News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Delusional Charger sellers

Started by Homerr, November 09, 2014, 02:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6spd68

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on October 26, 2016, 05:56:25 AM
Is it just me, or does the front end of that black car look crooked?

He should've made a hard left with it prior to taking the pics.  It may have straightened it out a bit  :2thumbs:  :rofl:

It sucks, because every part of me WANTS to like that car, but the deeper you dig, the more you see a polished turd.  At least it gives me things to watch out for with my own build.  A lot of these cars are great guides on how not to do things.
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

lukedukem

1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Bronzedodge

My guess is it means the core support, trunk sequential #'s will not match, that is, it was a 70 V code car in a kit - dash, door, build sheet and fender tag from a wrecked/destroyed car and another 70 donor.   :Twocents:
Mopar forever!

Mytur Binsdirti

What's up with the funky unnecessary tailpipe bends?

GOTWING

ksquared

I hope, without going through the 49 pages, that this one will be OK, although it is only a Charger carburetor, not a complete Charger, and I think I still have the little newspaper ad but not handy right now.

But this was in 1983 or so, it was one of those little free "swap shop" flyers that are printed for local people, so there was the little add for the Dodge Charger carburetor, $25,000, and it gave the phone number.  If I remember, there was some other trivial part listed there too for about $10,000.

Never did call to see if he'd sold them.  If I can find the ad I'll scan it and post it.

chargerboy69

Not a Charger, but a very nice 69 Coronet 500.  She has run through E-Bay a few times bringing around $18 or so each time. . . which I thought was a touch high anyway.. For the heck of it I called to find out what it would take to drive it away. . . . $42,000.00 is the bottom dollar.  :P  It was everything I could do to keep from asking them how many gold bars were in the trunk.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Dodge-Coronet-Dodge-Coronet-500-Two-Door-Hardtop-440-Super-Bee-/391600794766?forcerrptr=true&hash=item5b2d39ec8e%3Ag%3A83cAAOSwLF1X3GJu&item=391600794766&nma=true&si=a8frz4vEOLSLEZtCtQVFuSi2NrM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

crj1968

Quote from: chargerboy69 on October 27, 2016, 03:56:20 PM
Not a Charger, but a very nice 69 Coronet 500.  She has run through E-Bay a few times bringing around $18 or so each time. . . which I thought was a touch high anyway.. For the heck of it I called to find out what it would take to drive it away. . . . $42,000.00 is the bottom dollar.  :P  It was everything I could do to keep from asking them how many gold bars were in the trunk.

alfaitalia

You think that for £12000 (about $16750) you would get a complete car....or at least a complete engine. Also you think he might realise that, since he got not a single bid last time, that it might be just a touch expensive!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/dodge-charger-1969-/302123544985?hash=item4657f77199:g:D8QAAOSwLnBX8XqP

:rofl:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Cncguy

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Cncguy on November 08, 2016, 05:36:48 AM
What's this guy thinking?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/272441979280

"There are over 20k worth of parts here."

Say what?    ::)

Love the driveshaft....

alfaitalia

.....LOL.....not even if they were all brand new sealed in boxes (engines aside)!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

6spd68

Love the AC Delco starters and alternators!  That's making that 20K up RIGHT THERE MAN!
Project 668:
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke

VegasCharger

"Tires hold air for moving it"

LMFAO  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

ACUDANUT

VegasCharger

5hunert

I like the trunion style transmission and drive shaft.

Homerr

Quote from: VegasCharger on November 08, 2016, 07:05:31 PM
"Tires hold air for moving it"

LMFAO  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

I believe it.  I just helped get a 1971 Imperial rolling on tires like this that had been off the road since 1984.

See pics:
http://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar-forum/threads/1971-imperial-lebaron-wa.26893/

elks

charger01

He did say "make offer, No offer is a bad offer".  still thinking maybe 5g may insult him?

qwick68

Hey it's worth a shot, maybe go $5500 as not to hurt his feelings
68 Charger LL-1 Turquoise

6spd68

lol...  That add is amazing... 

Don't leave me a voicemail because I don't have one set up. Just try again if I don't answer my phone gets bad service so I might not even know you called! Thanks

Says this^, doesn't have a contact# anywhere on the add...
Project 668:
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke

Troy

Quote from: 6spd68 on November 11, 2016, 04:07:48 PM
lol...  That add is amazing... 

Don't leave me a voicemail because I don't have one set up. Just try again if I don't answer my phone gets bad service so I might not even know you called! Thanks

Says this^, doesn't have a contact# anywhere on the add...
Craigslist hides them to stop scammers from "scraping" them. Hit the "Reply" button.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.