News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Delusional Charger sellers

Started by Homerr, November 09, 2014, 02:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HPP

Quote from: VegasCharger on March 26, 2015, 02:51:28 AM
http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/4946403601.html

That may be about right if you had to buy new replacements parts instead of salvaging the metal that does remain.

Stevearino

Quote from: HPP on March 26, 2015, 11:33:24 AM
Quote from: VegasCharger on March 26, 2015, 02:51:28 AM
http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/4946403601.html

That may be about right if you had to buy new replacements parts instead of salvaging the metal that does remain.

I guess Nwcharger decided not to use this to help bring back the Daytona that was bulldozed into the gully.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,73724.300.html

6spd68

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on March 26, 2015, 07:53:28 AM
Quote from: 6spd68 on March 24, 2015, 09:40:13 AM
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/peterborough/charger-1970-charger-500-se-rare-only-38-000/1058997185?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

i saw that car in person before, its really clean, mostly cause its never driven, but theres a dent in the passenger side quarter panel.. or atleast there was, the last time i saw it  :scratchchin:

Is it worth the asking though?
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

kokxville

1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

Stevearino

Quote from: kokxville on May 30, 2015, 02:52:41 PM
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5025922770.html
Holy Cow.  :o Only $11,000.00 for that. Book my flight. I need to get out there before someone else scoops it up.

skip68

:o
Holy Shit.    Sorry for the S word but that deserves it.   Wow.   I was kinda looking at it as a parts car.   That thing needs EVERYTHING redone.   $3,500-$4,000 tops is more appropriate.   What a scumbag schmuck.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Jas29

Will 20k get u a charger with minimum rust?? I've been looking online and see a lot of cars like the one posted above.

Wondering if i can get a decent 2nd gen for that price

Sorry for the thread hijacking

Dino

Quote from: Jas29 on May 30, 2015, 07:32:12 PM
Will 20k get u a charger with minimum rust?? I've been looking online and see a lot of cars like the one posted above.

Wondering if i can get a decent 2nd gen for that price

Sorry for the thread hijacking

You should be able to find a nice driver for that but I wouldn't bet on finding something extravagant either.  Minimal rust on 2nd gen Chargers started when they were still in the showroom.  All Chargers will need rust repair so don't pay a premium for a car that seems rust free.  Surprises later usually ruin the day for you.  Bet on replacing/repairing everthing behind the rear wheels.  If it's minimal you can just stop the rust from progressing and enjoy the car.  That's what I'm doing.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

myk

Yup, fighting rust on this car, or anything of this generation comes with the duties of ownership...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Jas29

thanks for the quick replies hoping to have a project some time next year

johnnycharger

Drache

Quote from: johnnycharger on May 31, 2015, 10:34:16 AM
1968 Dodge Charger 383 V8 - $7500
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5044375468.html

Uh... $750 maybe

Hoping someone thinks it's an ex-nascar or something?  :shruggy:

I'd pay $750 just to have that as lawn art!  :2thumbs:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

HPP

VegasCharger

Quote from: skip68 on May 30, 2015, 07:09:53 PM
Holy Shit.    Sorry for the S word but that deserves it.   Wow.   I was kinda looking at it as a parts car.   That thing needs EVERYTHING redone.   $3,500-$4,000 tops is more appropriate.   What a scumbag schmuck.   

Yes but it's a TRUE big block with a customized hood :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

I love how they word it sometimes when it's not an R/T to still try to have a sales pitch LMAO.

In this case "TRUE BIG BLOCK", others are "V8" or "BARN FIND" again LMAO.

Stevearino

Quote from: VegasCharger on June 01, 2015, 08:37:28 AM
Quote from: skip68 on May 30, 2015, 07:09:53 PM

Yes but it's a TRUE big block with a customized hood :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

I love how they word it sometimes when it's not an R/T to still try to have a sales pitch LMAO.

In this case "TRUE BIG BLOCK", others are "V8" or "BARN FIND" again LMAO.

I like how the owner tries to play up the fact that it has never been worked on before by saying it is "unmolested" . So you have the unique opportunity to cut every piece off of it for the very first time.   JOY. :dance:

skip68

Yeah, you get the wonderful privilege of being the one to get rid of all the rot and junk.    :rofl: :smilielol: :smilielol: 
It's like selling an old house.   
Yes sir, this house was built in 1920 and as you can see it's not been touched or updated one bit.   You get to go through and do all new plumbing, electrical, roofing, flooring and paint.    :smilielol:   
And all this can be yours for several thousand dollars OVER what it's really worth.    :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
Did we mention it hasn't been touched. ........ :smilielol: 

Part of me wants to call and say "so, it hasn't been touched. .....no shit.    :smilielol: 
Someone please put this car in a museum.    :rofl:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Barfyspitz

Quote from: Ghoste on November 09, 2014, 06:30:38 PM
Those restomod things are always a tough sell.  It sucks up an enormous amount of money to do them but they are one persons vision and you have to find that one buyer with deep pockets who shares your customized tastes.
I bet the majority of them get sold overseas  to Rich Europeans

Stevearino

Quote from: HPP on June 01, 2015, 08:22:41 AM
'68 Project, all body work done, needs re-assembly, $75,000.

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4983138422.html

Nice car but for $75,000.00 the only work I would want to do is turning the key to drive it off.

Patronus

I've seen that ad for years. I bet it's.., "That's what I have into it."
By now he could've finished it. 
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

VegasCharger

Quote from: Patronus on June 02, 2015, 12:15:26 AM
I've seen that ad for years. I bet it's.., "That's what I have into it."
By now he could've finished it. 

Yep that's the only way he is going to be able to sell it is by finishing it or take a considerably lower asking price.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

1974dodgecharger

YUP for a year plus now that black one...SERIOUSLY he has all the pieces to it he could put it together it enjoy it or 6 months then sell it....at least enjoy it..... ::)

Ghoste

Maybe just ran out of money?  Or its tied up in divorce limbo?

HPP

Quote from: Barfyspitz on June 01, 2015, 03:26:15 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on November 09, 2014, 06:30:38 PM
Those restomod things are always a tough sell.  It sucks up an enormous amount of money to do them but they are one persons vision and you have to find that one buyer with deep pockets who shares your customized tastes.
I bet the majority of them get sold overseas  to Rich Europeans

I wouldn't bet on it. Most European countries have ridiculously limited laws about modifications allowed on their roadways and if you can't prove OEM installation, they won't let you drive it.

6spd68

I don't get how it still needs 15000$ to finish? 
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."