News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Delusional Charger sellers

Started by Homerr, November 09, 2014, 02:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike DC

QuoteThat car is a turd from the back 40. The only thing worth any $$ on that wreck is interior peices, grill, doors & possibly some misc. trinkets...
Barely worth 2k, the only reason its at 5k is the seller is putting good value on the vin/title, but the car is roasted so it would be a rebody anyhow.

That price seems within the line of market value these days.  

Whether it's a financially smart move to restore it?  Totally different issue.  

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on July 28, 2017, 02:07:49 PM
QuoteThat car is a turd from the back 40. The only thing worth any $$ on that wreck is interior peices, grill, doors & possibly some misc. trinkets...
Barely worth 2k, the only reason its at 5k is the seller is putting good value on the vin/title, but the car is roasted so it would be a rebody anyhow.

That price seems within the line of market value these days.  

Whether it's a financially smart move to restore it?  Totally different issue.  

I agree, since it started life as a real RT....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Vegas_Nick

Quote from: JR on July 09, 2017, 06:09:15 PM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 09, 2017, 05:12:31 AM

In other words, even if there's nothing left of a Dodge Charger but scrap metal, said scrap metal is so sacred that it should be save just in case someone wants to turn it into a Bobby Issac Daytona clone or the next George Barris custom, even if no one wants to do it. I got it now.    :2thumbs:

I know you're being sarcastic, but, yes, exactly. Say if I wanted to rebody a tube frame stock car chassis with a 2nd gen body for track day use. Like this:

That's exactly where my 74 is going! That is one sexy Chevelle!

Now, would you prefer I cut up a mint example, (like your 68) or would you prefer I use the wrecked and rusted hulk of that 70 that diehard chalk mark restoration guys such as yourself would otherwise send to the crusher?

I don't understand how any car guy couldn't see the potential in that shell.

FY1 Charger

VegasCharger

Quote from: FY1 Charger on July 30, 2017, 08:24:41 AM
If i recall correctly I think the auction ended a few days ago at around 27K, now its at 37,500K

WOW nice SHITTY upside down cellphone pics for a car listed for 37k.  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Moparsaver

Quote from: FY1 Charger on July 30, 2017, 08:24:41 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Dodge-Charger-RT-SE-/192261811835?hash=item2cc3b26e7b:g:8VQAAOSwy79Zcwtl&vxp=mtr

If i recall correctly I think the auction ended a few days ago at around 27K, now its at 37,500K
.          High bid was $22,950.00 with a buy it now of $42,500.00.      Didn't sell.   :Twocents:

FY1 Charger

But at least it's a barn find!

alfaitalia

Jeez....and that $5.5K does not even include the replacement interior parts he has for it!. That needs the numbers cut out of it and to be tied to a chain then dropped off a ship. A boat anchor is about the only use for that!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

funknut

Listed with an XP29 VIN as well...

VegasCharger

Quote from: timmycharger on August 02, 2017, 09:58:44 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Dodge-Charger-/222595428641?hash=item33d3b8b121:g:X1AAAOSw5rdZeo2U&vxp=mtr

Terrible sideways phone pics to boot!!

Great candidate for the delusional Mike.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

As you said crappy sideways pics. What this punk did was take vertical pics with his phone (so annoying) and turned them sideways to fill the screen.

This seller has the audacity to ask 72.5K w/o detailed info or w/o quality detailed pics for a 68 Charger non R/T ?

Looks like a descent body but LMAO on those seats. :smilielol:

Zero feedback rating (newbie).

Stevearino

Diggin' the little cut out cars on the inside door panel.

bigdsul

Quote from: timmycharger on August 02, 2017, 09:58:44 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Dodge-Charger-/222595428641?hash=item33d3b8b121:g:X1AAAOSw5rdZeo2U&vxp=mtr

Terrible sideways phone pics to boot!!

There is so much wrong with this car and too little right for the car to be worth 72k. It would be worth 25 to 27k as it sets with all the stuff wrong that needs to be addressed. Damn seeing these sorts of posts are getting more frequent.

Luckily there's a real nice 1968 charger on fleabay located in Canada that is going for a more realistic price.

ht4spd307

love those little charger cutouts didn't Norman the German in another thread want some charger cut outs
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,129668.0.html

5hunert

And the buying public's verdict is in.  Delusional price.  Don't think good pictures coulda saved that one.

Kern Dog

Wow... The market and the buying public got this one right. :2thumbs:

BDF

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

BDF

Stevearino

Mike DC

"Good restoration no rust."