News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Delusional Charger sellers

Started by Homerr, November 09, 2014, 02:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

I don't see Item description anymore on e-bay add's. Where is it ?? :shruggy: :scratchchin: :brickwall:

ACUDANUT

Quote from: ACUDANUT on March 13, 2019, 10:03:09 PM
Not a Charger but 16k for a 76 chevy truck ? https://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/d/oak-grove-1976-gmc-3-4-ton-4x4-truck/6829143028.html

If his 76 Truck is 16K, I hope I can get at least 6K for my 82 Dodge Step side. 318 auto. Very little rust on doors.
Any Takers ?

Kern Dog

The 73-87 Chevy is a classic style that has really gained in popularity in the last few years. The short bed fleet side is commonly referred to as the "Short-Wide".

galvarado

This is my first time posting here.  I've owned mostly GM F-bodies and am looking to acquire my first Mopar.  Seeing some of the asking prices out there I was beginning to think I was just a cheap bastard.  After reading through this thread I'm glad to see there are others out there that also think some of the asking prices are outrageous.  Especially people that own Mopars.  Anyway, I did find this:  https://www.cars-on-line.com/gen3-cars/col1/posting/88831

Perhaps this ad has been posted before.  I don't think his price is delusional, but it seems like the ad is a bit vague.  Or is it just me?  Or as I said before, maybe I'm just being cheap.

darbgnik

Quote from: galvarado on April 01, 2019, 09:59:59 AM
This is my first time posting here.  I've owned mostly GM F-bodies and am looking to acquire my first Mopar.  Seeing some of the asking prices out there I was beginning to think I was just a cheap bastard.  After reading through this thread I'm glad to see there are others out there that also think some of the asking prices are outrageous.  Especially people that own Mopars.  Anyway, I did find this:  https://www.cars-on-line.com/gen3-cars/col1/posting/88831

Perhaps this ad has been posted before.  I don't think his price is delusional, but it seems like the ad is a bit vague.  Or is it just me?  Or as I said before, maybe I'm just being cheap.

If it's true to the add, I'd probably pay pretty close to the ask..... It is in Canada though, which is fine for me.
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

Mike DC

QuoteThis is my first time posting here.  I've owned mostly GM F-bodies and am looking to acquire my first Mopar.  Seeing some of the asking prices out there I was beginning to think I was just a cheap bastard.  After reading through this thread I'm glad to see there are others out there that also think some of the asking prices are outrageous.  Especially people that own Mopars.  Anyway, I did find this:  https://www.cars-on-line.com/gen3-cars/col1/posting/88831

Perhaps this ad has been posted before.  I don't think his price is delusional, but it seems like the ad is a bit vague.  Or is it just me?  Or as I said before, maybe I'm just being cheap.

Mopars are expensive because they had low production numbers.  There were only about 232,000 second-gen Dodge Chargers produced in 1968-70.  Compare that to about 843,000 first-gen Camaros.    

Mopars also rusted like crazy.  The body tolerances were crappy and the paint finishes were no better.  

And the repro parts industry basically didn't believe Mopars existed until the last decade or so.  Seriously.  In the Bush/Obama era they finally started reproducing parts that were needed back in the 1980s.  (I don't mean obscure low-market stuff.  I mean basic first-line stuff like plastic grilles, floor pans, dashpads, etc.)  TONS of Mopars were scrapped over the years because we had no decent affordable parts.  Now the parts are finally here but it's too late for many of the cars that could have been restored.  

72Charger72

So agree Mike DC I could have bought a 69 Charger back in the day for very cheap but I elected to buy a 73 because I could get "some" parts. There were no parts for the 69 and no internet to find them. I think the internet was what really started the resto craze. my  :Twocents:

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on April 02, 2019, 03:53:04 AM
QuoteThis is my first time posting here.  I've owned mostly GM F-bodies and am looking to acquire my first Mopar.  Seeing some of the asking prices out there I was beginning to think I was just a cheap bastard.  After reading through this thread I'm glad to see there are others out there that also think some of the asking prices are outrageous.  Especially people that own Mopars.  Anyway, I did find this:  https://www.cars-on-line.com/gen3-cars/col1/posting/88831

Perhaps this ad has been posted before.  I don't think his price is delusional, but it seems like the ad is a bit vague.  Or is it just me?  Or as I said before, maybe I'm just being cheap.

Mopars are expensive because they had low production numbers.  There were only about 232,000 second-gen Dodge Chargers produced in 1968-70.  Compare that to about 843,000 first-gen Camaros.    

Mopars also rusted like crazy.  The body tolerances were crappy and the paint finishes were no better.  

And the repro parts industry basically didn't believe Mopars existed until the last decade or so.  Seriously.  In the Bush/Obama era they finally started reproducing parts that were needed back in the 1980s.  (I don't mean obscure low-market stuff.  I mean basic first-line stuff like plastic grilles, floor pans, dashpads, etc.)  TONS of Mopars were scrapped over the years because we had no decent affordable parts.  Now the parts are finally here but it's too late for many of the cars that could have been restored.  

stripedelete

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on April 02, 2019, 03:53:04 AM

You forgot one.

In Chrysler Bailout 1.0 the government allowed Chrysler to write off all obsolete inventory at full value with the stipulation it was destroyed.   Poof!  All that was left was on the dealers shelves. 

(The sheet metal was crushed.  However, there was some slightly bent sheet metal popping up at swap meets for a while. )

galvarado

I figured with the lower production numbers and the rust issues, prices would be higher.  I've got no issue paying good money for a good car though.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Dodge-Charger/273788989339?hash=item3fbf186f9b:g:DXwAAOSwd89cos60

I like this one if it stays around $30K.  But as I said, I'm not familiar with Mopars so I could be way off base.   :lol:

Mytur Binsdirti

Y1CHARGER

would of been interesting to see it in person with the twin turbos still on it. :scratchchin:

galvarado

70 sublime

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on April 05, 2019, 07:54:53 AM
Niiiiiice!

Wonder why there is a notch cut into the torsion bar frame cross member on the bottom side ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

INTMD8

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on April 05, 2019, 07:54:53 AM
Niiiiiice!

PNW is the best place to find anything rust free, IMO.  Less baked interiors than down south as well.
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

alfaitalia

Might just be the photo but that chassis rail looks to have a long split along it....passenger side.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

birdsandbees

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Birdflu

Quote from: alfaitalia on April 05, 2019, 04:40:21 PM
Might just be the photo but that chassis rail looks to have a long split along it....passenger side.

You talking about where the brake line is sticking out of the frame in the wheel well are? The line with stone guard on it?  :scratchchin:

chargerperson

An outright excellent car but as a first gen Dodge Charger at $250k is a repeat appearance for this thread.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Dodge-Charger-426-Hemi-2-x-4BBL/202645669427?hash=item2f2e9f8633:g:0WcAAOSws0Zcl-DS

Kern Dog

The picture above of the underside shows a bent tie rod sleeve.

70 sublime

Quote from: galvarado on April 04, 2019, 10:16:42 PM
I figured with the lower production numbers and the rust issues, prices would be higher.  I've got no issue paying good money for a good car though.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Dodge-Charger/273788989339?hash=item3fbf186f9b:g:DXwAAOSwd89cos60

I like this one if it stays around $30K.  But as I said, I'm not familiar with Mopars so I could be way off base.   :lol:

Condition:Used
Time left: Time left:2h 5m 2s Today 11:32PM
Current bid:US $25,900.00
[ 4 bids ]

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

galvarado

It'll be interesting to see what the high bid will be. Twin turbos and all.