News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Delusional Charger sellers

Started by Homerr, November 09, 2014, 02:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike DC

Quotehttps://atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/cto/d/1968-dodge-charger/6255188126.html

OMFG! 

That car is one helluva monument to bad taste. 

It's like the builder was intentionally looking for the worst possible things to crash together.  The GL pushbar & paint slashes . .  . the yellow paint in too many places . . . the too-big Daytona wing . . . '56 Ford dashboard . . . hood cutout & air cleaner . . . goofy rear bumper shaping . . . and then modern wheels & tires, just to make sure the car doesn't work as a legit 1993 time-capsule, either . . . 

alfaitalia

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on August 13, 2017, 01:21:37 PM
Quotehttps://atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/cto/d/1968-dodge-charger/6255188126.html

OMFG! 

It's like the builder was intentionally looking for the worst possible things to crash together.  The GL pushbar & paint slashes . .  . the yellow paint in too many places . . . the too-big Daytona wing . . . '56 Ford dashboard . . . hood cutout & air cleaner . . . goofy rear bumper shaping . . . and then modern wheels & tires, just to make sure the car doesn't work as a legit 1993 time-capsule, either . . . 

I agree with everything you said there....the dash is particularly horrid. If your are going to transplant a dash into a car then why not choose a car that actually had a nice dash in the first place. The angle of the intake through the hood is all wrong to imo...but that's the least of that poor cars worries! :hah:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Stevearino

Quote from: alfaitalia on August 13, 2017, 05:30:04 PM
Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on August 13, 2017, 01:21:37 PM

OMFG! 

I agree with everything you said there....the dash is particularly horrid. If your are going to transplant a dash into a car then why not choose a car that actually had a nice dash in the first place. The angle of the intake through the hood is all wrong to imo...but that's the least of that poor cars worries! :hah:

On the upside for a substantial discount based on what you would have to do to make it right there is nothing there that could not be easily undone....well the interior would be a challenge. Hence my suggestion to the seller to consider a steep price cut.

RCCDrew

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

alfaitalia

Yep...definitely looks black to me.

Homerr

I've looked at the steering wheel shot now on 4 monitors.  Looks green to me.  Maybe I've gone colorblind.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Homerr on August 14, 2017, 11:17:36 PM
I've looked at the steering wheel shot now on 4 monitors.  Looks green to me.  Maybe I've gone colorblind.
Okay, not that I've ever had to defend any of my posts, due to me being a perfect angel in all aspects, of course...(LOL) but regarding your thought, yes, I do see a greenish hue on the wheel on my home monitor. ;)  However, I would guess it's probably due to the camera or flash. The rest of the interior is definitely black from what I can tell from the pics posted in the ad. :)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

68X426

Classy interior.

Does he think no one will notice until after he grabs $25000?

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

RCCDrew

Maybe he's in the Air Force. Aim High.

ACUDANUT

Do you fully understand that Phrase "OMFG".  :brickwall:  Go to church my friend.

alfaitalia

....really?......£7000..?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DODGE-CHARGER-AERO-CAR-SUPERBIRD-WING-PROJECT-NEEDS-FINISHING-EASY-JOBS-/253088303527?hash=item3aed3d09a7:g:U3kAAOSwfcBZjEtb

...those wing mounts are real a craftsmans work aren't they?...and those beautiful headlight cut outs...work to be proud of...if you were Stevie Wonder. £7000 that's about $9050 at today's rate! "Easy jobs"? It needs a floor for Crisakes! I don't smoke but if I did I would want some of his "very special" backy!

chargerboy69

Well, it is the cheapest one I have seen in a while.  ;)
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

alfaitalia

Lennard

Quote from: alfaitalia on September 03, 2017, 07:13:21 AM
Hmmmm.......         http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C815129

- No Title: Come Bill of sale, out of DMV system.

How do they get it through customs without a title?

alfaitalia

Quote from: Lennard on September 03, 2017, 07:33:41 AM
Quote from: alfaitalia on September 03, 2017, 07:13:21 AM
Hmmmm.......         http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C815129

- No Title: Come Bill of sale, out of DMV system.

How do they get it through customs without a title?

Don't know but it happens.....that's how I got mine. Direct from Cali.....no title?....hell mine has no VIN !! ....and no doubt a hidden and very dubious history to go with it...LOL! Got a UK DVLA issued one now....which was easy enough.

Got a feeling the car was exported as "spares" rather than a complete car.....it almost WAS spares!!

alfaitalia

That is just madness....for a repop as well. Id want the genuine item....attached to a NOS fender for that money!!!