News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 dash conversion

Started by texas charger 73, November 14, 2014, 07:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

texas charger 73

I have a 73 with a standard dash with sweeping gauges. I have opportunity to purchase a ralley cluster with harness. Does it bolt right in? Are dash frames the same or do i have to change complete dash?
1973 dodge charger
mild 318
904 reverse manual vb
2 1/2" flowmasters
8.25 with 3:55
Sdh1120@yahoo.com
Plum crazy metallic

ODZKing

Nope, should bolt right in.  A couple electrical differences. You'll have to replace idiot light senders with gauge senders.  Most likely oil and I forget if the temp had a gauge or light on the non-rallye.
Nacho can tell you specifics.

texas charger 73

Thanks Bob. I got a chance to buy Ralley cluster with harness for $200. I figure that's a really good deal.
1973 dodge charger
mild 318
904 reverse manual vb
2 1/2" flowmasters
8.25 with 3:55
Sdh1120@yahoo.com
Plum crazy metallic

Nacho-RT74

making a full swap with harness is a plug and play job EXCEPT IF HARNESS IS 71 OR 74.

71 didn't got the seatbelt relay warning system and some wires are turned around at bulkhead. Driver side door jam switch plug changes too, allong with the wiper switch plug. Of course matching wiper switch is not a problem since harenss comes with matching clsuter but will need to consider that if needing to replace wiper switch. Wires are the same, just diff plugs and prongs disposition.

74s Got the interlock system which won't match on your 73 in several places and accesories

72 or 73 is the best bet you can win being the easier job. Still would need to check a matching bulkhead wires with your 74 underhood wires

Sender: only oil sender is the one needing to be replaced.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html