News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

...Strange electrical problem

Started by greasyspider, September 21, 2014, 08:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greasyspider

Now that I have my dash wiring figured out and my gauges work properly, a new problem has presented itself.  When I run the car, for an undertermined period of time, I notice that a strain will occur.  It is evident in the gauge reading, the headlights and dash lights dim and the idle speed lowers slightly, as well as a 'plink' noise.  After the noise the strain goes away and all is normal.  The sound is very much like a flasher sound, but seems to be coming from the headlight or windshield wiper switch area.  I can't seem to pinpoint it.  Any ideas?
'71 Plum Crazy  R/T

c00nhunterjoe

My 1st guesses would be to check the ammeter, then the firewall connection.

70 sublime

Does your car have electric head light doors ?
If so try unpluging the door motor
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

b5blue

Both switches have internal overload breakers inside them.  :scratchchin:

greasyspider

No hideaway headlights.  I checked my switches again, and my wipers have a dead position.  The wipers have all speeds when I power them thru the pigtail, but only one when powered thru the switch...
'71 Plum Crazy  R/T

fy469rtse

Bad switch or resistor to that that switch ? 2 nd gen charger , resistor is on the 3 speed switches , some on the motor itself , check bulk head connections for signs of a bad contact, clean up , die electric grease and reinstall