News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Delusional Charger sellers

Started by Homerr, November 09, 2014, 02:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FY1 Charger

How can you tell that the car is full of mud from online pictures?

chargerboy69

Quote from: FY1 Charger on February 20, 2017, 11:38:58 PM
How can you tell that the car is full of mud from online pictures?

Which one?

The General is easy, the quarters are not even close to the correct shape plus the valance corners are mudded in.

Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Mike DC

That General looks like it was slammed together just to sell it.  Probably shill bidding involved.  See if it goes up again in a few months. 

elks

Never seen a corner valance like that before.Must have been a non mopar guy who put that thing together.

green69rt

Quote from: elks on February 21, 2017, 02:43:22 PM
Never seen a corner valance like that before.Must have been a non mopar guy who put that thing together.

Wouldn't take much to just hammer it back in line and putty it over to look better than now.

chargerperson

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Dodge-Charger-/192116146348?hash=item2cbb03c0ac:g:24QAAOSwXSJXOlwj&vxp=mtr

Think this one may have been on the thread previously but thought I would share

Great car, 67 Hemi Charger which i believe was restored by RK Motors.  Based on other first generation hemi sales, suspect the car is worth at most half the list price, probably a little less.  But if you have $250K it can be yours

chargerboy69

Two days ago when he listed the car, he had a Buy It Now of $115,000.00.  Now he is down to $95,000.00.  At this rate, in another three weeks, the car may be a decent buy.  ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Dodge-Charger-/192118309153?hash=item2cbb24c121:g:B10AAOSwax5YuDsZ&vxp=mtr
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

alfaitalia

Lol....nice fitting grill!....and put a 69 one in.....might fit better too!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Dino

"As far as sending more pics...I had trouble with these few"

In other words, he's not going to send you any pictures despite these being the size of a postage stamp. What a total douche.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

chargerperson

Quote from: Dino on March 04, 2017, 10:36:25 AM

In other words, he's not going to send you any pictures despite these being the size of a postage stamp. What a total douche.

And four of the 19 pictures are of the trailer

Dino

Quote from: chargerperson on March 04, 2017, 12:00:16 PM

And four of the 19 pictures are of the trailer

Haha yeah, this guy's a winner!

VegasCharger

You need this when viewing his eBay ad pictures............ :scope: :scope: :scope:

:smilielol: :smilielol:

And yea WTF is with the trailer pics?? Is that really going to help the sale of the car??

And I don't need to read about what project you need to focus on next and what trophies you've won just because you have to sell your over priced Frankenstein Charger.                                                                                                                                                                                                         

70 sublime

Maybe the trailer comes with it for the pice he is asking   :shruggy: :shruggy:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

lukedukem

Quote from: 70 sublime on March 06, 2017, 05:51:38 AM
Maybe the trailer comes with it for the pice he is asking   :shruggy: :shruggy:

At that price you would think so, but I found this in the payment section of the ad:

Pay Cash or have it financed thru your bank...I will work close with your banker. Buyer is responsible for Pickup or Shipping...28 foot enclosed trailer is also for sale.... It does not come with Car for sale (the car is in it now) buy Both and pull Both Home...Trailer $10,000.00....(extra)...

So the trailer is a little extra.

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

verticalflight

Kern Dog

This thread is NOT to promote or announce you OWN stuff. It is meant to insult and berate delusional idiots that are under the impression that their car is worth 3 times its actual value.

Cncguy

Quote from: verticalflight on March 07, 2017, 02:08:21 AM
I'll play.... here is my recent listing on eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/132115353249

Yep delusional! Maybe delusional buyers also.

ht4spd307

self confessed  :image_294343: :image_294343: :image_294343: cant argue with that

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 07, 2017, 03:38:06 AM
This thread is NOT to promote or announce you OWN stuff. It is meant to insult and berate delusional idiots that are under the impression that their car is worth 3 times its actual value.

It's hard enough getting enough of your money back on a quality restoration, but it's always more of a financial blood bath on customized cars, no matter the make. This is not a knock on the silver 70 Charger, rather it's just reality. Personally, I like the drivetrain, suspension and interior, but deviating from the stock exterior is not my cup of tea.

Good luck with the sale.

Homerr

Whether you're 'delusional' will depend on what the reserve is.

alfaitalia

....and I was just about to buy that restomod grey 70.....when I noticed the iconic fuel filler delete.....killed it for me! LOL! Somethings (namely the classic Charger parts, tail light shape, silhouette, fenders, hood, instruments and fuel filler) just cannot be improved upon!. Just my opinion of course...YMMV. Other than that its a great car....and I'm not the No1 fan of 70s. Values on something that has been built to one mans taste will always be inflated by the seller imo.....as he's the only person (probably) who will like everything about it.....it will be a compromise for anyone else. I'm going to be in the same boat...a car built to my tastes.....(but with none of the aforementioned parts changed....well, apart from hole in hood!!)......that will not have a HUGE value to anyone except me....but since I'm keeping it forever I don't care. Would be doing a very different build if I had plans to sell after completion. The 70 is already above what I would pay.....will be interesting to see how high it goes and whether she makes reserve.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

RCCDrew

Great car, but I don't know why you would remove the awesome stock taillights and put in those Challenger lights. The originals were awesome and now you have old style Challenger tail lights. Car is new but already looks dated.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 07, 2017, 03:38:06 AM

[quote author=Kern Dog link=topic=114356.msg1591492#msg1591492 date=1488875886]
This thread is NOT to promote or announce your OWN stuff. It is meant to insult and berate delusional idiots that are under the impression that their car is worth 3 times its actual value.
[/quote]
However 100k PLUS, for this ?  :brickwall:
Fiat 6.1 does nothing for me.
Fixed it for you Korndog.  :nana:

Kern Dog

I appreciate the craftsmanship in that charcoal gray 70 Charger. The 100K price is a scary number but considering it a checkbook car NOT built by an enthusiast in his own garage, you can probably understand the higher price tag.

Dino

If I recall, the asking price was ~ 3x this.