News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Delusional Charger sellers

Started by Homerr, November 09, 2014, 02:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparMotel

Just ran across a 2000 issue of Hemmings Motor News in my storage boxes, '69 R/T Charger 426 Hemi 4 speed, '69 Daytona 440 or '70 Superbird 440 all restored and all the same asking price $34,900. Crazy how far the prices have gone.
1968 Dodge Charger

crj1968

Quote from: MoparMotel on January 12, 2017, 01:15:39 PM
Just ran across a 2000 issue of Hemmings Motor News in my storage boxes, '69 R/T Charger 426 Hemi 4 speed, '69 Daytona 440 or '70 Superbird 440 all restored and all the same asking price $34,900. Crazy how far the prices have gone.

I should send you an old copy of Mopar Collector's Guide.    :o

DeltaV

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. - Erwin Rommel

Mike DC

Quote$38,800 for a 318 car.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/5941168994.html

Nobody has paid him that much for it yet.  

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

JB400

Something was wrong with it, they flagged the ad.

Dino

Maybe Kern Dog flagged it for the spelling and grammar mistakes.   :lol:
I wouldn't blame him either, it's quite annoying to read stuff like that.

VegasCharger

Kern Dog

Quote from: Dino on January 14, 2017, 07:08:16 PM
Maybe Kern Dog flagged it for the spelling and grammar mistakes.   :lol:
I wouldn't blame him either, it's quite annoying to read stuff like that.

Funny, guys..... :nana:
I never clicked on it. That bad, huh?

Kern Dog

Quote from: VegasCharger on January 17, 2017, 12:18:32 AM
:popcrn:
https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/5907764893.html

Okay... here is the text of it with my comments in Boldface type.

This 73 Dodge Charger 2dr coupe has been restored and rebuilt and repainted.Restored? As in  brought back to a condition exactly as it was when new? This long mean machine is painted a beautiful Candy Cinnamon that pops in the sunlight (House of Color paint) The painted ghost stripe on the hood as it tries to hide the bulge that barely contains the 440 Magnum.  Barely contains the 440 Magnum. Right. Barely contains.This Charger has 440 Magnum riller rocker cam, Riller rocker cam? Never heard of that. MUST be pretty cool. marks pulleys, Edelbrock intake with Holley 650 4-four barrel carb, MSD ignition. This car has a 3500 stall converter and was built to get off the line! original Mopar rims with G4 street slicks in the rear. All numbers matching on this beauty-the custom upholstery in this car is a show stopper! Custom upholstery....So it isn't actually a restoration then, right? Owners moving south and can't take her with them-If you are lloking for a show car or a drag car -look no further! open car trailer available to go with her if price is right-have over $45,000.00 in it asking $37,000.00 or B/O-open to possible trade for old pick-up truck- How many old pickup trucks are worth $37,000? for more information call
show contact info

Hey....I'm not that much into the 3rd gen Chargers, but if the guy is interested in old pickup trucks.....

VegasCharger

Quote from: Kern Dog on January 17, 2017, 12:32:27 AM
Hey....I'm not that much into the 3rd gen Chargers, but if the guy is interested in old pickup trucks.....

Maybe something like this.  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

1974dodgecharger

Kern Dog

Vegas, that is a cool looking rig. I like the grille.   :2thumbs:

Challenger340

Quote from: VegasCharger on January 17, 2017, 12:18:32 AM
:popcrn:

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/5907764893.html

Just personal taste here I guess.
But IMO, from looking at the pictures ?
he took a perfectly good '73 Charger BB Rallye Car, poop brown as it was, and RUINED IT !

And now someone is supposed to bail him out to the tune of $37K ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

500Jon

Totally awesome thread!

A Moparmate buys a stripped out 70 Charger against my advice.

I explain to him in great length that 68/70 Chargers are the 'Holy grail' of Mopars and must be treated like GODS...
I told him a few years back not to buy the car as it needs everything, (but it is number match drivetrain) and resto is a MONEY-PIT.
He buys the car so my next advice was not to restomod as it will never get any resale value!

Now he has lucked into a big sum of money 'selling a house' and wants someone to do the car for him now.(that is a very tricky ask indeed)

Now reading some of this article I may have steered him wrong... :brickwall:

I've seen a restmod silver C500 and thought, sacrilege...but hey I like silver and restomod is COOLIO now??? :slap:

Restomod is the future and stock 14'' wheeled 383 SE's are just so crappy and worthless... :nana:
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

JR

Regarding that 73:

There are several old trucks bringing 30-40k or more.

Broncos, some C10s, FJs, Land Cruisers, Wagoneers, and a few others.

The problem is the nicest, most perfect example of a 73-74 charger is maybe, 25-30k on a good day?

Seems like the guy is trying to recoup every cent he spent on it.

That only works if you have a very desirable car to start with, and did all the labor yourself.

He's gonna sit on that one for a while. Which is a shame. Aside from the orange/tan interior combination, I really like it.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

ACUDANUT

If was a 71-72 R/T or Rallye, then yes.  :2thumbs:
73-74 Chargers imo are grandma cars. :icon_smile_big:

VegasCharger

Quote from: Kern Dog on January 17, 2017, 04:25:57 AM
Vegas, that is a cool looking rig. I like the grille.   :2thumbs:

Yep, internet find.

VegasCharger

Here's another one on FleaBay from Vanguard.

1968 Charger R/T

Nice car but....
Wood grain console, R/T stripes misaligned, some BS special order tag in place of the fender tag(this is mentioned on the video) and list goes on and on.

You would think they would have someone knowledgeable doing the video. These A$$ Clowns don't know too much about this 68. Never mentions it's an R/T, doesn't know the gear ratio, "nice painted door edges" LMAO, brings up the fact that the so called special order tag where the fender tag should be, the driver seems uneducated about Mopar as well. These guys were handed a script and blah blah blah.

eBay link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Dodge-Charger-/381909309166?forcerrptr=true&hash=item58eb9196ee:g:FBMAAOSwopRYa7tZ&item=381909309166

YouTube link: (this is attached within the eBay listing as well)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyXkh44NzJc&feature=youtu.be

Dino

Quote from: VegasCharger on January 19, 2017, 08:23:16 AM

1968 Charger R/T

Nice car but....
Wood grain console, R/T stripes misaligned, some BS special order tag in place of the fender tag(this is mentioned on the video) and list goes on and on.

You would think they would have someone knowledgeable doing the video. These A$$ Clowns don't know too much about this 68. Never mentions it's an R/T, doesn't know the gear ratio, "nice painted door edges" LMAO, brings up the fact that the so called special order tag where the fender tag should be, the driver seems uneducated about Mopar as well. These guys were handed a script and blah blah blah.

eBay link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Dodge-Charger-/381909309166?forcerrptr=true&hash=item58eb9196ee:g:FBMAAOSwopRYa7tZ&item=381909309166

Vanguard's not too far from me. They're ripoffs like so many of these places.

It's not an R/T by the way. VIN: XP29F8B303142

green69rt

Quote from: Dino on January 19, 2017, 08:36:35 AM
Quote from: VegasCharger on January 19, 2017, 08:23:16 AM

1968 Charger R/T

Nice car but....

eBay link:

Beat me to it.  Pretty, but not for 90K.

70 sublime

I liked how hard he pushed every time he shut the doors to make sure they would latch  ;)
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

VegasCharger

Damn missed that.  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Dino

Quote from: VegasCharger on January 19, 2017, 09:30:10 AM

Damn missed that.  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

You're banned from the board!   :lol: