News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Your opinion on the worst mistakes when buying a Project Charger

Started by DLea, October 19, 2014, 10:11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Lee

I did it right. I decided to skip the cars that were not roadworthy. Issues were okay. But I waited for a car to come along within my budget that could be driven. Square away the mechanical issues and deal with the body issues later after you enjoy it a bit. I have bought non-roadworthy Chargers and they need so much from the get go that after the honeymoon phase wears off and you are still looking at tens of thousands of dollars in parts and work, or years before you can drive it a mile, it drains you.

Mefirst

When I decided to start look for and buy an old American car, the 1st and most important rule I gave myself was -I will NOT buy a car that needs body work...
I have since then changed out the whole drive train and rebuilt almost everything mechanical/electrical. Sadly, after 12 years, the body is starting to show signs of some issues, so I still may have to learn to weld and do bodywork :eek2:

/Tom

Nacho-RT74

best body and most complete trim parts makes the deal... rest is "piece of cake"
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

JoeAmato

Bodywork is the most costly area of restoration, without question. Stay away from rusted hulks commonly found on ebay for several grand. The cost to properly repair rotted panels and floors is ridiculous. Mopars are notorious for rusting around the firewall/torsion bar/trunk areas. Throw down the extra cash and buy a rust free project, trust me!  :cheers: