News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got it.. My 1st E-body... '70 Challenger TA >>> She's gone now

Started by hemi68charger, November 16, 2014, 12:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Got it.. My 1st E-body... '70 Challenger TA

Hey gang..
Well, the time has arrived and I am officially an E-body owner... So, is there a secret E-body hand shake? It is pretty darn nice. I meet my friend Rick and Tammy who I've known for a LONG time back in my Active Duty Air Force days at Carswell AFB. I sold the black Daytona clone and bought this. With the money I had invested in the Daytona clone, the amount I sold it for and the purchase price of the TA, I have... ohhhhh, bought a TA for $6000.. :biggrin:

I drove it on base before we loaded it...... Man, it was nice driving a 4speed again........

Now, it is home next to the other race car, the Daytona......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemi68charger

One the road and back at home next to the Daytona.....
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Ghoste

Very nice Troy!  You need a revolving sig for your fleet the way it changes.  ;)

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

JB400

Great buy, but now you need some blue in the garage.  :lol:

XH29N0G

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

ws23rt

:2thumbs: :2thumbs:
I've never had an e-body and would like to feel how they drive. (a bucket list for car guys is a big bucket). Was close to ordering a new challenger in 1970 but bought a 69 super bee instead.   :shruggy:
That looks like a nice example and a great investment for your cost.

41husk

Very nice! same color as my 70 Challenger vert. :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

hemi-hampton

That's always been one of my Favorite cars after Restoring 5 of them. Always wanted one. Maybe if I sell the Charger. Congrats :2thumbs: LEON.

hemi68charger

Quote from: hemi-hampton on November 16, 2014, 08:07:36 PM
... Always wanted one. Maybe if I sell the Charger. Congrats :2thumbs: LEON.

And what kind of Charger is that?
Troy

69charger2002

Congrats Troy! Looks like a nice one. I'm trying to imagine your next for sale/trade ad already lol. You're as bad as me.
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

69rtse4spd

:2thumbs:,need to sell the 70 Super Bee, hint, hint.

Mopar Nut

Wow, very nice!

The last time I saw a 70 R/T Challenger in the rear view mirror on my trailer, a 18 wheeler took out the driver side quarter about thirty years ago.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69rtse4spd on November 16, 2014, 11:16:36 PM
:2thumbs:,need to sell the 70 Super Bee, hint, hint.

You'd have to ask the owner's wife.... This would be her reply..  :mad:
Troy

GreenMachine

Love the T/A's and AAR's! Don't leave it in the 'hood to get jacked like this one.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Mytur Binsdirti

That is a sharp looking car indeed! Everybody needs to own an E-body just once to get it out of their system.    :icon_smile_big:

hemi68charger

Here she is all cleaned up from yesterday... That was fun..

Quote from: 69charger2002 on November 16, 2014, 11:10:55 PM
Congrats Troy! Looks like a nice one. I'm trying to imagine your next for sale/trade ad already lol. You're as bad as me.

Hey Trav... That I am it looks like..... Kim and Jacob ( my son ), have already kidded me on how long I'll have this one........ But, it will have to take a badass Charger R/T/500 WITH 4speed or Superbird project to get me away from this one... So far, it is so cool and it sounds awesome.... Love that trumpet exhaust. Reminds me of my former Lil' Red Express trucks I owned with the exhaust coming from right behind me........

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on November 17, 2014, 08:30:34 AM
That is a sharp looking car indeed! Everybody needs to own an E-body just once to get it out of their system.    :icon_smile_big:

Thanks.. I'm already in the process of fixing the incorrect details in the engine compartment (needs the black strap for the heater hose and misc things)..
Troy

472 R/T SE

Quote from: GreenMachine on November 17, 2014, 08:11:19 AM
Love the T/A's and AAR's! Don't leave it in the 'hood to get jacked like this one.

So that car was jacked?   :shruggy:

GreenMachine

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on November 17, 2014, 06:10:44 PM
Quote from: GreenMachine on November 17, 2014, 08:11:19 AM

So that car was jacked?   :shruggy:

I don't know, it just looks that way. The guy is reaching under the dash and his lookout looks pissed off and coming towards whoever is taking the picture. It's just an old pic I found on the internet.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

Cooter

It could be those guys parents bought them that AAR Brand new, dude stumbled into a pic, and dude in the car could be trying to untangle the shift linkage.....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

500Jon

Nice one Troy!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Always wanted a Chally meself, maybe a white VP car?
I had a real nice B5 383 4-speed 70-Cuda.
Been kicking my own butt for selling it for £4000 DOH.
We call Cuda's 'HAIRDRESSER' Cars in the UK LOL! :smilielol:

Enjoy the ride FELLA!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
5J
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

tan top

awesome looking Challenger  :drool5:   , good stuff   ABE Troy   :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

472 R/T SE

Or the driver is telling the person sitting on the hood @ the hinge area that sitting on the hood won't take the hump out of it.   ;)

In turn the person taking the pic says he can see the future & once the new hood comes in we need to save this old one since people will pay premium dollar for an original one.  That's why he has the WTF look on his face.

Something like that....

hemi-hampton

Quote from: hemi68charger on November 16, 2014, 08:24:50 PM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on November 16, 2014, 08:07:36 PM
... Always wanted one. Maybe if I sell the Charger. Congrats :2thumbs: LEON.

And what kind of Charger is that?

My Unrestored original burnt orange 70 R/T.  LEON.