News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Delusional Charger sellers

Started by Homerr, November 09, 2014, 02:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Challenger340

geezuz.... it never ceases to amaze me the prices people ask for some of this stuff ?

I mean complete junk in need of total restoration, missing parts, and still asking, IMO, some pretty big bucks ?

I guess I will just never understand someone paying even just $7-8K for a basket case,(because that's all they can afford to get into one), just for the "privilege" of spending another $30-40-$50K over time..... and a full time job even doing the work themselves.... to end up with a Car, that when done...  might be worth a fraction of what they have into it ?

And it still happens all the time !
Like Einstein said..... "the definition of insanity is conducting the same experiment over and over again expecting a different result"
Only wimps wear Bowties !

el dub

Maybe if more and more people ask these insane prices, they will become the new, real price. I like that part.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Homerr

Quote from: 6spd68 on June 02, 2015, 09:51:25 AM
I don't get how it still needs 15000$ to finish? 

Because he's been paying a shop $100/hr to do everything.  He does state "less if you do everything yourself".  Could be $0 in labor to finish...but still overpriced.

6spd68

Quote from: Homerr on June 02, 2015, 11:45:45 AM
Quote from: 6spd68 on June 02, 2015, 09:51:25 AM
I don't get how it still needs 15000$ to finish? 

Because he's been paying a shop $100/hr to do everything.  He does state "less if you do everything yourself".  Could be $0 in labor to finish...but still overpriced.

Touche  :cheers: !  I know the grass always looks green at the finish line, but I could never see myself digging that deep of a hole...
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

6spd68

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on June 03, 2015, 02:01:39 AM
because I can????????
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/5053206024.html

big pimpin?
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/5027230806.html

Those two aren't so bad considering the others we've seen on here.  I wish the 69 RT was about 5-6K cheaper, and the 70, I'd see easily selling for 12-15 without the rims.
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

F8-4life

skip68

:scratchchin:  I'm thinking that price isn't that far off.    :Twocents:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Challenger340

The "numbers" thing is funny..... without the original Engine nor Transmission, it being a "Trac-Pak" Dana Car could be a moot point in collectible for many.
But it sure looks to be in good and restorable condition with original metal and trunk floor.
IMO,
he ain't that far off and will probably get very close to asking ? $34K ? $35K ? 

It does still have all the R/T Heavier Suspension, sway bars, H.D. Torsion bars, for that "feel" on the road.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

ws23rt

Quote from: Challenger340 on June 03, 2015, 05:01:11 PM
The "numbers" thing is funny..... without the original Engine nor Transmission, it being a "Trac-Pak" Dana Car could be a moot point in collectible for many.
But it sure looks to be in good and restorable condition with original metal and trunk floor.
IMO,
he ain't that far off and will probably get very close to asking ? $34K ? $35K ?  

It does still have all the R/T Heavier Suspension, sway bars, H.D. Torsion bars, for that "feel" on the road.

That numbers thing is an odd one indeed.  What if this car was restored to like (or better than) new as it is without the original engine. What do we think the difference in selling value would be VS having all numbers in place?

The term "restorable condition" is interesting also because it is used a lot. The same has been said of rust piles. :lol:

When I see a car like this I can't help thinking about all that's involved in a complete resto.  That same effort will give a very shabby, non running, "project car" the same end result. :shruggy:

My point is that a nice presentable/driving car like this may have the same value as a degraded barn find (for example) to someone that wants to restore one to the nines.

There are many ways at looking at a car and I see this one as a good driver with issues to play with as the car is enjoyed as it is.

Also IMO the asking price will seem high to one that only sees it as coming all apart for resto.  That price---35K?--- looks very fair to me. :Twocents:

1965gp

The blue 69 above is Bid at 32k and two days left of bidding I bet it pulls 35k.

At the local shop that does some of my work they got a clean 68 in today. One owner- husband passed and wife is getting it running to sell. Not an RT or anything special but is B5 with a 440 in it. Nice original car- has had repaint but will need paint, seat covers, brakes, etc. No obvious rust which is a huge plus. I don't need another car but it was clean so I asked what she wanted....55-60k!

