News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Now I went and did it

Started by Mytur Binsdirti, November 09, 2014, 10:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: bakerhillpins on November 27, 2014, 09:35:46 AM
Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on November 26, 2014, 07:01:36 AM
TPR that forst photo of the QQ1 was the car that I had in mind for my paint scheme but decided to go with Silver/Black...my car originally had white interior & stripes but it was GREEN  :eek2:

Actually that's a sweet combination if it has a black or white top.  Green interiors and tops are icky.  :eek2: :lol:

Scott's car is beautiful,
https://www.flickr.com/photos/1968_dodge_charger/

I love green !!!!! That is an awesome car !!!!! :drool5: None the less , who is Scott Crawford ? And , wow , do you think he loves his car ?

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on November 27, 2014, 05:45:14 PM
Got some more paint off this morning.  Hopefully, I'll have the majority of it off by the end of the weekend.

Good work Mark !!!! :2thumbs: Very clean looking car there !!!  EE1 , no vinyl top ,white interior ,dog dishes , MMMMMM !!!!

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on November 28, 2014, 08:52:30 AM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on November 27, 2014, 11:15:19 PM
You do know he works on his cars in the nude...

Don't you ?

Except for the turbin...

THAT stays on. ;)

For you to come up with that visual makes me start to question your sexual preferences.     :o

No question there.

I'm very secure in that area. ;)

I just have a twisted mind. :eek2:

bakerhillpins

Mark, you are certainly a motivated owner...  Looks like a great car underneath. Will you fill in the holes and paint it yourself?

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on November 28, 2014, 09:59:05 AM
Quote from: bakerhillpins on November 27, 2014, 09:35:46 AM
Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on November 26, 2014, 07:01:36 AM
TPR that forst photo of the QQ1 was the car that I had in mind for my paint scheme but decided to go with Silver/Black...my car originally had white interior & stripes but it was GREEN  :eek2:

Actually that's a sweet combination if it has a black or white top.  Green interiors and tops are icky.  :eek2: :lol:

Scott's car is beautiful,
https://www.flickr.com/photos/1968_dodge_charger/

I love green !!!!! That is an awesome car !!!!! :drool5: None the less , who is Scott Crawford ? And , wow , do you think he loves his car ?

Not sure, His car came up on here a few yrs back and it looked so good it just stuck with me. The pics have been touched up obviously but it's still a beautiful ride. One I would own if I could have a dozen.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: bakerhillpins on November 28, 2014, 02:27:56 PM
Mark, you are certainly a motivated owner...  Looks like a great car underneath. Will you fill in the holes and paint it yourself?

I know my abilities & bodywork isn't one of them. I have the body shopped already booked & as soon as I'm ready, he'll take it. This afternoon, I got the rest of the RH fender, half of the cowl, decklid & dutchman panel stripped. So far, I've got about 9 hours into D/A'ing & the car is just about half done. Looking to get the tail, LR quarter & if I feel ambitious, the hood done tomorrow & the rest on Sunday. After the paint is off, all I have left is to yank the drivetrain, gut the engine compartment, pull the dash & take out the rear window. Even if I slack off, I should still have it done by the end of next weekend.  :2thumbs:

69 OUR/TEA

You're cranking away Mark  !!!!! What it would be like to be young again !!!!

Mytur Binsdirti

Me young? I'm slow compared to my former younger self 30+ years ago.    :eek2:

TUFCAT

By comparison, my work seems to get done like a 90 year old man.  :brickwall:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on November 28, 2014, 07:20:29 PM

Got that 69 slated for a strip too?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on November 28, 2014, 07:37:36 PM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on November 28, 2014, 07:20:29 PM

Got that 69 slated for a strip too?

No way. The 69 is staying as is.    :2thumbs:

Mytur Binsdirti

The miserable work is done.

Charger-Bodie

No. The miserable work is about to start. You are just lucky enough not to have to do it.....
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

bill440rt

I see you left your dust mask hanging from the rear view mirror.  :lol:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Mytur Binsdirti

Here are some pictures of the car with all the paint off. As expected, there were 3 bad areas hiding some (not so hidden) damage with pretty shoddy repair work; top front of the right front fender, front of the left front fender & the left rear quarter, behind the driver's door. Can you believe that these areas were just mudded in with bondo? The left rear quarter will probably need a patch panel and I believe that the top of the right fender can be pulled out and straightened, but I'm not so sure of the left fender. I really don't want to have to buy one if I don't have to, but we'll have to weigh the cost to fix it versus the cost of a AMD fender. I just got done pulling the rear window & found some surface rust on the lower corners, but nothing came through.

In spite of these three bad spots, I am pleased with the condition of the body.

Mytur Binsdirti

Couple more.....

Charger-Bodie

I would make a piece for each of the fenders. Weld up the holes in the quarter and metel work it from there.

TUFCAT

WOW! The left front fender was scalloped with dough?..... Musta' been a whole quart! :eek:

moparnation74

Quote from: TUFCAT on November 30, 2014, 09:03:23 PM
WOW! The left front fender was scalloped with dough?..... Musta' been a whole quart! :eek:
No kidding!

The stripping turbin was on the loose, lol

bill440rt

Wow, sure is amazing what you'll find under paint!  :o
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Mytur Binsdirti

Picked clean!

Mytur Binsdirti

Here's the only rust I found on the body......

TUFCAT

On some cars that could have happened in the first five years... 

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: TUFCAT on December 07, 2014, 02:12:35 PM
On some cars that could have happened in the first five months... 

Fixed.

TUFCAT