News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Delusional Charger sellers

Started by Homerr, November 09, 2014, 02:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

norcal_68

Ghoste

Some Chargers are too fast for photos.

6spd68

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?topic=118765.0

55K?  Non-Numbers matching, non-assembled???  Not trying to throw stones, but I can't see the R/T Vin/Shell commanding that much capital.  :Twocents:
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

Lord Warlock

think that price is a bit high, even with all the parts, would expect to pay that if everything was together and working correctly.  But some folks think a special intake is worth big bucks, even if you could buy it retail and put it on yourself back in the day.  

Someone's been drinking the koolaide
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Dino

Quote from: Lennard on July 11, 2015, 09:26:52 PM
:scratchchin:  http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/5115252015.html

Oh boy!  I better go rent a trailer now before Worman buys it from under me!   ::)  Seriously, is it the new fad for Charger sellers to be complete douche bags?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

VegasCharger

:scratchchin:  http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/5115252015.html

So CL seller, what if a rich non Mopar educated buyer wants to buy your Charger and he offers you $20,000 (5k over asking price) but he does not know the car. He just has 20k and a trailer. Are you telling me that you won't sell it to him :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Quote from: Dino on July 11, 2015, 09:41:00 PM
Oh boy!  I better go rent a trailer now before Worman buys it from under me!   ::)  Seriously, is it the new fad for Charger sellers to be complete douche bags?

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Oooooh Mark Worman wants it :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Ghoste

Looks like he used an online decoder and got a Chevy guy to decipher the tag for him.  Some mistakes in there.

tomonty

:scratchchin:  http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/5115252015.html

I believe that is the same car that was listed for 20k a few weeks ago. In that CL ad he said the car was an extra for the DoH because Warner Brothers was on the title. At least that is what he heard from the guy he bought it from since you guessed it...he doesn't have the title.  ::)

And I guess Graveyard Cars gets preferential treatment since they can get the car for 12k, but for us regular folk, we gotta pay 15k.  :rotz:

Mike
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. - H.L. Mencken

Lord Warlock

says it has a transverse stripe, but also has the stripe delete emblems mounted over the stripe.  It isn't even a good parts car, there is hardly a part in the photos without a scrape, dent or something obvious missing...like the rear quarter glass. Its amazing what some people think is a valuable car.  I wouldn't pay 1/3 his price, but I'm not calling him either so no biggie.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Ghoste

In all fairness, my RT has stripe and the emblem, even worse (form a purist point of view) the stripe is painted on and its yellow.  :icon_smile_big:

I'm just saying that things get changed.  :2thumbs:

Lennard

Ghoste

It was on television after all.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Ghoste on July 20, 2015, 04:53:05 AM
It was on television after all.

my bad add 100k to that I see where it gets the price now  ;D ;D

HPP

Its those two custom pillows...

DeltaV

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. - Erwin Rommel

chargerperson

Barfyspitz

I think the problem we're facing with the prices skyrocketing is caused mostly by the media coverage of Barrett Jackson like auctions and all these car restoration reality shows where the owners can buy project cars with reckless abandon. It sets and unfair precedent price because they have the money to blow

skip68

I fully agree.   Any of us guys that have built a car can take one look at that and know for a fact that $10-$12K isn't going to finish that car.   Unless it's a Joe dirt special.      :lol:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Dino

People usually overestimate the value of their possesions, no matter what it is. Add that to the auction madness, the low numbers of available Chargers to be found compared to other brand muscle and there you go, uber inflated prices.

The 70 500 owner is dreaming, the Count car owner needs to be commited.

When will people realize that the vast majority of Chargers are not worth the restoration cost!  You just can't get your money out of them.

Ghoste

It was always like that, its just that now people seem to think they should profit handsomely from their "investment" whereas 30 years ago we just fixed them up because we loved the cars and knew we would lose money at sale time.

Dino

True, and therein lies the problem; these cars are lousy investments!  My low risk stock funds make more than my car would ever bring, which is why I drive it, fix and improve it, and rinse and repeat!

It's a car and as long as you use it as such, life is good.   :coolgleamA: