News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Delusional Charger sellers

Started by Homerr, November 09, 2014, 02:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

I love the crappy 8 1/4 rear end.  :hah:

MrBrown562

Not sure if posted, seller stuck on 26k. Was offered 16k and refused. Will need 3/4 of AMD body panels to fix. Engine is gone.

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2019/02/07/hemmings-find-of-the-day-1968-dodge-charger/

Was on eBay twice buyer backed off.

XS29L8B360947

From the eBay listing:

THIS CHARGER, WHICH DECODES BY FENDER AND VIN TAGS AS A FACTORY 440, 4 SPEED, TRIPLE BLACK, VINYL TOP CAR, SAT UNBEKNOWST TO ME UNDER A CARPORT, ABOUT 8 MILES FROM MY HOUSE, HAVING NEVER BEEN ON THE ROAD OR TITLED SINCE 1977 (I HAVE A PIC OF THE ARKANSAS GREEN TITLE THAT CAME WITH THE CAR, DATED 1977-HAD TO TURN IT IN OF COURSE TO OBTAIN THE CLEAR NON SALVAGE CURRENT ARKANSAS TITLE I HAVE IN MY NAME). IT IS A MANUAL STEERING 4 WHEEL DRUM BRAKE CAR, IT WAS MADE TO GO IN A STRAIGHT LINE. IT IS NOT THE ORIGINAL ENGINE, HAVING A 440 HIPO OUT OF A 75 VINTAGE MOPAR OF SOME SORT, (MOPARTS WEBSITE STATES THE 440 HIPO WAS PRODUCED THROUGH 1978, THOUGH OBVIOUSLY DETUNED FROM THE 60'S MODELS).
I HAVE INCLUDED A PIC OF THE FRONT PAD ON THE BLOCK SHOWING THE 5T HIPO STAMPING, I ALSO HAVE A PIC (EMAIL ME IF YOU WOULD LIKE IT, CAN ONLY POST 24) OF THE SIDE OF THE BLOCK SHOWING THE CASTING NUMBER 4006630-440-5 WITH A CAST DATE OF 1974.

I HAVE INCLUDED A PIC OF THE TRANSMISSION CASE NUMBER WHICH SHOWS IT TO BE THE CORRECT 833 MANUAL TRANSMISSION NUMBER WITH A BUILD DATE CORRESPONDING TO 1968 ACCORDING TO DECODE ON THE MOPAR 10000 DAY CALENDER (MOPARTS WEBSITE). THE DANA 60 REAR DOES NOT HAVE A DATE CODE I'M AWARE OF BUT I HAVE PROVIDED A PIC OF THE CASE TAG NOTING TO 'USE LIMITED SLIP DIFF LUBE ONLY' . I 'BELIEVE' (I DON'T WARRANTY IT), THAT THE TRANS AND DIFF ARE ORIGINAL TO THE CAR, THE ENGINE OBVIOUSLY IS NOT. THE RADIATOR HAS ORIGINAL MOPAR MARKINGS.

I HAVE DECODED THE FENDER TAG AND THE CASTING NUMBERS TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY FROM VARIOUS WEBSITES. I DO NOT, WARRANTY THAT ALL INFORMATION IS CORRECT, I DO WARRANTY THAT THE PICS AND INFO I HAVE SUPPLIED ARE FROM THIS VEHICLE. I 'BELIEVE' IT IS PRETTY MUCH THE BULLITT CAR AS EQUIPPED (NOT 'THE' ACTUAL MOVIE CAR OBVIOUSLY).

THIS CHARGER WILL REQUIRE A FAIR AMOUNT OF METAL WORK, THERE ARE LOTS OF DENTS/DINGS/BRUISES. TRUNK PAN AND FLOOR PANS WILL NEED REPLACING IN ADDITION TO PASSENGER REAR QUARTER CERTAINLY. ROOF IS VERY DETERIORATED (LIKELY DUE TO THE VINYL TRAPPING MOISTURE) AND WILL NEED REPLACEMENT OR SUBSTANTIAL REHAB, ESPECIALLY AROUND THE REAR WINDOW (SEE CLOSE UP). THE FRONT GRILLE HAS BROKE/MISSING PIECES, HOOD FLEW UPON WHEN PREVIOUSLY OWNER DROVE IT HOME WITHOUT IT BEING LATCHED SECURELY SOTHAT IT IS CRUMPLED IN THE MIDDLE AND COMPLETELY UNUSABLE, IT CRACKED THE FRONT WINDSHIELD IN SEVERAL PLACES. VEHICLE DOES START, RUN, MOVE FORWARD AND BACKWARD (SUCKING FUEL FROM A CUSTOM ANTI FREEZE GAS JUG IN THE FRONT GRILLE SINCE THE MAIN TANK HAS A LARGE HOLE IN IT). RUNS ROUGH, OBVIOUSLY NEEDS A TUNEUP, I DID CHANGE THE PLUGS. ALL 4 WHEEL CYLINDERS HAVE BEEN REPLACED BUT IT STILL LEAKING FROM THE FRONT RUBBER HOSES (WHICH I HAVE ALONG WITH A NEW MASTER CYLINDER). MEANING, NO, YOU CANNOT DRIVE IT!!!!!

THIS CHARGER ALSO, HAS MORE SOLIDIFIED ASPHALT DEBRIS IN THE FENDERWELLS THAN ANY CAR I'VE EVER SEEN! I DON'T KNOW IF THE FIRST OWNER WAS AN ASPHALT PILOT VEHICLE OR WHAT, BUT IT APPEARS HE LIKED TO DRIVE THROUGH THE STUFF, ALSO HAS LADDER BARS INSTALLED. HEADLIGHTS DON'T WORK, NOT SURE IF ANY ELECTRONICS WORK. ODOMETER READS 17024, I WOULD TRUST IT'S ROLLED OVER. HAS BOTH DOOR GLASS PIECES PRESENT, MISSING THE SMALL PASS FORWARD VENT WIND GLASS. HURST SHIFTER ON THE FLOOR.

elks

That car looks rough for only 17000 miles multiply it by 10.

70 sublime

Can not tell if he is really serious or not ??

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/hamilton/1969-dodge-charger-426-hemi-4-speed/1414767963?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Description
Needs full restoration, frame, floors,windows, doors,bumpers, windows, tires & rims and seats , headliner, dashboard, gauge cluster, hood, trunk lid etc. No VIN tags ,keys or ownership. Lowballers will be ignored. Cash offers only in person, must leave a contact number or I can't get back to you $115,900 OBO as-is, where is

0 visits

In case the ad disappears

Also only pictures were of rusty bolts and one glass head light
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Y1CHARGER

Quote from: elks on February 10, 2019, 03:56:07 PM
That car looks rough for only 17000 miles multiply it by 10.
Ad says  "ODOMETER READS 17024, I WOULD TRUST IT'S ROLLED OVER"

tan top

Quote from: 70 sublime on February 11, 2019, 10:04:30 AM

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/hamilton/1969-dodge-charger-426-hemi-4-speed/1414767963?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Description
Needs full restoration, frame, floors,windows, doors,bumpers, windows, tires & rims and seats , headliner, dashboard, gauge cluster, hood, trunk lid etc. No VIN tags ,keys or ownership. Lowballers will be ignored. Cash offers only in person, must leave a contact number or I can't get back to you $115,900 OBO as-is, where is

0 visits

got to be a April fool joke come early  :scratchchin: :lol:  maybe  :o
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Mytur Binsdirti

Description

0 visits

Isn't anyone here going to praise this guy for "saving another one from the crusher"?    :confused:

VegasCharger

68X426

Yes indeed, delusional.

The ad says it was appraised.  Govier?

:smilielol:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

72Charger72

It is a dead Ram after all... just like they are  :hah:

ACUDANUT

Quote from: tan top on February 11, 2019, 10:21:57 AM

Description

0 visits

got to be a April fool joke come early  :scratchchin: :lol:  maybe  :o

Come on. You know its just a joke.

VegasCharger

timmycharger

"The front and rear seats are freshly recovered and all of the interior has just been replaced. " 

Huh? Is he talking about this car?  :rofl:

ACUDANUT

Interior has been pieced together by several donors.  So I guess it's new to the car lol

RallyeMike

Sure why not, he said "replaced" not new  ;D
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

JB400

I did some reading up on those trucks.  Technically, a rolling bomb in a side impact.  They mounted the gas tanks on the outside of the framerail

VegasCharger

Quote from: JB400 on March 13, 2019, 10:08:52 PM
I did some reading up on those trucks.  Technically, a rolling bomb in a side impact.  They mounted the gas tanks on the outside of the framerail

:iagree:

I'm getting my dad's truck ready to put up for sale. I'm asking half as much as the '76 . It's in better shape with a complete interior unlike the '76. My dad's is a 1983 Chevy Silverado 305 V8 Auto, PW, PS, PL, Tilt, Cruise, A/C. 8ft bed 2WD single cab two tone red/white with red interior. And yes the gas tank is located on the outer side of the LH frame rail.

Now before this turns into a Chevy thread here's another candidate for this thread of topic.

83K for a base 318 1969 Charger. Oh okay I get it, it has orange paint on it for your viewing pleasure and some celebrity autographs.

https://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/DEN/467/1969-Dodge-Charger

:cheers:

chargervert

They should call themselves Gateway drugs,because they are definitely on something with the way they price their cars.

Kern Dog

Quote from: JB400 on March 13, 2019, 10:08:52 PM
I did some reading up on those trucks.  Technically, a rolling bomb in a side impact.  They mounted the gas tanks on the outside of the framerail

This was a bullshit rumor that was disproven many times. In yet another example of the media MAKING news rather than REPORTING news, the dimwits at NBC did an "expose" in a DATELINE NBC" episode on the dangers of side impacts of the 73-87 GM pickups. The could not get the trucks to explode on side impacts so they decided to rig the results. They unscrewed the gas caps to the point where they were barely sitting on the fill tube and rigged small rockets to the front of the cars that were colliding with the trucks. It was a blatant case of FAKE news, a habit these jerkoffs continue with to this day.
GM made MILLIONS of those trucks. I owned an 84 Chevy for 9 years and put over 300,000 miles on it with not a bit of worry over any safety "issue", real or fabricated.

Mike DC

QuoteThis was a bullshit rumor that was disproven many times. In yet another example of the media MAKING news rather than REPORTING news, the dimwits at NBC did an "expose" in a DATELINE NBC" episode on the dangers of side impacts of the 73-87 GM pickups. The could not get the trucks to explode on side impacts so they decided to rig the results. They unscrewed the gas caps to the point where they were barely sitting on the fill tube and rigged small rockets to the front of the cars that were colliding with the trucks. It was a blatant case of FAKE news, a habit these jerkoffs continue with to this day.
GM made MILLIONS of those trucks. I owned an 84 Chevy for 9 years and put over 300,000 miles on it with not a bit of worry over any safety "issue", rel or fabricated.

The network TV video was faked.  That doesn't prove there was nothing to the whole story.  

Those trucks did have a gas tank leakage issue when hit in the side.  The infamous Ford Pinto gas tank problem was killing much fewer people (per vehicle sold) than this one.  Ford and Mopar had both considered putting truck tanks in that location and ruled against it for safety reasons.  GM eventually agreed to give out a big rebate to any owners wanting to trade in those trucks.

Were those trucks "unsafe"?  Matter of opinion.  Lots of people have been rear-ended in Pintos without getting killed.  Safety is probabilities and shades of gray.
Bottom line - gasoline tanks outside the frame is not considered a great design on any car or truck.  

ACUDANUT

My 73 Dodge P/U had a gas tank inside (behind the seat).  :Twocents:

Mike DC

QuoteMy 73 Dodge P/U had a gas tank inside (behind the seat).

That's what caused the issue.   In the early 70s the Federal word came down "get those gas tanks out of the cab" (safety reasons) so Detroit had to figure out where else to put them.  Ford & Mopar went inside the frame.  GM tried side-saddle tanks to offer a longer range.

Kern Dog

I agree that it was not an ideal design, I also feel that a mountain was fabricated from a molehill. Greedy people, greedy lawyers, etc...