News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A-Pillar Wind Deflector Screws

Started by 69bfan, October 06, 2014, 08:08:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bfan

Can someone provide me with the correct dimensions of the Phillips head screw that is used for the wind deflectors on the 70 Super Birds?  Heading to Hershey and it should be a pretty common size from what I recall.  I should be able to pick up some Restoration Specialties.  Thanks for any and all input.
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

FJ5WING

I see there were no suggestions to your issue but I thought Id pass along some support.

Im looking for this too, I have three screws I feel are original and one misfit. When I get back to the garage I'll see if I can help.
wingless now, but still around.

62 Max

Quote from: FJ5WING on October 10, 2014, 06:57:37 AM
I see there were no suggestions to your issue but I thought Id pass along some support.

Im looking for this too, I have three screws I feel are original and one misfit. When I get back to the garage I'll see if I can help.

I guess I'll have to start taking my car apart !! :icon_smile_big:

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69bfan on October 06, 2014, 08:08:17 AM
Can someone provide me with the correct dimensions of the Phillips head screw that is used for the wind deflectors on the 70 Super Birds?  Heading to Hershey and it should be a pretty common size from what I recall.  I should be able to pick up some Restoration Specialties.  Thanks for any and all input.

Sorry, can't help you... us Daytona owners don't have those deflectors with holes....... cuts down on the aero-effect.........  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

62 Max

Quote from: hemi68charger on October 10, 2014, 08:10:32 AM
Quote from: 69bfan on October 06, 2014, 08:08:17 AM

Sorry, can't help you... us Daytona owners don't have those deflectors with holes....... cuts down on the aero-effect.........  :icon_smile_big:

Dreamer !! ::)

62 Max

Quote from: FJ5WING on October 10, 2014, 06:57:37 AM

Dave, chrome 3/8" oval head x 3/4" long self tapping .

FJ5WING

wingless now, but still around.

gtx6970

pretty sure they are a #10 x 3/4" chrome pan head counter sunk head

69bfan

Thanks for the input on the question.  I have got replies back and it seems that the length has varied from 0.75 to 1.25 inches.  Things may have been changed over the years, but just trying to make this restoration as correct as possible.  The length does not really impact the situation as long as it pulls down tight.  Just wanting to make sure that size of the head fills the deflector correctly and the Phillips head slots are close to being accurate.
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

62 Max

Quote from: 69bfan on October 13, 2014, 10:13:47 AM
Thanks for the input on the question.  I have got replies back and it seems that the length has varied from 0.75 to 1.25 inches.  Things may have been changed over the years, but just trying to make this restoration as correct as possible.  The length does not really impact the situation as long as it pulls down tight.  Just wanting to make sure that size of the head fills the deflector correctly and the Phillips head slots are close to being accurate.

I think a 1 1/4 " screw would be a little excessive in the A Pillar. :scratchchin: