News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Delusional Charger sellers

Started by Homerr, November 09, 2014, 02:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

Quote from: Oneofthesedays on September 04, 2018, 10:43:45 PM
But a clone seems to get a bad rap also, or just maybe not valued as high. Even if you take a non r/t and Chang the motor, tranny, suspension, badges - still doesn't seem to get near the same value
That is my point as well. My car is not an original R/T but it now has everything an R/T would have had and a lot more. I'd beat a stock R/T in every category now except fuel economy!

chargervert

I plan on being deeply involved in this thread, as soon as I get my 70 Charger R / T  V code car on the market!  With the numbers I have seen these cars selling for these days, it has made me realize that it is time to sell the car. While I had every intention of restoring this car,changes that have happened to my pension, and retirement date ,have made me realize that I am seven years away from even starting on the car. I  have sold off eight project cars in the last year, and I will consider cutting more loose too. I  have 10 other projects that I plan on doing, most of them are Chargers.  I  have had to face the fact that I will not be able to build all the cars I have, and pass some of them on to people who will get them done. 

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: chargervert on September 06, 2018, 07:24:59 AM
I plan on being deeply involved in this thread, as soon as I get my 70 Charger R / T  V code car on the market!  With the numbers I have seen these cars selling for these days, it has made me realize that it is time to sell the car. While I had every intention of restoring this car,changes that have happened to my pension, and retirement date ,have made me realize that I am seven years away from even starting on the car. I  have sold off eight project cars in the last year, and I will consider cutting more loose too. I  have 10 other projects that I plan on doing, most of them are Chargers.  I  have had to face the fact that I will not be able to build all the cars I have, and pass some of them on to people who will get them done. 

10 projects that sounds like 20 years of work right there.

timmycharger

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on September 06, 2018, 10:48:38 AM

Wait, my 1 car took 20 years to finish  :scratchchin:  :rofl:

chargervert

We will see if I am delusional or not soon.  I have more projects than I can build in the time I have left. It was not easy facing the facts.

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: timmycharger on September 06, 2018, 10:59:46 AM

my 70 is going on 10 years too. Still hasnt moved under its own power.

6pkrtse

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on September 06, 2018, 11:43:07 AM
Quote from: timmycharger on September 06, 2018, 10:59:46 AM

my 70 is going on 10 years too. Still hasnt moved under its own power.

Same with my 70' Challenger. Going on 10 years & still haven't driven it down the road yet but it is getting close. I can say I have heard it run though at least since I dyno'd it.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

chargervert

There was a time when I could build a car a year,but that's not a realistic expectation anymore. It takes me three to five years to put anything together these days.

green69rt

Just checked the title transfer date on my charger.  I drove it into the garage and that was the last time it moved under its own power.  07/31/2007.  But the good news is that it now sits on its suspension and tires.  Got myself a roller!

Johnp

What do you guys think of this not a charger but still a b body. The description is very vague but he says the frame rails are good just needs floor work but in the pics you notice there no torsion cross member or torsion bars and in one pic it's alittle hard to see he has a cement block holding the car up so it's sitting almost normal height, I just thought it looks alittle deceitful not mentioning that part in the description...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Dodge-Coronet/302876193291?hash=item4684d3f20b:g:6YQAAOSwWlFblDYg&vxp=mtr

Otherwise it looks like a decent project car

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: chargervert on September 06, 2018, 12:46:16 PM
There was a time when I could build a car a year,but that's not a realistic expectation anymore. It takes me three to five years to put anything together these days.

Slacker

green69rt

Quote from: Johnp on September 09, 2018, 06:05:58 AM
What do you guys think of this not a charger but still a b body. The description is very vague but he says the frame rails are good just needs floor work but in the pics you notice there no torsion cross member or torsion bars and in one pic it's alittle hard to see he has a cement block holding the car up so it's sitting almost normal height, I just thought it looks alittle deceitful not mentioning that part in the description...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Dodge-Coronet/302876193291?hash=item4684d3f20b:g:6YQAAOSwWlFblDYg&vxp=mtr

There's considerably more wrong with this car than is mentioned in the description and I would need more pictures, especially underneath the car.  Looks like he should have mentioned that the back window sheet metal is rotted, looks like the left front fender has some holes, at least one rear foot well needs replacement.  Any interior come with the car?   I wonder what lurks under that vinyl top?

But, nothing that we haven't seen before.  I'd need to see a lot more before making any kind of bid.  Given the crazy prices I'm seeing for old Mopars today, he might get what he's asking.

ACUDANUT

That thing needs everything. Scrap Yard imo.

darbgnik

Quote from: Johnp on September 09, 2018, 06:05:58 AM

Some car needed the torsion bar cross member more than this one did.......  :shruggy:
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

Dave Kanofsky

I love '70 Coronets, but...yikes.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

RECHRGD

That car has the highly desired 1970 option.  The 1968 appearance package.......
13.53 @ 105.32

chargervert

My 70 has the highly desired option that the 68 and 69 don't have!

INTMD8

Quote from: RECHRGD on September 11, 2018, 10:16:04 AM
That car has the highly desired 1970 option.  The 1968 appearance package.......

Nice  :lol:
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

green69rt

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on September 11, 2018, 09:39:53 AM
How about a delusional dumbass......

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Dodge-Charger/163251677386?hash=item26028ee8ca:g:qZAAAOSwzyBbl0H9&vxp=mtr

How many of us would make the mistake of calling this a 70?   He says this is his baby, does he not know what he's got?

Edit: ok, now after looking closely, I think I see the ignition switch on the column and the consol looks different.  I wonder if he has a 70 with 68 fenders.  Can't see the tail panel   :shruggy:

timmycharger

Probably stating the obvious but it looks like someone put a 70 Dash in there with the 70 vin tag as that doesn't look like a 68 VIN.

Looks like an E body console or for a third Gen B Body..

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: timmycharger on September 11, 2018, 02:18:50 PM
Probably stating the obvious but it looks like someone put a 70 Dash in there with the 70 vin tag as that doesn't look like a 68 VIN.

You are correct. From the ad...

"Sorry for not including this in the original post but the numbers on the radiator mount do match the VIN, I will try to update a photo of this soon when there is light to go outside and snag a photo."

And he want's 46 large for it! Who wants to step up to message this guy to tell him that he's got a 68 car with a 70 dash with VIN numbers that don't belong on the car.....and that now all he's got is a parts car?   :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: :lol:

VegasCharger

Quote from: timmycharger on September 11, 2018, 02:18:50 PM

Correct on the console!   1970-74 E Body & 1971-74 B Body

taxspeaker

Look at the impressive wiring job going through the firewall. I particularly admire the starter relay attachment to the wiper motor with a twist tie. I think the car might burn up before the 68/70 issue is resolved.

timmycharger

Quote from: taxspeaker on September 11, 2018, 03:09:01 PM
Look at the impressive wiring job going through the firewall. I particularly admire the starter relay attachment to the wiper motor with a twist tie. I think the car might burn up before the 68/70 issue is resolved.

:smilielol:

Safety first!