News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GYC Daytona - current pics 1/4 mile VIDEO added

Started by r4daytona, September 23, 2014, 05:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r4daytona

A few people over the summer and here have asked for some recent pics.  So I took some in my driveway.  Two are in response to the haters from other posts and some from the Rex post.

Pic 1 was from inside my garage - it shows some of the reflection of outside
Pic 2 shows the same side and how that r4 looks different in the sunlight
Pic 3 pass. door - hard to see but the latch has been plated.  I used a q-tip and drain cleaner to remove the plating from the star wheel and round bushing.
Pic 4 just another drivers side shot

r4daytona

pic 1  one side of the trunk.  Still looking for the correct bolts for the wing supports.  Dave Patik told me they typically were a bolt with no markings on the head.  If anyone has the correct bolts, please let me know.  I plan to get to the markings pretty soon.  Thats one of the things I like doing.
pic 2  Pass side - notice, as has been stated, the shitty, bubbling, peeling paint - not only in this pic but all the others :insertsarcasm:
pic 3  correct glob of sealer in corner
pic 4  I found this and two other correct Voltage Reg. covers.  I sent this to Dave Patik to restore and stamp. I used the original gasket since it was crushed more so I could get the old cover to fit over the new Elec. Votl Reg.

Mytur Binsdirti

I know that we are supposed to see something in the reflection. And it's.......................

Your man boobs.   :smilielol:

r4daytona

pic 1 even though it's stained, I like my original washer bottle
pic 2 just the nose
pic 3 overspray in headlight buckets
pic 4 my horrific closing trunk - it's kind of growing on me - I might just leave it - after all, it is similar, not exact but similar, to the uneven closing of Malcholms red survivor.

I'm surprised people didn't point out over the summer the dents and dings in my chin spoiler.  I left them on purpose because it's an original spoiler and I liked the look - kind of like my washer bottle.

r4daytona

Actually, my man boobs aren't that bad!! :lol:  That pic made them look worse.  I can take my shirt off and take a pic to prove it if you want! :smilielol:

Mytur Binsdirti

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

tan top

what BBS  , said   :yesnod:

awesome Daytona  !!    :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

r4daytona

Can't believe that haters haven't commented on the hidden message yet.

charger Downunder

Love your Daytona. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

My trunk sat up on one side on my 70 Charger. To fix it i opened it up hand on either side and and pushed one side up, as pulling the other side down. (you could say twisting it) Don,t know how the trunk is set up on a Daytona but it fixed my charger.
[/quote]

Grm2159

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: r4daytona on September 23, 2014, 07:05:41 PM
Can't believe that haters haven't commented on the hidden message yet.

You mean that there is something else besides the man-buppies?  ;)

Charger-Bodie

So , your fishing for haters now?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

CornDogsCharger

The car looks great Tom!!!  Nice shiny paint!  Nice reflection too.  Haters gonna hate :D

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

moparnation74

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on September 23, 2014, 08:26:26 PM
So , your fishing for haters now?
I agree, why even bother?

The more car shows you attend the more idiots you will run into, it is a given.  I have been going to hangouts and car shows for over 30yrs and people never cease to amaze me.  On a plus side you will run into some very nice helpful folks in your journeys.

Try not to bring yourself to their level, for example the reflection of those signs on your garage wall.  In the end it is not worth the time you wasted displaying that.

I do understand your frustrations and how these "haters" can get under your skin but in the end, you have a Daytona sitting in your garage and they do not.  Through time you will learn how to confront and to ignore these car-less people.  I had the same learning curve many many moons ago. 

TUFCAT

I just can't believe the haters out there.   :shruggy:

I like the car - I even told him so!!  :yesnod:   Its a beautiful Daytona, and I'd be proud to own it.  :2thumbs: ...By the way Tom, are those jammie pants your wearing?  :D :smilielol:

billssuperbird

I have the same problem with haters on my superbird clone.  :shruggy:

nascarxx29

The R4 daytona looks to be in great shape .If you choose to add factory correct details hardware etc all the better.You might want to review hemi genos details on his daytona build.And study reference original cars

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48725.0.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?topic=34131.0
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

r4daytona

Quote from: TUFCAT on September 23, 2014, 10:52:46 PM
I just can't believe the haters out there.   :shruggy:

I like the car - I even told him so!!  :yesnod:   Its a beautiful Daytona, and I'd be proud to own it.  :2thumbs: ...By the way Tom, are those jammie pants your wearing?  :D :smilielol:
Yes, you were one of the guys here that had enough class to say the car came out better than you expected.  You're not it that hater group in my opinion.  Acudanut (sorry, I apologize for not remembering the name) was the other.  I know there are still things I want to do and things that could be changed, but it was nice to hear from knowledgeable guys like yourself and Acudanut that you thought the car came out nicer than you expected.  I had Tony D look over my car to tell me things I can do to improve it even more.  ie: finding a tan Dist. Cap.  Not a big deal- I'll get to it over the winter maybe, but some guys just jump all over that crap.  There's a big difference - and not just with my car - between asking a question about something and making a suggestion VS taking secret pictures at a car show, posting them on Rex's FB page and bashing the car without even talking to me.  I responded with answers and no bashing.  At least that guy was decent and PM me a private message and deleted the post.   As I've said before some people hate my car just because they dislike Mark.

Charger-Bodie, moparnation74 and Justin - you're right, haters are gonna hate.  After months and months of haters bullship I'm sick and tired of it.  Anybody would be.  

I think I should at least get a smiley face for the reflection creativity ??    

And yes, those were jammie pants.  No zippers or buttons when leaning over the car - at least it covers up my thong! :smilielol:

For all the people that laughed the 229 HP dyno challenge, here's my answer.           https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc02azMOZgY            Lets see who has the class to say .. you're right, dyno was screwed up, sorry  --- guarantee no one will.  That's ok, I had fun.  The first run is my friend John that built my motor and tranny.

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

TUFCAT

Quote from: r4daytona on September 24, 2014, 08:39:56 AM

I think I should at least get a smiley face for the reflection creativity ??    

How about two! :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

and yes.... mid-13's is cooking for a stock build.  :yesnod: 

moparnation74

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on September 24, 2014, 08:45:54 AM
Its an awesome car Tom! They did a great job.
I second that notion
[/quote]
As I've said before some people hate my car just because they dislike Mark.
[/quote]
I agree completely, with that statement.  Just a bunch of jealouos troglodyte's.

nascarxx29

:Twocents: A wingcar is a intimidating car to have come up behind you or see coming up the road. .Theres always somebody faster with more $$ mods .I sooner focus on having have a exceptionally correct car /heavily documented.But commend you for shaking it down on the drags.I remember my first daytona 70 clone I traded a real project superbird for to get Ted Janaks personal driver built daytona clone.It was a 318 W AC with glass packs no mufflers.And nobody would call my bluff you want to race
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Beep Beep Dave

Nice to see you enjoying your Daytona. Personally I don't watch GYC but I did make a point of it to see your car on one episode where you got to drive it for the first time. Pretty cool. I guess like it or not your car is a TV car now and it seems everyone has an opinion. I guess you have to just roll with it. As it is just an opinion. Easy advice to give, not so easy to follow.
It still is a really good feel good story how you were able to buy and now get your Daytona on the road. Those are impressive runs.

I thought your car looked great at Carlisle and you were a gentleman to talk to. My friend Scott watches the show and was talking to you about it for a few minutes.

Anyway I just thought I'd write something as you seem to be getting overly frustrated.

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T