News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Roof emblem grommets. Pics/source?

Started by bull, March 21, 2006, 02:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I never laid eyes on the grommets that hold the roof/sail panel emblems in place. A previous owner threw mine out and squished some bondo in the holes. Does anyone have pictures of them and a source for buying new ones? Or do you have to get them used?

DFS68_Charger

Year One cariies them. They are plastic push on type retainers. I bought mine from YO and took them to my body man so they could install my NOS emblems when the headliner was installed. They didn't use the retainers, so I have no idea how they installed my emblems. ???

DFS

8WHEELER

I have allways just used the self threading nuts that hold the Charger emblem on.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

bull

Quote from: 8WHEELER on March 21, 2006, 09:53:40 PM
I have allways just used the self threading nuts that hold the Charger emblem on.

Dan

Are those the speed nut or palnut things like they used on the dash pads?

8WHEELER

It is more of a speed nut, its more coarse than the ones on the back of the dash pads. Although
They could be used as well, I don't see why not, the threads would just be a bit closer together.
Just make sure the ID of the nut is not to small for the stud on the emblem, I have gone through
that before. If the nut ID is to small it can cut grooves to deep and possibly brake the stud. But if
you are carefull and notice its not to tight you will be fine  ;D

Dan

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: DFS68_Charger on March 21, 2006, 08:11:31 PM
Year One cariies them. They are plastic push on type retainers. I bought mine from YO and took them to my body man so they could install my NOS emblems when the headliner was installed. They didn't use the retainers, so I have no idea how they installed my emblems. ???

DFS

Funny thing....neither did I!!

The vinyl top holds mine in place.  Too much of a PITA to try and push those things on from the trunk
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

4402tuff4u

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on March 22, 2006, 03:24:26 AM
Quote from: DFS68_Charger on March 21, 2006, 08:11:31 PM

DFS

Funny thing....neither did I!!

The vinyl top holds mine in place.  Too much of a PITA to try and push those things on from the trunk

Huh??
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Just 6T9 CHGR

When you dont have the headliner out, thats how you have to gain access to the posts of the emblem to push the retainers on....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

JimShine

I will post pics when I can. The nuts on my 1968 emblems are very similar to the nuts that hold the reflectors on a 1969. They are dome shaped and made of the same tyle of steel as the ones that hold the dahs pads, but are much taller.

Dennis K

Here's a pic of the ones that were on my roof emblems. They look identical in size to the ones that attach the grille emblem, but they are packed with black butyl-type stuff. They are self-threading, and all the 68s that I have owned had the same type nuts holding the roof emblems on. A 5/16" socket fits on them.

8WHEELER

Good picture, yep the grille Charger emblem on a 68, has the same diameter stud as the sail panel.
So the nut size will be the same, but the grille emblem does not need any type of seal.

Dan