News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Delusional Charger sellers

Started by Homerr, November 09, 2014, 02:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbrestorations

i just wonder where guys who end up on this thread get their reasoning for their prices...i dont look at my hoopties in the back yard and see light rays of gold glistening from their rusty bodies  :shruggy:

Ghoste

Some of it is pure delusion from within themselves, some of it is televised hype (be it auction smoke and mirror shows or automotive flipper "reality" shows) and some of it is appraisals.  I talk to people every day with grossly inflated ideas of what their car is worth and many many times they base it on an appraisal that someone wrote them for insurance purposes.

Lennard

cbrestorations

Quote from: Lennard on September 17, 2015, 06:40:36 PM
http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/5226680125.html

that one isnt really that over priced, if it is a true r/t. if it was on ebay it would probly pull that.

Lennard

Quote from: cbrestorations on September 17, 2015, 09:25:28 PM
Quote from: Lennard on September 17, 2015, 06:40:36 PM
http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/5226680125.html

that one isnt really that over priced, if it is a true r/t. if it was on ebay it would probly pull that.
Did you see all the pictures? It needs atleast 5 grand in sheet metal alone.

cbrestorations

didnt say it was a good deal, just not as far fetched as most of the ones we see on here  :shruggy: . it does come with a donor car that could fix some of the issues, donor car appears to be pretty rust free. looks like a 70 steering wheel or column aswell.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Ghoste on September 17, 2015, 08:04:05 AM
Are you ever tempted to go over to some of these guys shops and walk around the car just kicking the tires and then tell "okay thanks, I just wanted to kick your tires" and then get in your car and leave?

Hahahaha no what a time wasting for me if I was buying......to me tire kickers want to drive it even though they have no money......

DeltaV

This one almost looks more interesting than the other rusty relics in this price range

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/5224430274.html

However, I could get this great handling V8 car for less money (too bad it's an auto)

http://rochester.craigslist.org/cto/5207700422.html
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. - Erwin Rommel

cbrestorations

Quote from: DeltaV on September 19, 2015, 09:46:37 PM
This one almost looks more interesting than the other rusty relics in this price range

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/5224430274.html

that r/t is priced right, my buddy just sold his in similar condition for 23k on ebay

myk

318 with 3spd column shift?!  OH MY GOODDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!  One of 3?!

Who's going to scrape up enough dough in time to snatch up that gem!
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

70 sublime

I like how he says

However, I can tell you that probably less than 100 Chargers were built that way.

But started out saying there was only 3 cars like this

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

ws23rt

I've heard a lot of things that green is called on these cars but "metallic racing green" is not one of them. :scratchchin:
Is that a color that was originally offered?

Chad L. Magee

I used to have one of those (1968 Dodge Charger that was 318, three on the tree, in yellow exterior, black vinyl top, gold interior per fender tag).  It was very rough and rusty, missing the transmission, hood, and most of the interior after sitting since 1974.  I did register it in the Dodge Charger Registry and Wayne commented that the engine/transmission combo was very rare that year, with only a handful known at that time (2007).  I traded it away to another Mopar restorer, as I was too busy to work on it for what it needed done.   During the time I did own it, I knew of two others like it tucked away in South Dakota, so they are out there.  (ie. more than just three exist...)

The seller is right about the possible production being around 100 or so, with maybe 25 left in the wild....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

grnfsh

I love when their asking price is based upon how much money they have IN the car. Rarely do you get money back out of a car you put in ESPECIALLY for custom jobs. Full OEM restorations you can possibly justify but as others have said when you customize a car you make it how YOU like it, not how a potential buyer likes it.

303 Mopar

Quote from: ws23rt on September 20, 2015, 09:56:35 AM
I've heard a lot of things that green is called on these cars but "metallic racing green" is not one of them. :scratchchin:

GG1 is called racing green
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

marshallfry01

1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

ws23rt

Quote from: 303 Mopar on September 20, 2015, 07:01:22 PM
Quote from: ws23rt on September 20, 2015, 09:56:35 AM

GG1 is called racing green

:2thumbs:  I can still learn new stuff. :lol:

VegasCharger

Quote from: marshallfry01 on September 21, 2015, 10:27:05 AM
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5206302046.html   :slap:

Hey CL seller, can you at least finish putting that Charger back together before slapping a 60k price tag on it. Also non matching 440 but period correct. That aftermarket stereo in the center A/C pad looks hideous IMO. No wheel well trim. No arm rest pads. Did he shave the rear side marker lights? And the front marker holes are there but no marker lights. Also makes you wonder if it's a true R/T.

ACUDANUT

" the front marker holes are there but no marker lights. Also makes you wonder if it's a true R/T."  That has nothing to do with a R/T. :Twocents: :slap:

VegasCharger

I did mention that there were front marker light holes.

And I know that has nothing to do with being an R/T or not, I'm just saying that the way the seller is representing this Charger if he has any credibility of being a stand up guy. Is he a scammer?

Com'on give me some credit  :smilielol:  

1974dodgecharger

im posting my stuff near his Houston craiglist for kicks and giggles.....why not.
Quote from: VegasCharger on September 21, 2015, 01:45:11 PM
Quote from: marshallfry01 on September 21, 2015, 10:27:05 AM
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5206302046.html   :slap:

Hey CL seller, can you at least finish putting that Charger back together before slapping a 60k price tag on it. Also non matching 440 but period correct. That aftermarket stereo in the center A/C pad looks hideous IMO. No wheel well trim. No arm rest pads. Did he shave the rear side marker lights? And the front marker holes are there but no marker lights. Also makes you wonder if it's a true R/T.