Ghoste

Did you ask her what she was basing that number on?

cbrestorations

people...we need to contact this guy and f*** with him, he is serious about wanting $4200 for a 68 charger grill thats cracked and needing restored, not even doors, actuators or anything just the grill lol, wow. turn it into a bidding war....i already said ill give him $4400 if he holds it for me till monday
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/pts/5045239005.html

skip68

:smilielol: I just sent him a text saying I'll give him $5,000 if he can wait til Tuesday.  I also said those 68 grills are worth gold.    :smilielol: :smilielol:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

JB400

cbrestorations

did he respond? its on ebay too hahaha, now a normal person would check to see what others like it are going for...but nope not this smart guy

skip68

cbrestorations

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5061877067.html
what a joke...no, dash, vin, doors, decklid, hood, grill, bumpers, drivetrain, interior or anything, just a bare essentials roller and wants 10,000

skip68

He doesn't have the tools or experience to build the car but says everyone knows they can get their money out of it if they can build it.    :smilielol:
If he doesn't know what it takes then how the hell can he know you can get your money out of it.   :rofl:   
::)

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: cbrestorations on June 07, 2015, 12:16:42 PM
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5061877067.html
what a joke...no, dash, vin, doors, decklid, hood, grill, bumpers, drivetrain, interior or anything, just a bare essentials roller and wants 10,000

"up for sale craigslist is my 1969 charger and yes it is a complete project and yes I think I am crazy for asking as much as I'm asking for it but it's my car, and in all reality I don't really want to sell it unless somebody offers me what I'm asking for it so here goes"

:shruggy:

FastbackJon

Depending on how you look at it, good or bad it's a seller's market for the second generation Chargers. First and third generations are still plentiful and it's a buyer's market but second gens are going for a lot of money because people are paying it.

Case in point, I was looking at how much our QQ1 white interior '68 RT was worth and rather than seeing what people were asking, I looked at what things were actually selling for. A similar car not drivable and needing restoration went for $28,000 so I priced our nice painted drivable car a bit higher.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-CHARGER-R-T-440-4BBL-AUTOMATIC-TRUE-SURVIVOR-ALL-ORIGINAL-MUST-SEE-/371302034902?forcerrptr=true&hash=item5673536dd6&item=371302034902&nma=true&si=wY0BqRV5dOxVuARPf7SM%252FMrCfJQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I wouldn't pay $28,000 for that car but it doesn't mean someone else won't.

Second case, I saw a white '68 318 Charger, green interior here for sale locally running and driving. Guy wanted $12,000 for it. I wouldn't pay that much for that car but a similar car (color, engine) also just sold for $24,000.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Dodge-Charger-Charger-/141643988442?forcerrptr=true&hash=item20faa3bdda&item=141643988442&nma=true&si=H2c%252FkecD0hdBcS0BcwTiSGBLZvw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Even with a buyer's market, I still don't condone the guys who let their cars sit outside rusting away and not doing anything to them until they get their $100k (or whatever overprice they're asking that people aren't willing to pay). If you are really interested in the car hobby and want to sell your car, sell it at what someone will pay for it and let it go to someone who will take care of it.

Now if you want to get a Charger cheaply, buy a 1st gen. They're more rare, you still get head-turning good looks, cooler dash gauges, tach is standard, 3-spoke woodgrain steering wheel usually standard, rarely the column shift (console almost always standard), rear bucket seats, carpet in the trunk, chrome metal grille (not silver painted plastic) and you still get the big block power of the later years.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

1974dodgecharger

Time to put up my 68 for sale as a delusional seller......please mock me when u can.  :icon_smile_big:

VegasCharger

Ghoste

That explains why the cars are so much, its the sum of the parts.

VegasCharger

Quote from: Ghoste on June 08, 2015, 06:06:32 AM
That explains why the cars are so much, its the sum of the parts.

........or not knowing what you have for sale. Or knowing what you have for sale and hoping that the buyer doesn't know.

Example this Craigslist ad is listing a Tic Toc Tac at a Tic Toc Tac price. Only problem is that it's NOT a Tic Toc Tac instead it's the rallye cluster CLOCK and clock only :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

http://rapidcity.craigslist.org/pts/5035223181.html