News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Delusional Charger sellers

Started by Homerr, November 09, 2014, 02:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

Trophy winner? Sure, in a three car show, it would probably get a 3rd place trophy.

Challenger340

That' s only around 35K U.S. Dollars... but still fugly even if it is a rust free '68 R/T.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Ghoste

Did you note all of the factory installed equipment on it?

Homerr

Quote from: 6spd68 on December 09, 2015, 01:36:11 PM
That much we can agree on, but what else sticks out to the more trained eye?

Concrete block parking brake, B&M style shifter, wrong seat covers, rear stripe in front of rear marker lights, so-so at best looking roll cage, hole in hood, not running/needs work, no R/T proof/documentation shown, silly paint job, and poor quality pics that don't really show the condition of the car or any underhood shot.

6spd68

Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

cavemanno1

This red '68 r/t 4 speed has a fender tag which is strange for me(still learning)

All r/t 4 speeds came with Dana 60,didn't they,or am i wrong again?If they did shouldn't the axel code be 68 instead of 48 and the gear should be 3.54 not 3.23?It's either the tag is wrong or the car came with a 8 3/4 and Dana wasn't standard with r/t 4 speeds? :scratchchin:

Ghoste

You are correct on the Dana and four speed RT as well as the gear.

Mytur Binsdirti

While not a Charger, clearly this seller is high on crack...

"1968 Pontiac GTX 440 Convertible.
One Original Owner, All Original Everything on vehicle.
Purchased off the show room floor. Need the right owner to appreciate!
Clean Title, No accidents."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Plymouth-GTX-Base-/262186051324?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3d0b81a6fc:g:1A0AAOSwcBhWahTd&item=262186051324

skip68

Notice the beautiful bars on the windows of the house in the reflection of the glass.   Obviously a very good secure area of town.  
:rofl:   I'm presuming he means $8k.  Clearly what we have here folks is a simple case of one mans junk is another mans junk.  It's a cool car and I wouldn't mind having it at all.  But I don't think it's worth $130,000+   
By the time you're done that's what you'll have in it.   :rofl:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Ghoste

One mans junk is another mans junk.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Drache

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 13, 2015, 07:01:53 AM
While not a Charger, clearly this seller is high on crack...

"1968 Pontiac GTX 440 Convertible.
One Original Owner, All Original Everything on vehicle.
Purchased off the show room floor. Need the right owner to appreciate!
Clean Title, No accidents."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Plymouth-GTX-Base-/262186051324?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3d0b81a6fc:g:1A0AAOSwcBhWahTd&item=262186051324

Ebay ads like those are generally someone looking for what their car is worth. Price it so high that it will never sell and see what people offer you.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Lord Warlock

considering you can buy the entire main shell of a charger now brand new for 17000.00, the rest of the cars should go up in value considering the starting point has been redefined. 

You almost don't see nice driver quality chargers much for less than 40k.  I've seen some clunkers sell online for way over what I would give. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Lord Warlock on December 15, 2015, 02:29:15 AM
considering you can buy the entire main shell of a charger now brand new for 17000.00, the rest of the cars should go up in value considering the starting point has been redefined. 

You almost don't see nice driver quality chargers much for less than 40k.  I've seen some clunkers sell online for way over what I would give. 

WHAT!!!!!  SHELL?

VegasCharger

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on December 15, 2015, 12:34:33 AM
25k...what am I missing did these cars go up in value last couple years?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Dodge-Charger-500-/111845609311?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1a0a848f5f%3Ag%3AWZQAAOSwp5JWZ6e%7E&item=111845609311&nma=true&si=xf1RCg%252FiWvOIoFUqOh4WmGYnhAA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Amazing that Charger sold. First off lazy seller couldn't clean off the water/dirt spots before taking pics. And only 4 hood shot pics total??? WTF anymore :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Oh and nice of them that they will clean the car upon pick-up.

Kern Dog

Quote from: Lord Warlock on December 15, 2015, 02:29:15 AM

This is an illusion. Nobody is reproducing these bodies as an welded assembly. You can buy many, many of the parts, but no "shell" is available new anywhere.

polywideblock

seems close  , 25K for the "deluxe package   ++  so for about 30 K    :scratchchin:           

http://uscartool.com/body-in-white

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: polywideblock on December 15, 2015, 03:18:39 AM

seems close  , 25K for the "deluxe package   ++  so for about 30 K    :scratchchin:           

WOW...didn't know they did this service...buy a junk 5k rotting 2nd gen and give it to them to repair all and reputable....and well known....I say not bad.

Lord Warlock

Pretty sure I saw it in one magazine I bought recently, i'll list the advertisement here so yall can look it over, showed the basic shell of a charger, (no doors no fenders, but basic firewall to rear deck area all new and priced at 17k.  

Maybe it was a rotisserie they were advertising,  it was a US Car Tool Ad in the latest Chrysler power magazine.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

polywideblock

was the "basic " deal from the website  above   :yesnod:  inside cover     :scratchchin:      17K for just body

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Ghoste

I didn't know US Car Tool were still in business.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: polywideblock on December 15, 2015, 03:18:39 AM

seems close  , 25K for the "deluxe package   ++  so for about 30 K    :scratchchin:          

Ask them how many of these they have actually completed. :Twocents:

Lord Warlock

But if that is just a starting point, spending 50k is going to be pretty easy by the time its close to finished. I don't know how some of you do it, what I consider a basket case many here would see otherwise and see a good deal.  It seems that any charger body is worthy of high dollar investment to build something, and value doesn't seem to matter on what it really is or was, but what it appears to be.  would have thought real XS cars were worth a premium over XP cars, but that seems to be less the case the more years slip by. 

Ghoste

I don't know?  Maybe the asking prices but I wouldn't be surprised if actual selling prices still show a premium for XS Chargers.