News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

414635 4 sale

Started by 65post, October 29, 2014, 07:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

65post

Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

A383Wing

I like it...price seems fair to me, unless I'm missing something....also noticed no front ribs on underside of hood...did some have them and some not? I had to take mine out when fitting mine together

Bryan

65post

Anyone buying that car do your homework.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 65post on October 30, 2014, 12:06:04 PM
:iagree:

My first question would be: "How much of that body left the assembly line with that VIN attached to it"?

5hunert

Sounds like there may be a good story here?

Aero426

Quote from: A383Wing on October 29, 2014, 10:00:57 PM
I like it...price seems fair to me, unless I'm missing something....also noticed no front ribs on underside of hood...did some have them and some not? I had to take mine out when fitting mine together

Bryan

Daytona hoods do not have the extra stiffening ribs. 

A383Wing

Quote from: Aero426 on October 30, 2014, 01:49:04 PM
Quote from: A383Wing on October 29, 2014, 10:00:57 PM

Bryan

Daytona hoods do not have the extra stiffening ribs. 

well, that's what I thought, but some here have said that the ribs are still there on the underside of their hoods

Aero426

"Ribbed" is a sign that the hood has been replaced somewhere along the way.

odcics2

And there are other features unique to a real Daytona hood.   :2thumbs:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

69_Charger_RT

That explains why it's been for sale awhile  :cheers:

65post

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on October 30, 2014, 12:30:06 PM
Quote from: 65post on October 30, 2014, 12:06:04 PM
:iagree:

My first question would be: "How much of that body left the assembly line with that VIN attached to it"?
:yesnod:

Nwcharger

What's the story with 635? I got quite a few Daytona parts from 636 for my Daytona.
1969 coronet wagon

Davtona

Quote from: odcics2 on October 30, 2014, 04:36:17 PM

Could you elaborate on those other features as to what they are please?  :shruggy:  I would like to learn something here.  :2thumbs:

A383Wing

A383Wing

so what is the short story on this car for us that don't know what's going on here?

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: A383Wing on October 30, 2014, 09:44:42 PM
so what is the short story on this car for us that don't know what's going on here?

cough! cough!...rebody...cough! cough!

:whistling:

odcics2

Quote from: Davtona on October 30, 2014, 07:15:56 PM

Could you elaborate on those other features as to what they are please?  :shruggy:  I would like to learn something here.  :2thumbs:

Wish I could, but then the ones with 70 hoods could further massage them into looking like real Daytona hoods. Just like repop stuff not being exact...
You need to be able to tell them apart from original.  :Twocents:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Davtona

Quote from: odcics2 on October 31, 2014, 04:46:05 AM
And there are other features unique to a real Daytona hood.   :2thumbs:

Could you elaborate on those other features as to what they are please?  :shruggy:  I would like to learn something here.  :2thumbs:

Wish I could, but then the ones with 70 hoods could further massage them into looking like real Daytona hoods. Just like repop stuff not being exact...
You need to be able to tell them apart from original.  :Twocents:

So you are going to make me stand the two hoods up side by side and stare at them until I figure this out huh?  :lol:

Nwcharger

Quote from: Davtona on October 31, 2014, 05:11:22 AM
Quote from: odcics2 on October 31, 2014, 04:46:05 AM
And there are other features unique to a real Daytona hood.   :2thumbs:

Could you elaborate on those other features as to what they are please?  :shruggy:  I would like to learn something here.  :2thumbs:

You need to be able to tell them apart from original.  :Twocents:

So you are going to make me stand the two hoods up side by side and stare at them until I figure this out huh?  :lol:

Real Daytona hoods are hard to come by. I happen to have one in the parts I've been collecting for my Daytona. One of these days ill compair it to a 70 hood and see if I can find the difference.
1969 coronet wagon

Mytur Binsdirti

You might say that a 70 hood is ribbed for her pleasure. 

69_500

Dave, stand the two hoods up next to each other and then call me. I will tell you where to look and save some time.

A383Wing

so we are left hanging on this difference thing?

must be some super-duper top secret that you need the special decoder ring for, huh??

65post

If I remember correctly when I swapped my original hood out for a Ribbed one the #s stamped on the side of the hood lip were 000-000 for the Daytona one and the ribbed one had a different bunch of #s.

1974dodgecharger

declined for financing  :flame: