News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Delusional Charger sellers

Started by Homerr, November 09, 2014, 02:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegasCharger

Quote from: Obi Ben Dover on March 18, 2018, 04:39:49 PM
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Dodge-Charger-R-T/132538557601?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140725133649%26meid%3D2fb7393a815d44bda494d659794a5474%26pid%3D100276%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D4%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D222881391974%26itm%3D132538557601&_trksid=p2060778.c100276.m3476

Will need just about everything with a starting bid of $26,000.00

It is however a triple black 4spd car.

At least this seller cleaned/cleared the floor boards to be somewhat presentable. Unlike the Jack A$$e$ asking 40k+ for their Charger and the carpet has debris and crumbs on the carpet.

Neat Charger however. :cheers:

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: VegasCharger on March 18, 2018, 10:35:54 PM

At least this seller cleaned/cleared the floor boards to be somewhat presentable. 

That does seem to be rare today. How conscientious of him.

Wasco

6pkrtse

I want the car (but not for that much). He can keep the truck. As much as I love ramp trucks, it has to be a Dodge though.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

Challenger340

In this market ?

I'm starting to believe there is no such thing anymore as a "delusional" Seller ?   
Just me I guess,
but the last few sales I have personal knowledge of ..... ALL had elements of "irrational exuberance" exhibited by the Buyer's to acquire, with equally irrational(IMO), unsuccessful competitors.   

Fundamentals of supply and demand being what they are, I find it VERY strange that this pressure seems to be dragging the bottom UP at a far faster rate ? versus, what the finer examples are appreciating ? if at all ?

I mean how is $20-$30K justified and PAID, for a Car requiring $60K-$70K to restore at a minimum, when comparable examples can still be acquired already restored, and done, for the same $60-$70K ?

Makes NO sense to me !
Only wimps wear Bowties !

BrugeeRT

I think the exact same thing every time I read one of these posts.. but then there are some for sale that are just priced ridiculously.
Mark

Bad B-rad

Quote from: Challenger340 on March 24, 2018, 09:19:32 AM
In this market ?

I'm starting to believe there is no such thing anymore as a "delusional" Seller ?   
Just me I guess,
but the last few sales I have personal knowledge of ..... ALL had elements of "irrational exuberance" exhibited by the Buyer's to acquire, with equally irrational(IMO), unsuccessful competitors.   

Fundamentals of supply and demand being what they are, I find it VERY strange that this pressure seems to be dragging the bottom UP at a far faster rate ? versus, what the finer examples are appreciating ? if at all ?

I mean how is $20-$30K justified and PAID, for a Car requiring $60K-$70K to restore at a minimum, when comparable examples can still be acquired already restored, and done, for the same $60-$70K ?

Makes NO sense to me !

I know!
I can only guess most of the better examples are in the garages of people who really are not interested in sell their cars.
Also looks as if maybe these cars are really selling for more money then the "price guides" say they are worth.

And its not just Chargers, even the cars that used to be thought of as less desireable, are on the quick rise.
4 doors, wagons(and I like wagons) the late 70's roadrunners, Shelby Chargers.

I was out of the loop for a bit, had family/health issues to deal with, so had to take a break from the hobby, and I came back 4-5 years later, and BAM the 2nd gen Chargers have been leading the pack of high priced car.
I understand a sweet, fully restored Charger R/T or non R/T getting the money they deserve, but the project prices have just gone wild(just like the girls)
It  is just a fact of life right now.
I feel I got a  fair deal on my 1969, I had been looking for about while, but I had the money, and was REALLY looking for 8 months, and I found only a few "fair" deals. I wish I didnt HAVE to pay so much, but having been watching the prices of those cars, I really thought it was gonna go for $4-5000 more then my bid, so I was kind of shocked I was the wining bidder.

But as for cars that are sold at a price fair for both sides of the deal, I see less and less of them.
Every Charger seller(prob me if I had to sell, LOL) wants to hit a grand slam, and make retirement money on their cars.

Besides e bay, we have no way of knowing what they really sell for vs what the asking price is.
But I feel like most people pay what they have to, because the love the cars, and want one, more so then get a fair deal on one.

Bad B-rad

Also the truck/Charger combo, includes a new windshield?  I wonder why? :scratchchin:

yeah because the roof/A piller is super easy to fix, it was totaly getting that new windsheild that is a bitch and semi deal breaker!!
If he installed the windsheild with 5-7 tubes of the automotive windsheild sealant, it would actuly be a good idea to help keep the weather out.

