I'll talk to my son he owns [ some small business] an RV place in town, I'll see if he wants to sell"
  Me, " Ok, maybe I'll stop back by, but not for that kind of asking price "
        ::) :icon_smile_dead:

77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

TheGhost

Quote from: 89MOPAR on August 10, 2005, 04:07:14 AM
Him    " Not enough, It's an old car. My son has 5 old Vettes, old cars are worth a lot"

That alone proves the guy is an idiot.  By his logic, I guess my 4 door Dart is a 15,000 car.

TheGhost

Okay, the guy want's 4k for her, which was only $500 more than my initial offer.  He said he would hold it for me, for 4 months, while I get the money.  Since I'm making $1500 a month, that shouldn't be a problem.  So, barring some unforseen problems, I will have this car. ;D

Brock Samson

Good luck with that Everret! Hope ya get it!  ;)

Silver R/T

maybe like 2K...depending on its shape, never was fan of that style
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

martinihenry

I really like the notchbacks. When I was looking for my Charger a few years ago, I turned down a very nice, original notchback that was going for $2600. Kind of wish I had the $ to have bought both cars.
1969 Dodge Charger 318 (2 doors only, thank you very much)
1972 Dodge W-200 4X4 "PowerWagon"
...Only Dodge in my garage!

MoparYoungGun

$4,000 doesn't sound that out of line. I hope it all works out for you Ghost!

Chris G.

You are moving up the Mopar ladder quickly. First the Neon (good for gas), then the Dart (not too shabby) and now this. Vey impressive. I guess a Hemi RR is next in line ;).

This could be your car in a few years... :drool5:

TheGhost

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on August 23, 2005, 11:17:04 AM
You are moving up the Mopar ladder quickly. First the Neon (good for gas), then the Dart (not too shabby) and now this. Vey impressive. I guess a Hemi RR is next in line ;).

Actually, that's pretty close to what I told some of my friends a couple days ago. :lol:  I think next would be a 360 powered car, then on to a 383, then finally the HEMI. ;D

TheGhost

WOOOOOO!  THE LOAN WAS APPROVED!!!!!  I just got to wait a couple weeks, and then, it will be mine!  YES!!!!!

cudaken

Goof for you Ghost, glad it is going to work out. I did a 67 last year and learned something. The 67 Barracuda was the lightest A-body made. Funny they are still bring so little but in your case that was a good thing.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Old Moparz

Quote from: Ghost on August 24, 2005, 06:32:36 PM
WOOOOOO!   THE LOAN WAS APPROVED!!!!!   I just got to wait a couple weeks, and then, it will be mine!   YES!!!!!

Congrats to you.  :thumbs:  You should try to hang on to the Dart for the winter if you can.
               Bob                

cudaken

You sure have more to start with then what we did. Did a top due to the fact it needed it, roof was to far gone to be fixed. No one like this car for a long time. Ran 12.01 when it came to the shop.

Cuda Ken
I am back