News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Delusional Charger sellers

Started by Homerr, November 09, 2014, 02:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6spd68

:haha: Even better when you can order a brand new tic-toc-tac for about that much...
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

69chargerboy

My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

Patronus

^ Interesting car... 600 horse in a clean '68 that needs a few things looked at - when you want, not when you have to...
Makes me ask, I don't think this is poorly bought at $50? For someone that wants a hassle free (assumption) Charger... Am I delusional?
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Stevearino

Quote from: Patronus on June 10, 2015, 05:43:58 PM
^ Interesting car... 600 horse in a clean '68 that needs a few things looked at - when you want, not when you have to...
Makes me ask, I don't think this is poorly bought at $50? For someone that wants a hassle free (assumption) Charger... Am I delusional?

I was kinda thinking the same thing. It looks pretty good. :scratchchin:

VegasCharger

At $55k I think it would be worth it if:

- Is it all of the original OEM rust free sheet metal like the seller claims?
- Had the original numbers match drive train
- All the original (or original replacements) components were present. Radio, steering wheel, shifter, A/C underhood components, air cleaner

He never mentioned if the OEM trans. was 727 Auto or a 4 Speed.

If Auto then his "Has the extremely rare factory air conditioning option" comment is way off.

Also quote "Was built to take the wife and kids out for ice cream and cruising the highways."

What if I'm single, don't have any kids and I don't like ice cream :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

All in all it's a nice Charger :2thumbs:

myk

A/C huh.  That's Hemi-rare, sunroof territory right there...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: 69chargerboy on June 09, 2015, 04:22:53 PM
55K?????? LOL

http://sd.craigslist.org/cto/5058017294.html

600hp need dyno proof, please.  Tired of people saying they have x amount of power and u ask EM for dyno they tell u it's not needed.  For 55k it's on the high side let's be honest here....body is awesome shape we know that but at 55k the interior needs work bad among other places....our turbin resident was selling his 68 and very fair price I would buy his before this and it was a 318, but all original and all worked.

Ghoste

Yeah its a lot like the people who spout off an et for the car but they've never taken it to the strip.  Same when you ask those guys too, they don't need to, they "know".

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Ghoste on June 12, 2015, 07:40:07 PM
Yeah its a lot like the people who spout off an et for the car but they've never taken it to the strip.  Same when you ask those guys too, they don't need to, they "know".

The funny thing is the more u lie about old muscle cars the more they believe.....

6spd68

Project 668:
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke

Challenger340

Only wimps wear Bowties !

Ghoste

Yeah they're basically insane on that one.  It s a very nice car but they will have it a long time.  It was formerly a project car of Bob Probert and after he passed away some Red Wings fan bought it and spent way too much finishing the car.  I believe he traded it in at that dealership so now they are likely in too deep as well.  All of them figuring the Probert ownership history makes the car worth what was put into it I guess.

VegasCharger

6spd68

Quote from: Ghoste on June 15, 2015, 10:11:20 AM
Yeah they're basically insane on that one.  It s a very nice car but they will have it a long time.  It was formerly a project car of Bob Probert and after he passed away some Red Wings fan bought it and spent way too much finishing the car.  I believe he traded it in at that dealership so now they are likely in too deep as well.  All of them figuring the Probert ownership history makes the car worth what was put into it I guess.
Indeed, just from the pictures alone I'd still say it was un-finished.  It's missing it's radio, the hood and trunk don't line up, scratches on the dash facia, ect.
Project 668:
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke

chargerman69

Dino

Quote from: 6spd68 on June 15, 2015, 01:45:24 PM

scratches on the dash facia

It looks like that may just be the reflection of the chrome map light housing.  I see it on my own car all the time.

This car is indeed far from finished though.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

1974dodgecharger

6spd68

Quote from: Dino on June 15, 2015, 08:12:30 PM
Quote from: 6spd68 on June 15, 2015, 01:45:24 PM

scratches on the dash facia

It looks like that may just be the reflection of the chrome map light housing.  I see it on my own car all the time.

Indeed, you can see the gap from the button.   :cheers:
Project 668:
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke

Fitz73Chrgr

'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

6spd68

Project 668:
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke

Homerr

Quote from: Fitz73Chrgr on June 18, 2015, 12:50:35 AM
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,118424.0.html

This guy is out of his damn mind.   :eyes:

Saw this on moparts first, was just going to post.  This guy should know better.

skip68

I know he's a member here but dang.    :rotz:  
I think it's a great car, power windows, a.c. but it's real value is probably in the $12,000 to $14,000 range.  Possibly up to the $16K range    :rotz:  
These kinda ads are upsetting to see because they are from members.  It's rare to get a member asking stupid money for a car though it does happen and it's sad.   The way I see it is if you're a member then you know dam well what a car is worth ballpark or you can find out.  But you've got a basic idea.  To try for double the value or more shows you're trying to rip somebody off or take advantage over someone less knowledgeable.   I personally don't think we need members like this as it makes us look bad like we're all crooks.    :flame:
We should be able to flag for sale ads on our site.    
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

skip68

God forbid he puts wheels and tires on it, paints it clear for the patina like he said.    Then he'd be wanting $35,000 for it.    :slap:   
He seems to be mostly using this site for profit.    :rotz:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Homerr

Quote from: skip68 on June 18, 2015, 11:14:09 AM
God forbid he puts wheels and tires on it, paints it clear for the patina like he said.    Then he'd be wanting $35,000 for it.    :slap:   
He seems to be mostly using this site for profit.    :rotz:

Paint over the rust?   :shruggy: 

If he started painting it he'd be in it another $30k with the bodywork and then he'd be asking $100k.

I agree this sort of price is silly on community sites.  Put it on craigslist and see if you get any bites, fine.  Maybe you'll get lucky and sucker that thinks he'll get BJ numbers hemi payback.

Here and moparts, it just seems insulting.

skip68

I agree.   No price gouging.