News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Delusional Charger sellers

Started by Homerr, November 09, 2014, 02:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polygon

www.lostinspaceforum.com

If you like the old TV show, Lost In Space, check out my page

crj1968

Yeah that Duster is sweet for sure...

Might get that price for it actually...

Challenger340

Quote from: charge69 on June 21, 2016, 08:19:09 PM
Challenger340:  That is a mighty fine looking Duster and the owner undoubtedly has that much or more in the restoration.  Sorry but, a duster just isn't bringing that much money!

I agree wholeheartedly !
My point being, as far as Duster's go it looks to be as good as it gets :2thumbs:

But with a NON Original Engine and no documentation ?
IMO,
it's just not in the "collectable" price category no matter how nice.

OK, now I'll get thrashed..... but I guess I am still one of those that feel the upper ends of the price market are still dominated by the "Collectable" Numbers/Documented Original examples ? and that those drag the prices UP on the rest.

Only wimps wear Bowties !

crj1968

Quote from: Challenger340 on June 23, 2016, 12:45:51 PM
Quote from: charge69 on June 21, 2016, 08:19:09 PM
Challenger340:  That is a mighty fine looking Duster and the owner undoubtedly has that much or more in the restoration.  Sorry but, a duster just isn't bringing that much money!

I agree wholeheartedly !
My point being, as far as Duster's go it looks to be as good as it gets :2thumbs:

But with a NON Original Engine and no documentation ?
IMO,
it's just not in the "collectable" price category no matter how nice.

OK, now I'll get thrashed..... but I guess I am still one of those that feel the upper ends of the price market are still dominated by the "Collectable" Numbers/Documented Original examples ? and that those drag the prices UP on the rest.

I wont trash you there- I agree. I just looked at the pictures of the Duster and assumed from the price tag it was numbers matching...etc..

Hmmmmm....I sold my nice 72 duster ( sharktooth, snorkel scoop, buckets...etc...) for $11K. All it needed was paint the rest was done and new Rumor is it's coming back up for sale with a Stroker motor soon.   :scratchchin:

DeltaV

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. - Erwin Rommel

Mytur Binsdirti

Here's the problem today; people are picking cars that were put out to pasture and they think that they are worthy of a restoration. And even worse, some fool will buy it!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Charger-Base-/112042835729?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1a1645ff11:g:5lkAAOSwbYZXdGTy&item=112042835729

"Nice restorable 68 Charger. Picked it out of a cow Pasture in GA a few years ago. Needs total restoration.

The Bad.....Needs rear frame rails,rear quarters,rear deck panel,truck floor,driver pillar which I have rust free cut from another car,Front floor pan has been changed very unprofessionally,truck lid,passenger door and fender are missing,hood is rusty underneath,etc....."

::)

ACUDANUT

1974dodgecharger

Brock Lee

Check out how many people are watching it! There are dreamers out there that are hoping the price drops to an affordable amount so they can buy it and "save it". They figure they can learn how to fix it and buying parts is like making payments..dream, dream, dream. Sorry, but that car wouldn't be worth restoring even if it were free.

RCCDrew

Worth it? None of my cars have been worth it. I do it simply for the love of the car.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: RCCDrew on July 02, 2016, 08:31:22 AM
Worth it? None of my cars have been worth it. I do it simply for the love of the car.

There has to be some kind of validation for throwing big money at old cars. Nobody throw money out of a small plane and expects a return. :Twocents:

Brock Lee

Not to mention, what is there to "love" in that auction? How much is left when you start removing rot? What sense does it make to spend thousands extra replacing metal not required when spending a few bucks extra and upgrading condition even slightly? I can see fixing a car when there is something left to it.

Mike DC

QuoteNot to mention, what is there to "love" in that auction? How much is left when you start removing rot? What sense does it make to spend thousands extra replacing metal not required when spending a few bucks extra and upgrading condition even slightly? I can see fixing a car when there is something left to it.

Not everyone is setting out to build a street/stock restored car.  Not everyone intends to keep the subframes/floors.  Racers & customizers need body shells too.

Meanwhile, the repro body shell companies just keep on ignoring the 68-70 Charger . . . gotta make those super-rare 55 Chevys and 65 Mustangs . . .

RCCDrew

:iagree:
Honestly I have been wondering if my car is too complete to use as my project. It is numbers matching and more or less complete. I have been thinking about starting out with more of a shell for my devious purposes.  :D

1974dodgecharger

Because if I restored it myself I could make millions, but I want to sell it for 20k plus so you can make millions instead.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/5664552178.html

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

VegasCharger

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on July 04, 2016, 07:04:25 PM
Here's one for you guys....

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/pml/cto/5667063284.html

Another "Numbers matching 318" listing.

Funny I thought that Chrysler did NOT stamp the small block engines back in the late 60s or any year for that matter???

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: VegasCharger on July 05, 2016, 03:39:37 AM

Funny I thought that Chrysler did NOT stamp the small block engines back in the late 60s or any year for that matter???

In other words, by Chrysler not stamping VIN number on 318s they knew that they were pretty much worthless in comparison to big blocks. Intersting.

Homerr

$28,791 usd

Still pretty up there for an unfinished 318 car.

6spd68

*Brand new grille (professionally refinished original, no reproduction crap)
^Educated seller lol...  :rofl:

Sure there's the Classic Industries repop, but those are few and far between, and I haven't really heard many complaints from members here who got them.
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

Mike DC

Yeah, I don't see anyone dropping $30,000 for an unpainted car.  It's a 318 VIN and doesn't come with a crate Hemi.

69bronzeT5

I especially love the unrestored crappy looking firewall components and the transmission cooler zap strapped to the rad support :rotz:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

ralley72

1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

Johnnymopar

Quote from: VegasCharger on July 05, 2016, 03:39:37 AM

I've never heard this.  I think all engines both RB (big block) and LA (small block) series engines had the VIN stamped on the block 1968 onwards.  I've seen numbers matching 340 cars, and I think even 318 cars.  Anyone else chime in on this?