I also never get when you want to sell something worth over $2500 bucks, you need more then 4 photos.

Mike DC

People are literally gonna be paying $18k for rusted-out bare shells, and Dynacorn is still gonna be telling us there isn't enough demand for a new repro shell.

Bad B-rad

I have always wondered why they do not make reproduction bodies,as like "kit cars" like the cobra's you can buy.
With all they guys doing restomods,I would think a high quality steel body(like AMD panels), that allow you to use a modern suspension, and brakes, and engine trans combos, would sell like a MO FO.(Charger/Cuda/Roadrunner)

Do they still make the Mustang and Camaro Bodies?

Kern Dog

A replacement body would be a great thing. Make it with bigger rear wheelhouses so a 295 can fit without rubbing! I run a 295-45-18 and mine is lowered only a slight amount. With a full tank and 2 people, I'll get some inner wheelhouse contact.

Mike DC

QuoteA replacement body would be a great thing. Make it with bigger rear wheelhouses so a 295 can fit without rubbing! I run a 295-45-18 and mine is lwered only a slight amount. With a full tank and 2 people, I'll get some inner wheelhouse contact.

Meh.  Give people enough room for a 295, and they will just stuff a 315 in there and complain that it rubs. 

6pkrtse

A reproduction body would be awesome since these cars are getting harder & harder to find. That way all of the movie companies can smash those up also instead of originals. And to those SEMA or Autorama type builds that most of them just ruin a nice looking Charger.

I have 295's under the rear of my Charger & it's all stock with no rubbing. 295/50-15's though. LOL.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

will

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 24, 2018, 03:03:34 PM
A replacement body would be a great thing. Make it with bigger rear wheelhouses so a 295 can fit without rubbing! I run a 295-45-18 and mine is lowered only a slight amount. With a full tank and 2 people, I'll get some inner wheelhouse contact.
Have you tried wheel spacers? Maybe stack some washers behind just to eyeball where it's rubbing and get the proper spacer. I had that issue and had to put a small spacer in, I think they're Mr. Gasket 5/16
'

Bad B-rad

Quote from: 6pkrtse on March 26, 2018, 07:46:35 AM
A reproduction body would be awesome since these cars are getting harder & harder to find. That way all of the movie companies can smash those up also instead of originals. And to those SEMA or Autorama type builds that most of them just ruin a nice looking Charger.

You are SO CORRECT!!!!!
Seams like everytime you turn around they are doing another custom Charger for a film.

charger chris

i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

ACUDANUT

1200 for a radiator hose ??  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

birdsandbees

Gino wouldn't spend the time listing them if there wasn't someone out there willing to pay that for 50 year old rubber for their concurs machine. Hope it was stored in the dark. Anyone wants an NOS map light for your '68/69, he has one of those for $450 too...  :icon_smile_big:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

PP1RT

How about the delusional buyers? You know the ones that make an offer about 1/3rd of your asking price on something that is priced in the market range?They are the most irritating people.

Next up would be the ones that cant afford something so they bitch about the prices because it's the markets fault they can't afford something. For some reason the market should be aligned with their bank account. Heaven forbid you having to work a little harder to get something you want.

If it sells in the range of the asking price then thats what the market will bear. If it doesnt sell then it is overpriced.

chargerboy69

I ran a Nitto 555 285 40 18 for years on my white 69 and it never rubbed, ever.  I even had 1.5" lowering blocks in the springs.

I also ran a 295 45 18 and it also rubbed with the family, it was very annoying so I traded them out. I was nervous about the profile being to low but it wasnt, it even looked better than the 45 profile.

Sorry for the off topic.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Bad B-rad

Kern Dog

Quote from: chargerboy69 on March 29, 2018, 02:37:11 PM

I ran a Nitto 555 285 40 18 for years on my white 69 and it never rubbed, ever.  I even had 1.5" lowering blocks in the springs.

I also ran a 295 45 18 and it also rubbed with the family, it was very annoying so I traded them out. I was nervous about the profile being to low but it wasnt, it even looked better than the 45 profile.

Sorry for the off topic.

No, I thank you for mentioning in. I am thinking of switching to a 40 series rear tire.