News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

General lee exhaust

Started by keith88, September 19, 2014, 07:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knightprowl

Oh okay. Well in that case I will change my list back because I am making it based on what LEE 1 was back 1978 and not after the rebuild. More then likely that means I will be changing a lot more then just that in my list once Jim gets back to me because I have a feeling they added some stuff to make LEE 1 more modern and that isn't what I am after. So I will for sure update that list once he lets me know. But thanks none the less for the information guys.

Thank you and Peace.

Dreamcar

It probably had stock or cheap stock replacements during filming. Classic Industries has a stock system with turndowns which would probably be close to what it had, but the FM50s are not so aggressive that they are probably very close.
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

knightprowl

Yeah but I am after accuracy and what LEE 1 was like back then and not now. So it matters to me greatly if I am to produce an accurate LEE 1 information list for everyone to go by. Because I don't want anyone getting any misinformation and adding the wrong parts to there LEE 1 replica. Myself included. So I aim to make my list as accurate as humanly possible and once I do I will post the final list.

My ultimate definitive LEE 1 information list if you will for everyone to read and use at there discretion. But until then my list as it is will have to do. But once my list is final and I know everything there is to know about LEE 1 then I will make a topic here for everyone that is as big a LEE 1 buff as I am and would like to make an accurate LEE 1 replica as it was on the show and not as it was restored.

Because accuracy matters to me and to people who really care about it. So I cannot have misinformation in my final list. I could not live with myself if I added the wrong thing or forgot something. So to me its like a job getting all LEE 1 information right and that way nothing falls back onto me and then I can finally call it a day so to speak and move on. But until then I will keep on adding and fixing my list until it is as accurate as humanly possible. Then I will rest.

Thank you and Peace.

mopar2

FlowMaster is nothing like what the GL had. Including the sound on top of the fact they weren't made in that time frame. You really have 2 choices stock or glass-packs. Which glass-packs are a known GL muffler, especially once the cars were standardized some. Wither Lee 1 had stock or glass-packs the sound used during the show for Lee 1, is glass-pack.

Dreamcar

The scene when LEE1 pulls into the Boars Nest is probably it if you can actually hear it (i havent watched it in a while so i can't remember)
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

mopar2

When Lee 1 is jumping Rosco, you can hear in the background the popping of glass-packs  :2thumbs: Faint which would mean real, not daubed in. As in later jumps (same video) where its really clear, visible and loud glass-pack sound.

I love  :icon_smile_big: exhaust sounds and can identify lots of Brand and series differences LOL. Personally in 5,000 miles I've changed my Chargers 4 time and my truck I've lost count but my wife probably hasn't  :yesnod:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tOORni_6Uo

mopar2

:cheers:  Takes a lot of readding but you can see the differences in opinions and facts at this sight http://www.cglfc.com/wforum/ No B.S. before starting mine, I read up and goggled every day 1-6 hours for almost two years  :brickwall: This was one of the best one stop places to read up on GL's. The majority of information is there. You will have to just dig through to separate  :pity: There is a guy I believe his name is Bubba as well (no, not Watson) That arguably as a more authentic Lee 1, than the car tittled Lee 1  :yesnod:

mopar2

www.dodgecharger.com

DodgeCharger.com Forum
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :yesnod: :yesnod: Hands Down, this IS The Best sight, to get any help or advice with your Charger  :Twocents: :Twocents: :Twocents:  :yesnod: :yesnod: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
The previous is for GL facts, not that they couldn't help you and a lot of people are on both. It's Just MHO  :Twocents: in what the two specialize in.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: And how I've been helped  :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

Ghoste

Aren't there jump scenes where you can stop frame it and see whats under the car?

mopar2

Yes, that's where you can clearly see glass-packs  :yesnod:. But knightprowler wants Lee 1 and the video is very dark  :shruggy: Maybe on the DVD you could see better and is a good idea  :2thumbs:

Side note I like SS style dumps at the rear corners. Where I'm not anywhere nears any certain car, I found in one episode where they were backing out of an alleyway that had this style  :yesnod: In the first season.

Ghoste

What about LEE1 when it was repainted and used in a different episode, wouldn't it still have the same exhaust?  Or maybe the photos when they dragged it out of the bush?  I don't know.  :shruggy:

mopar2

:popcrn: Watching the first episode and the one it shows back up in closely on DVD to pause it.  :2thumbs: Looking up the guy I mentioned earlier will have a lot of this covered  :2thumbs:

knightprowl

Gary Williams Jr. AKA Bubba Williams. That is the guy you are referring to in regards to the LEE 1 replica. Also thank you for mentioning the fact that LEE 1 has glass packs or did and where not edited it. Perhaps you can listen to LEE 1 and tell me what brand and series of glass pack it is. So that I can add the correct glass pack to my list. If you can do that then that's great. If not then never mind. Just let me know and post your results in a comment.

Thank you and Peace.

moparnation74

Quote from: mopar2 on September 21, 2014, 07:59:24 AM
:cheers:  Takes a lot of readding but you can see the differences in opinions and facts at this sight http://www.cglfc.com/wforum/ No B.S. before starting mine, I read up and goggled every day 1-6 hours for almost two years  :brickwall: This was one of the best one stop places to read up on GL's. The majority of information is there. You will have to just dig through to separate  :pity: There is a guy I believe his name is Bubba as well (no, not Watson) That arguably as a more authentic Lee 1, than the car tittled Lee 1  :yesnod:
:iagree:

No problem Knightprowl, thanks for removing that.

On a side note, there is nothing wrong with striving for perfection.

knightprowl

I apologize for that. I didn't mean for it to sound the way you took it. So the comments about his car are removed. I wont mention anything about his car or anyone's car ever again.

Thank you and Peace.

mopar2

knightprowl

Your welcome. And he was talking about me. Sorry for the confusion. Anyways if you can do what I said and get an idea of what glass pack LEE 1 has then please do so as it will help me out with my list. Also if you can could you see if you could find out if LEE 3 used any glass packs or any information related to LEE 3 would be great as well. I am going to make a list about it as well and need as much information on LEE 3 as possible.

Thank you and Peace.

mopar2